Using The /tellraw Command For 1.11

AlrightGG's Avatar AlrightGG12/15/16 3:11 pm
12/15/2016 4:03 pm
Heklo's Avatar Heklo
I am editing some of my previous maps for 1.11 and now the /tellraw command won't work. Can anyone show me how to do it in a command block for 1.11? I also need to know how to add color to the text and how to add a hover link. If you know how to do any of this, please comment a solution to my problem. Thanks in advance. <3
AlrightGG
Level 21 : Expert Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/15/2016 4:03 pm
Level 23 : Expert Engineer
Heklo
CommanderNeville is correct, except there would be quotes around "red" too. 1.9+ is no longer lenient, meaning everything needs quotes. Here is an example of a 1.11 hoverEvent:
Click to reveal
/tellraw @a {"text":"Hover Here","color":"aqua","hoverEvent":{"action":"show_text","value":"Message here"}}

Books would be like this:
Click to reveal
/give @p written_book 1 0 {author:"Author",title:"Title",pages:["{\"text\":\"Hover here\",\"color\":\"aqua\",\"hoverEvent\":{\"action\":\"show_text\",\"value\":\"Message here\"}}"]}

Signs do not have hoverEvents, so I will demonstrate a clickEvent:

Click to reveal
setblock ~ ~1 ~ standing_sign 0 replace {Text1:"[{\"text\":\"Click here\",\"color\":\"aqua\",\"clickEvent\":{\"action\":\"run_command\",\"value\":\"say Command here\"}}]"}
12/15/2016 3:43 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Paladin
CommanderNeville
For tellraw some things changed in either 1.8 or 1.9; For example, when before you could use
/tellraw @p {text:"Hello World!",color:red}
you now have to do
/tellraw @p {"text":"Hello World!","color":red}
Or something like that.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome