PE/PC differences?

Revolesto's Avatar Revolesto2/18/19 10:01 am
2 emeralds 326 7
3/16/2019 4:12 pm
Outflow's Avatar Outflow
When it comes to how redstone, commands and command blocks, are there any major differences between the PC and PE versions?
I would basically like to play around and experiment with redstone and commands on PE, take what I've done and learned and use it on PC when I am able to get back home, which may be several months apart due to my new job.

I don't care about any other differences when it comes to multiplayer or graphics, as all I care about is practicing my redstone and command block skills for the PC version while I'm away. Can PE do this for me or am I better off buying a cheap laptop for traveling and just play PC that way?
Revolesto
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/16/2019 4:12 pm
Level 24 : Expert Scribe
Outflow
If you're talking about Java Edition, the commands differ greatly from PE. I'm not sure if there's anything major that's different between both versions relating to redstone, but my guess is there's things I've overlooked.
03/15/2019 3:52 pm
YellowHawk
Well, you can't make pistons spit out blocks like you can in java, which is a huge thing.
02/22/2019 8:24 pm
anonpmc2579039
[deleted]
02/18/2019 3:08 pmhistory
Level 57 : Grandmaster Engineer
ShelLuser
Actually... the changes are more reflected on the user interface than the actual inner workings of the game. Crafting and such is definitely way different, but in other areas the game really isn't that much different from the Java edition where functionality is concerned.

You can see this yourself by checking up with the Windows 10 edition; that version uses the same engine. What used to be PE is now referred to as Bedrock or simply Minecraft.

This might be a good read: https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Pocket_Edition

Even so, I definitely agree that if you really want to dive into "Minecraft tweaking" (which would include scripting, things like datapacks and such) then you're better off with the Java edition.
02/18/2019 12:15 pm
Revolesto
Ok thanks. That answers all my questions.
02/18/2019 11:38 am
Level 41 : Master Magical Boy
The Weaker One
redstone is completely different, its like playing a whole other game.
02/18/2019 11:35 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Llama
Master_Bw3
assuming by pc you mean java edition, the redstone and commands are very different.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome