Music based events

TobyTapper's Avatar TobyTapper7/8/18 7:17 pm
1 emeralds 144 1
7/9/2018 6:18 am
Stubbs1's Avatar Stubbs1
I don't know if this is possible, but i thought i'd ask any way.

I have a song in a resource pack, is there any way the run commands when the song is at certain points?

It's just a idea so its not like i really need it. But if you got an answer please post below!
TobyTapper
Level 6 : Apprentice Engineer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/09/2018 6:18 am
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Stubbs1
While you can't make Minecraft 'hear' the song, you can always set up a timer, and calculate When in the song that certain point you want something to happen is.

As you may know: One redstone repeater has a delay of 0.1 seconds. If you place it in the fourth slot, you'll have a 0,4 Seconds delay. So from that info you can calculate how many you're going to need by finding the point in the song where you want something to happen. I made an example for you below, but you don't have to read it if you understand it :D

Example on how to calculate:
Let's say the song is Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana, and we want some fireworks to go off when the first chorus hits. We know that the first time he gets to the chorus is at: 01:07 minutes in the song (According to Spotify)

Then we simply convert that info into seconds, which gives us: 67 seconds. Now we simply devide 67 with 0,4 and that gives us: 167 Redstone Repeaters set to 4 ticks (0,4 seconds delay) and the last one repeater set to around 1-3 ticks (0,1 to 0,3 seconds delay)

I hope this might help you :D
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome