How can I do this?

Liam44JT's Avatar Liam44JT5/28/18 12:51 pm
1 emeralds 253 6
6/5/2018 8:02 pm
SUPERIONtheKnight's Avatar SUPERIONtheKnight
I need to figure out a way to make it so that when someone opens a certain furnace it will send a redstone signal. I have no clue how to do this and I doubt its possible, but we never know.

All help appreciated, thanks! :)
Liam44JT
Level 12 : Journeyman Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/05/2018 8:02 pm
Level 29 : Expert Engineer
SUPERIONtheKnight
Does it matter what furnace the player opens? Or do you want to detect if a player opens any furnace in general? I'll provide a solution for the latter, let me know if you need the other approach.

Prerequisite
/scoreboard objectives add Furnace stat.furnaceInteraction
Clock Commands
/execute @a[score_Furnace_min=1] ~ ~ ~ say hi
/scoreboard players reset @a[score_Furnace_min=1] Furnace
Prerequisite
/scoreboard objectives add Furnace minecraft.custom:minecraft.interact_with_furnace
Clock Commands
/execute if entity @a[scores={Furnace=1..}] run say hi
/scoreboard players reset @a[scores={Furnace=1..}] Furnace
Obviously the "say hi" commands should be replaced with whatever you want. I hope this helps!
~SUPERIONtheKnight
06/04/2018 9:42 am
Level 1 : New Miner
PaperCoach
Yes, I also tried to open the oven, but I can not do anything. Where can we find papercoach help? what player can do it? Try to help the tips below and later write from this what happened.
05/29/2018 3:01 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Architect
Liam44JT
Yeah, I'm trying to figure out how to run a command when a player opens a certain furnace.
05/28/2018 5:34 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Engineer
garlicbreathinator
What is your goal with this? Just to run a command when a player opens a furnace, or to activate a door or something?

You are not able to do this directly, but you could use a comparator to tell when an item is put in / taken out of a furnace. A more complicated, but wireless, method would be to use a scoreboard objective to track the "use furnace" statistic, and check when a player within a distance of an armor stand (invisible, on the furnace) clicks a furnace.
05/28/2018 1:23 pm
Level 45 : Master Ninja
HappyHippo77
It is impossible to find a player opening a furnace, exempting the use of command blocks of course. However, it is possible to find items in a furnace using a comparator, so if you are attempting to make a trap which occurs when a player tries to take items from a furnace you could use a comparator through a block and attach it to an inverter, or activate the trap by placing items in the furnace by subtracting the inverter from the contraption.
05/28/2018 12:59 pm
Level 26 : Expert Explorer
stoatsnhoney
Maybe use a comparator? I don't know if that works for just opening a furnace but it's worth a try to look up what red stone comparators can do. I use them with hoppers and command blocks and they're super useful!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome