Help: Self-Lighting Redstone Ore Pathway

YachtCrafter's Avatar YachtCrafter1/21/18 10:16 am
1 emeralds 255 2
1/21/2018 12:29 pm
YachtCrafter's Avatar YachtCrafter
Hi there guys! I have an idea, but it's a little strange. I'll try to describe this as best possible. What I want to do is place down redstone ore in random intervals throughout one of my paths so that when it's walked over, it'll light for a few seconds and then turn off. The problem is, without modifying the random tick settings on the server I can't change the rate to be faster. Can anybody here think of a way to to do this without changing the tickspeed settings? If you can think of a way to emulate this with redstone, while using no pistons/pressureplates or anything that makes noise please say! Thanks!
YachtCrafter
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/21/2018 11:54 am
Level 57 : Grandmaster Engineer
ShelLuser
I'm not sure I fully understand what you want. Is this about the redstone ore or about the light?

You can't really influence those ore blocks without commands. But you can use a redstone contraption to light up an area whenever someone walks over a redstone block:

So: you walk over the ore, it triggers the observer and that powers the redstone (no sound). The two comparators running into each other create a small delay and the repeaters (set to 2 ticks) between each "lamp section" create the effect that the lamps get lit one by one (starting from the one closest to the observer). They also turn off in the same way.

You could add more ore blocks down the path (with observers) which then re-init the first circuit, so making sure that the lamps remain lit. When the player crossed the last section the lamps will go out and all is well again ;)

I placed the observer sideways for demonstrating purposes but obviously you should probably direct it downwards so that you fully hide the redstone circuit.
01/21/2018 12:29 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
YachtCrafter
Thank you for the reply! I was messing around with it and actually found a simpler way haha. My idea was that player's "footsteps" would be causing the ground to light up, kind of like in the night scene from Avatar. I ended up using command blocks to replace the lit ore block and that made it work beautifully.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome