Gnembon's redstone / game mechanics creations

gnembon's Avatar gnembon12/21/15 4:28 pm
1 emeralds 473
Hi Guys,
I started a channel couple months ago to share my ideas about a few cool things I came up with. I didn't publish them anywhere aside YT, but I thought, some of you might be interested in checking them out. Some highlights of my previous work:
  • Villager-powered enchanting (Tutorial/walk-through). Not the most original idea, but I came up with all the details myself, and then people started to letting me know they were doing things similarly (Letting me know in a good, not bad way):
  • Micro-hopper duplication farm. Based on Ilmango's video about duplication I dug down into a problem and came up with 2x1 tileable design that does the job (3000items/s). I used it later to show how you can use multiple dragon eggs to make a hole in bedrock using Spire's idea.
    My original hopper duplication glitch research video:

Breaking bedrock:
  • AFKable sand converter based on Panda4994 engine. Clock-less design - player itself triggers the machine each time he places a sand block.
  • Wall sorting system. My biggest project so far. Spend like 2 months on it. Not silent, but allows to sort items into 1x1 tiles of double chests. System is not silent, but very robust, cleans itself up if it gets clogged up, and makes sure items are pushed through.
    Better design (including block by block tut, and 256 chests storage system - working!):

Original video:

(don't recommend this design, check the latest video for a better design)
  • Fun farms ep 0: Quad crossroad wither skeleton farm compatible with 1.9, by the fact, it doesn't rely on any glitches in the game, so it should stay compatible until Mojang changes the rules:
  • Fun Farms 1: Pretty OP Enderman Farm that uses only teleportation. Not a single piece of redstone used, no nametag. You only need wood, wool, snow and pumpkin, pretty much. Includes in-depth analysis of enderman teleportation mechanics. I personally really like this one:
  • Fun Farms 2: Witches in 1.9. Or rather, again designs that don't rely on bugs, so should work fine in whatever version. 5 designs compared with some statistically meaningful results.

I am new to this place, so let me know if that follows the rules ok, or what I can improve. I plan to post info about my new stuff in the future, however I am mostly checking my Youtube. I am a busy guy with very little time for all those things, so I can only do a video a month, and this typically takes most of my free time away. On the other hand, I am trying to make a quality content, and do it only because I like it. And I want to share it with others, that's why I am here.
gnembon
Level 1 : New Miner