Getting everyone psyched about Destructotron 3000

JWMAN's Avatar JWMAN4/19/13 7:20 pm
1 emeralds 2.2k 67
9/22/2013 6:55 pm
JWMAN's Avatar JWMAN
Hello everyone! I am working on an epic redstone project, a working, fighting robot! It is similar to disco's Evil Santa Boss fight, make sure to check out that project. I am not finished with the project yet; if all goes well, I will have it out in about a month.
*Edit* Looks like it's been a bit more than a month!
I hope I didn't post this topic too early. The robot will basically be a large, redstone lamp face, and there will be three obsidian platforms that you jump to and fro from. The robot eyes follow you, using some mcedit magic, and when you jump on a platform, in about 4 seconds, primed TNT will spawn, forcing you to jump to a different platform. Also, when you jump on one of the platforms, fire charges will instantly shoot at you, requiring you to dodge them. Also, the robot will have emotion, and a health bar. When you shoot the robot, he will say a message, and when his health bar is at half, his smile will go away. At 3/4 of the way down, he will start to frown. I am not nearly done with the project yet, but just keep your eyes peeled. Sorry if this was a long post!
Thanks for reading,
JWMAN123

*Update*
I have named my robot! He shall be Destructotron 3000! Hope you guys like the name! I got the name from a helpful reviewer, Woody239. I also added some pictures of the spawn room, But the spawn room is certainly not done!. It's gonna look a lot cooler when I'm done with it!

MediaFire pictures:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?gf69y5jw21lko51 - Main picture

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?ldfj2hh9sz5rb4v - A good front on picture

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?tob4d2o7cbrc01h - The redstone (note: the redstone looks a lot more impressive now then it does in the picture)

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?si4xbc9aouu6145 - He has emotions, he gets angry when his health bar goes down

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?67p41k7slqt8c6c - The spawn (so far) *edit* Very outdated

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?5gxk5ppq5ivk9ul - Three game difficulties (Also outdated)

http://www.mediafire.com/?pwmixmdaw97ftdm - My newest print screen, which shows the redstone behind the robot

http://www.mediafire.com/view/knb49hdoc ... fight8.png - A front on shot of my robot.
JWMAN
Level 22 : Expert Dragonborn

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/22/2013 6:55 pm
JWMAN
Hello everyone! It's finally here, the Destructotron 3000 beta! Yeah, it's still very beta, so there will probably be some bugs, and it doesn't look nearly as cool as it would be if it was finished. But hey, it's still really-unbelievably-epic. Unfortunately (at the time of writing this), it has gotten almost no recognition whatsoever, even though I worked on it for about 8 months to a year. So some support would be hugely appreciated! Go ahead and check it out at http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/ ... ight-beta/. Also, if anyone wants to make a YouTube video for it, that would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
JWMAN123

P.S. I also published a really cool flush-with-the-wall, stackable fire lighting unit, so if you want to check that out, go to http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/ ... stackable/
07/01/2013 6:20 pm
JWMAN
Hello everyone! I just took another snapshot of my robot. I am super excited, the player health system is now fully functional! It can detect when you fall off a platform, and when you do, your health will decrease by one. When it reaches zero, Destructotron will say a gleeful message (only if you are in the arena), you will be teleported back to spawn, and your health will be reset to three. Anyway, enjoy the new print screen. (To view a larger version, go to the first comment on the forum thread)
07/01/2013 12:32 am
Level 44 : Master Wolf Whisperer
ImaLittleCreeper
07/01/2013 4:39 pm
JWMAN
Thank you!
-JWMAN123
07/01/2013 12:29 am
Level 23 : Expert Network
Seivelath
You got something...
'Some weird jackass that has a regal mode likes your work alot' Award!
Good luck, and keep going.
07/01/2013 4:38 pm
JWMAN
Great! Thank you! What music choices do you think I should add? (Clean music, of course)
Thanks,
JWMAN123
07/01/2013 12:24 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Engineer
Derya001
It looks like you just want to display one single face on the screen. Add a ROM behind your display, and you will be able to display more then one different face on the screen (an laughing one, an angry one, and so on... ) and when the health goes down, the face will become angrier and angrier.
07/01/2013 4:37 pm
JWMAN
Hmm, that's a cool idea, but I already kind of have that. He goes from smiling, bland face, and frowning as his health goes down. Thanks for the suggestion though! What about music choices, though? What do you think would be a good soundtrack that most people would like? (I will probably add a music picker in the spawn room) I was thinking maybe some deadmau5 would be good, especially ghosts 'n' stuff, it seems it would be a rather fitting song for fighting an evil robot.
Thanks for your input!
JWMAN123
06/27/2013 3:33 pm
Level 27 : Expert Skinner
Ostrichattack
this looks really awsome, good luck
06/29/2013 1:50 pm
JWMAN
Thank you for your feedback! It is greatly appreciated!
06/26/2013 10:54 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Goblin
poltercreeper
amazing project, can't wait to see it finished
06/30/2013 10:52 pm
JWMAN
Why, thank you! By the way, I think I will be adding a soundtrack with the new /playsound command. Here's a little poll, what songs should I use for the soundtrack?
06/29/2013 1:49 pm
JWMAN
Yay! Thanks for the feedback! Yes, I think it's going to be pretty epic, and hopefully I'll be using some of the new features from the 1.6.1 update also, maybe a soundtrack for while you fight the robot?
06/26/2013 10:22 pm
JWMAN
Hey everybody! Today, I have another print screen for you guys! I am mostly uploading it because I want to prove I am making progress on my robot. So, here it is!
http://www.mediafire.com/?pwmixmdaw97ftdm
Also, my spawn room looks completely different, and a lot cooler. If I get enough replies, I'll upload a print screen of it also.
Thanks,
Jonathan
06/21/2013 10:22 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice System
spotifier
yay redstone
06/15/2013 4:32 pm
JWMAN
Ha! You guys thought I have given up on my robot, eh? NOT TRUE! OK, so, I've been REALLY busy the last month or so, and I haven't had a whole lot of time to work on Destructotron, but I most certainly am making progress. Just think of it this way, the longer I work on my robot, the more epic the map will be.

Newest features I've been working on:
Player health system
An epic level selector
A sweet player spawn
A bonus shot system for when you shoot all the pressure points in a certain amount of time
And more!

Thanks,
JWMAN123

P.S. If I get enough positive replies, I might even upload a beta version onto the forums!
05/02/2013 5:30 pm
JWMAN
Sorry it is taking so long to get the robot done. I AM MAKING PROGRESS. He's getting done, slowly but surely. I've been a bit distracted, I just got DiRT 3 and DiRT Showdown. It will be out soon, though! Hopefully in the next few weeks!
04/27/2013 5:37 am
Level 29 : Expert Nerd
TripleThreatNinja
I can put it on my server and we could build it together
05/02/2013 5:28 pm
JWMAN
Thank you for your offer. Unfortunately, I have some MCEdit stuff that wouldn't work if uploaded to a server. Thanks for the offer, though!
04/25/2013 1:28 pm
JWMAN
I am working on the spawn room for Destructotron 3000, here is what I have so far.
Mediafire pictures:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?67p41k7slqt8c6c
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?5gxk5ppq5ivk9ul
04/23/2013 12:51 pm
JWMAN
Wow. I tested my robot last night, I got utterly pwned. lol. I'm wondering, should I have a difficulty setting? If you would like, please give your opinion below.
04/22/2013 10:16 pm
JWMAN
Woody239(These are just my thoughts while reading it.)
JWMANHello everyone!

Hi JWMAN!

JWMANI am working on an epic redstone project, a working, fighting robot!

Seems impossible. Probably fake, considering very few sophisticated people use the word, "Epic."

JWMANIt is similar to disco's Evil Santa Boss fight, make sure to check out that project. I am not finished with the project yet; if all goes well, I will have it out in about a month.

Giving details related to another person's work; not taking all the credit to himself. This seems like it could be legit. This person must be dedicated, as he's only got a month left to this project. Seems like this would take a while to make.

JWMAN I hope I didn't post this topic too early. The robot will basically be a large, redstone lamp face, and there will be three obsidian platforms that you jump to and fro from.

Seems interesting.

JWMAN The robot eyes follow you, using some mcedit magic, and when you jump on a platform, in about 4 seconds, primed TNT will spawn, forcing you to jump to a different platform. Also, when you jump on one of the platforms, fire charges will instantly shoot at you, requiring you to dodge them. Also, the robot will have emotion, and a health bar.

Definitely legitimate. This person knows what he's talking about. Even I don't know how to use MCEdit that well. Seems like it will be fun. Not sure how the emotion would work, but the health seems like something I could understand. Yay! Smart me is smart!

JWMANWhen you shoot the robot, he will say a message, and when his health bar is at half, his smile will go away.

The message part many people could do. The smile would be quite challenging, though...

JWMAN At 3/4 of the way down, he will start to frown. I am not nearly done with the project yet, but just keep your eyes peeled.

Again, seems complicated. Still seems completely legitimate.(Not being sarcastic)
Also, not trying to be a smart-ass, but of course you're not nearly done. You just said you still have about a month of work left.

JWMANSorry if this was a long post!

Definitely not, I've seen much longer, and even if this was long, it was still interesting to read.

JWMAN
Thanks for reading,

Oh stop it, you!

JWMAN
*Update*

Yay, progress! He's working on it, so it's not abandoned!

JWMAN
I have now made the health bar/shooting system. It takes about 23 hits to kill the robot. Does this seem like too much? Or too little? Remember, the robot is hard to shoot. TNT pops up around you, and he is shooting flames at the platform you are standing on.

23 hits seems like a good amount. It seems like it could be quite challenging, in fact. But that's a good thing, as people like challenges.

JWMANOpinions would be great!

You're welcome!

Also, if I were as skilled at redstone as you seem, after finishing the project, I would take the world, and copy it twice. Then, in one of the copies I would make it easier to win than in the original, and in the second copy I would make it more challenging to win. Then, after all 3 worlds are done and put up for download, work on combining the 3 projects into 1, with a difficulty setting. The 3 wouldn't have to necessarily be made into 1, but just have them all in the same world, with a teleport button to them.

And name it C-3PO!
Or the Destructotron 3000. (Admit it, every cool robot name has to have the number "3000" after it. )

By the way, after originally posting this reply, I realized something;
This is what a long post looks like.

Thank you very much for your extremely helpful comment! You have some great ideas, and I am greatly encouraged to keep working on the robot. I think it is quite probable that I will use your "Destructotron" name, if you don't mind. And I like the idea for the three difficulties. I might do that.
Thanks a lot!
JWMAN123
04/22/2013 9:31 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Blockhead
Woodilicious
(These are just my thoughts while reading it.)
JWMANHello everyone!

Hi JWMAN!

JWMANI am working on an epic redstone project, a working, fighting robot!

Seems impossible. Probably fake, considering very few sophisticated people use the word, "Epic."

JWMANIt is similar to disco's Evil Santa Boss fight, make sure to check out that project. I am not finished with the project yet; if all goes well, I will have it out in about a month.

Giving details related to another person's work; not taking all the credit to himself. This seems like it could be legit. This person must be dedicated, as he's only got a month left to this project. Seems like this would take a while to make.

JWMAN I hope I didn't post this topic too early. The robot will basically be a large, redstone lamp face, and there will be three obsidian platforms that you jump to and fro from.

Seems interesting.

JWMAN The robot eyes follow you, using some mcedit magic, and when you jump on a platform, in about 4 seconds, primed TNT will spawn, forcing you to jump to a different platform. Also, when you jump on one of the platforms, fire charges will instantly shoot at you, requiring you to dodge them. Also, the robot will have emotion, and a health bar.

Definitely legitimate. This person knows what he's talking about. Even I don't know how to use MCEdit that well. Seems like it will be fun. Not sure how the emotion would work, but the health seems like something I could understand. Yay! Smart me is smart!

JWMANWhen you shoot the robot, he will say a message, and when his health bar is at half, his smile will go away.

The message part many people could do. The smile would be quite challenging, though...

JWMAN At 3/4 of the way down, he will start to frown. I am not nearly done with the project yet, but just keep your eyes peeled.

Again, seems complicated. Still seems completely legitimate.(Not being sarcastic)
Also, not trying to be a smart-ass, but of course you're not nearly done. You just said you still have about a month of work left.

JWMANSorry if this was a long post!

Definitely not, I've seen much longer, and even if this was long, it was still interesting to read.

JWMAN
Thanks for reading,

Oh stop it, you!

JWMAN
*Update*

Yay, progress! He's working on it, so it's not abandoned!

JWMAN
I have now made the health bar/shooting system. It takes about 23 hits to kill the robot. Does this seem like too much? Or too little? Remember, the robot is hard to shoot. TNT pops up around you, and he is shooting flames at the platform you are standing on.

23 hits seems like a good amount. It seems like it could be quite challenging, in fact. But that's a good thing, as people like challenges.

JWMANOpinions would be great!

You're welcome!

Also, if I were as skilled at redstone as you seem, after finishing the project, I would take the world, and copy it twice. Then, in one of the copies I would make it easier to win than in the original, and in the second copy I would make it more challenging to win. Then, after all 3 worlds are done and put up for download, work on combining the 3 projects into 1, with a difficulty setting. The 3 wouldn't have to necessarily be made into 1, but just have them all in the same world, with a teleport button to them.

And name it C-3PO!
Or the Destructotron 3000. (Admit it, every cool robot name has to have the number "3000" after it. )

By the way, after originally posting this reply, I realized something;
This is what a long post looks like.
04/22/2013 9:25 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Ninja
AznNinjaCraft
Bob.
04/22/2013 9:43 pm
JWMAN
*Sighs* Well, I guess I could. But I think that would somehow mess up the "epicness" effect.
(Yes, spell check, "epicness" is a word)
04/22/2013 9:19 pm
JWMAN
Ok, I need help! What should I name my robot?
04/22/2013 9:05 pm
JWMAN
JWMAN
RedSpressowhats the tnt for?

It's their so you have to jump to another platform, or get blown off! It just happened to spawn when I was taking the print screen
04/22/2013 6:08 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Artist
Thelonemonk1345
Ive always wanted something like this. if you only make the frame, people can make it look like whatever they want
04/22/2013 9:07 pm
JWMAN
I could do that, but then it wouldn't really be a finished product.
04/22/2013 6:00 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Miner
RedSpresso
whats the tnt for?
04/22/2013 9:05 pm
JWMAN
It's their so you have to jump to another platform, or get blown off!
04/20/2013 11:20 pm
JWMAN
Yay! I now made it so when his health goes down, he gets increasingly angry. He sure doesn't look too happy in this picture!
MediaFire picture: http://www.mediafire.com/view/?si4xbc9aouu6145
04/20/2013 7:21 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Engineer
Lucargia
Sounds amazing!
04/20/2013 10:12 pm
JWMAN
Yay! Thanks! Yeah, I'm psyched about getting it finished, too.
04/20/2013 7:15 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
mcc83
Cant wait.
04/20/2013 7:10 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Hunter
DarkDanger11
I will get it to
04/20/2013 10:11 pm
JWMAN
Great!
04/20/2013 6:59 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Hunter
DarkDanger11
I will get it to
04/20/2013 6:55 pm
RedSpresso
I think you should make the nose sneeze ( have a block swapper with a dropper) with slime balls. Dont do that if you dont want to
04/20/2013 10:10 pm
JWMAN
Interesting idea. I probably won't use it. Nice idea, though!
04/20/2013 6:51 pm
RedSpresso
It sounds awesome im subbing
04/20/2013 10:08 pm
JWMAN
Yay! Thank you! This encourages me greatly to work hard on my project.
04/20/2013 2:45 pm
JWMAN
Here is some of the redstone on my robot. And trust me, I am just getting started!
MediaFire link to picture: http://www.mediafire.com/view/?tob4d2o7cbrc01h
04/20/2013 12:26 am
Level 1 : New Miner
Jack6712
Can't wait
04/20/2013 2:26 pm
JWMAN
Glad you are excited. I was working on the health bar this morning, it is now fully functional. I think I'll start working on his emotions/phrases now. Make sure to tell your PMC buddies about it!
P.S. I might upload another print screen soon!
04/19/2013 11:45 pm
JWMAN
Yay! I now have a little "sneak peak" at what the robot will look like. Please keep in mind, this is not near to the finished product! Also, the robot will be in a giant room, it will not be open aired.
Mediafire link to picture: http://www.mediafire.com/view/?gf69y5jw21lko51
04/19/2013 9:58 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Nether Knight
blueboytech24
dude that's sick
04/19/2013 11:02 pm
JWMAN
Sweet. Glad I'm getting feedback. It motivates me to work hard on it.
04/19/2013 9:47 pm
Level 24 : Expert Network
NOTAVALIABLE
nice i 1+ and sub and fav (i dont do that often your lucky)
04/19/2013 11:01 pm
JWMAN
Thanks a lot! Yeah, sorry I don't have a print screen yet. I am trying to figure out how to upload one. Thanks!
*Edit* I now have print screens. Check it out, they are all on the main comment.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome