Is there any super in-depth Command Block guides or documents? [CLOSED]

CO0BAH's Avatar CO0BAH6/9/18 10:45 am history
1 emeralds 192 4
6/10/2018 2:58 pm
CO0BAH's Avatar CO0BAH
Hello, PMC!

Some of you might know me from my projects on my profile, but as of recently, I've been becoming more interested in adventure maps. So, my partner and I are looking for as much information about Command Blocks, thus we can start our quest to create one of our best maps

With that being said, any and all help is much appreciated. :)
CO0BAH
Level 30 : Artisan Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/09/2018 3:03 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Engineer
ShelLuser
Other than what SUPERI0N said I also think that you may want to concentrate on actually doing stuff rather than studying dry theory. We all learn in our own way of course but what really works best for me is to have someone ask me: "Could we have this feature..." which then gives me a problem to solve. So basically you have a goal to achieve.

And once you have that then the wiki can help.

Also... At the risk of self-promoting (not my intention!) I also would like to point your attention to this guide I wrote some time ago:

https://www.planetminecraft.com/blog/getting-started-with-command-blocks-amp-functions-minecraft-programming/

It's just what it says: a getting started guide. I'm even preparing to address a few of the 1.13 changes there as well (either as an extension or maybe a new blog post).

Hope this can also help!
06/10/2018 2:58 pm
CO0BAH
Thanks for the reply, ShelLuser. The links did a great deal of help. A function is a great tool! I hope you have a wonderful day.
06/09/2018 2:10 pm
Level 29 : Expert Engineer
SUPERIONtheKnight
I highly recommend the Minecraft Wiki, more specifically the Command page. It provides you with everything you need to know. With that said, these pages will probably be updated soon for Minecraft 1.13(They already are somewhat).

1.13 will pretty much change everything about commands, and it is coming soon. So if you want to learn commands for 1.13(which I highly recommend), it's probably a good idea to use this page as it will show you all of the differences between 1.12.2 and 1.13.

I hope this helps!
~SUPERIONtheKnight
06/10/2018 2:57 pm
CO0BAH
Thanks for the fantastic help, SUPERION! I hope you have a fantastic day. :D
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome