Huge TNT Cannon [1.7 Update]

Plixus's Avatar Plixus11/22/13 4:36 pm
1 emeralds 308 1
11/24/2013 1:33 pm
Plixus's Avatar Plixus
Hello everybody!
I once made a TNT cannon. It was a pretty nice TNT cannon. The only problem was that back then the only possibility to build it was by using dispensers and quite a lot of redstone and in the end, all it could do was shoot TNT either at a short or a long range(It would even break if you pressed the fire button too fast).

Now, with the introduction of the 1.7 update and the /summon and /setblock commands I was able to recreate this and give it some amazing modifications!
It shoots faster, farther, better and even more TNT than it could ever do before.

Long sentense short take a look at it, I guarantee it's worth it:
http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/ ... 17-update/

That was enough advertisement, now let's get a little more serious.
The reason I made this thread is the following:

I want to get some constructive feedback about it. I know it's not that special, but I'm still pretty proud about it because the commandblocks allowed me to reduce a whole bunch of redstone into a few blocks. Now there's so much space left that could be used. Do you have any suggestions on what I could still add to the cannon? Do you have anything to criticise about the way I made it right now? Maybe you also want to say something about the video that I made to explain how it works?

The only flaw (In my opinion) is that when importing it as a schematic file, you can't rotate it so you have to use a different schematic for each direction(East,South,West,North) which still isn't that much of a problem as I think.

Now let the discussion begin!

Regards, Plixus
Plixus
Level 33 : Artisan Crafter