Help with command blocks!

Aequotis's Avatar Aequotis7/5/14 6:15 pm
1 emeralds 225 3
7/7/2014 10:52 am
RaiseYourMilk's Avatar RaiseYourMilk
Hi everyone, I have made a convertible roof car, but I want to be able to make it so when you pull a lever/push a button, then the roof folds down and can then comes back up.

I have already made the steps between this, all I need is someone with a skill in command blocks who can make the system I described work!

Thanks!

Aequotis
Level 73 : Legendary Pig

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/07/2014 10:52 am
Level 1 : New Crafter
RaiseYourMilk
Shiny!
07/06/2014 9:38 am
Level 73 : Legendary Pig
Aequotis
Thanks man!

This was very helpful!
07/05/2014 11:02 pm
Level 20 : Expert Engineer
TheRedSkorpion
Hi!
What you want to do, is setup a chain of command block (one per frame of your animation) with repeaters between them (for one animation, you want 2 for opening and closing of your car thingny). 4 ticks on each should be a good delay. Each command block as the same command in it: /clone. They only have different coord. I have no idea what are the coord of the animated car and the template cars, so I'll try to explain how the command work.
(wiki: http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Commands#Operator-only_commands)
Note that the command is only available in the 1.8 snapshots.

This is the general clone command:
/clone <x1> <y1> <z1> <x2> <y2> <z2> <x> <y> <z> [mode] [mode2]

I'im gonna make a step by step to make a command for one "frame" in the animation.

1. On your template car, you need to find 2 coord: the one with the lowest coord (x,y and z combined) and the one with the max (2 opposite corner).
I think that this #1 is really not clear so there's a screenshot:

You can see I press f3 and use the 3 axis cursor to know wich corner is the one with the lowest coord

2. so x1, y1 and z1 are the coord of the lowest corner, and x2, y2 and z2 the one of the opposite corner

3. x, y and z are the target coord (these should be the same in every command you write for every frame of the animation)

4. mode is "replace"

5. mode2 is "normal"

6. repeat 1-5 for every template car you have. Also, do the inverted sequence to make the closing animation.

I know my explanation are not clear, so just pm me if you want more info. Anyway, someone will probaly come soon to correct the mistake I said.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome