NEED HELP: Redstone, Scoreboard, & command block stuff.

Masochist4Melons's Avatar Masochist4Melons4/28/13 8:42 pm
1 emeralds 2.7k 12
6/12/2013 7:45 am
MadOliveGaming's Avatar MadOliveGaming
I have 4 dispensers set up to give the clothes red or blue with these commands in order. all triggered with 1 pressure plate in the staging area.

/scoreboard teams add Blue
/scoreboard teams join Blue @p[r=10]
/scoreboard objectives add kills playerKillCount Team Kills
/scoreboard objectives setdisplay sidebar kills
/scoreboard teams option Blue color blue
/teleport @p[r=10] x y z

*your teleported to Blues half of the arena just above a command block attached with a fast clock*

/spawnpoint @p[r=5,team=blue] x y z

so now your in the arena and spawn point is set to keep you there.

Questions:
1. how do I get the scoreboard to show up before anyone kills anyone?
2. How do I get the score board to add the entire teams kills, instead of just each individual player
3. How do I set an objective so that the first team to reach 20 kills wins?
4. Is it possible to have tnt explode and kill the player but not any blocks?
Masochist4Melons
Level 43 : Master Pixel Painter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/12/2013 7:45 am
Level 31 : Artisan Engineer
MadOliveGaming
o and for question 4:
Use the /effect command to give them instantdamage 100 or tp them into the void!
Cuz tnt will always destroy block if not in water.
06/12/2013 7:44 am
Level 31 : Artisan Engineer
MadOliveGaming
Q2:

Make a testfor command that does /testfor @r[team=red/blue,score_playerkillcount=1]. Put a comparator at the end that activates another clock that is hooked up to a commandblock that adds 1 point to a score called "Red/blue teams kills"(or whatev you want it to be called). place a repeater that go's into another clock that go's into another commandblock which removes 1 playerkillcount score from a random player in that team with a score of min 1.

This you will need to do twice. 1 time for red one time for blue.

Hope this helped
06/04/2013 3:03 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Jericho867
It seems as if you have most of this figured out except number two i am pretty sure i can help you though as school is endin i am busy with finals if you email me at minionsofhaba@gmail.com make sure to mention jericho867 sent you as multipul people use that account i think i can walk you through my thoughts or if you have time on the weekend and can hop on my server i can help you that way also
05/09/2013 10:54 pm
Level 22 : Expert Unicorn
brawley12
I could explain this to you but why not look at minecraft wiki or find a video by sethbling good luck kind sir
05/09/2013 10:40 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Engineer
MustardSheep
I think SethBling did one Check his Youtube page.
05/08/2013 11:02 am
Level 23 : Expert Caveman
aroglu
Is there a tutorial about command block?????
04/29/2013 4:30 pm
Level 48 : Master Architect
SlaimCraft
1. For the scoreboard to show up someone needs to get a point in that scoreboard given that you've set it to display in the sidebar. You can do this and still keep everyone's score at 0 by having:

/scoreboard player set @p kills 1

followed by

/scoreboard players set @p kills 0

I guess you could have that in the spawncube loop but since you only need it to activate once it might be best to either put a feedback loop on it so it's always on after the first time or have it activate once the game actually starts.

2. That's not possible as of now.

3. Testing for team kills might prove to be a bit tricky. Only way I can think of would be to first add each team to 2 new scoreboard, one for each team that have the deathCount prefix. You would need to have a testfor command in a clock that checks for players with 1 death on red team, as soon as someone dies on red team that commandblock will output and you would have to hook that up to a small counter and a commandblock that sets that players deathcount back to 0. Meaning it would give a pulse each time someone dies and when 20 persons on red team have died the game is over, but that would include them dieing from other causes that just other players too.

4. If it's just killing the player you're after there's the /effect commands which can do that for you otherwise the TNT have to land in water to not destory the environment.

Hope some of that info helps you out
05/01/2013 12:39 pm
Masochist4Melons
Thanks for the help. But I never read this and ended up doing what you said in 3 basically. So High five for same idea. I set it up so every time someone from the opposing team dies your team gets a point. first to X amount of points wins.

But its not fully tested. I can't set up a server and no one will set it up for me. Download here: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?935994mopaj1n9p

So only in theory it will work... T_T sigh

Also I heard that the essentials plugin for smp can stop tnt from breaking blocks but still do damage to the player. Not sure how true that is but eh. if blocks are broken its not a problem.
04/28/2013 9:50 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Magical Girl
BIO
3. scorebaord command captain sparklez video does show a pretty good example
04/28/2013 8:59 pm
BIO
4. NO IDEA WHATSOEVER
04/28/2013 8:58 pm
BIO
1. Set the cammand block before players Are teleported to the start
2. You can't (probably) but if you have a comparator give out a redstone signal from that command you could build a redstone scoreboard in the arena area
3. You can do the same thing with a comparator so that when it reaches 20 it will send out a redstone signal and tp everyone back to the start
example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqpticzWXBc&list=SP51FB077B700C0148
04/28/2013 9:17 pm
Masochist4Melons
1. I did. It doesn't work like that. The score board doesn't show until you kill something or someone.
2. sucks but thanks. probably won't.
3. which command?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome