Permanent Blindness Removal?

Anabasis's Avatar Anabasis8/17/17 2:44 pm
2 emeralds 6.4k 7
8/17/2017 5:42 pm
Iriss's Avatar Iriss
Alright, so I made a really nice world- it's got floating staircases, houses, and players have particle trails and flying animals and it's very fairyland-esque and great.

So I decided yesterday night "Huh, you know what would make this even more mystic and great? Mist or fog!"
I did a bit of research and decided that using a command block with @a blindness 1 on it set to repeat unconditionally with no redstone required was the way to go.

And holy crap. It's dark, and I can't see more than 4 blocks ahead!

"Ah, no big deal." I say, "I'll just turn off the command block!" I say. I try turning off the block: I'm still blind.
"Ok, I'll just delete it." I try deleting the block: Still blind as a bat.

My sister then comes in and suggests that I just layer night vision over blindness, so I try it.
It doesn't work and in fact, makes my problem worse- Now my screen is completely black!

Long story short, I had to go into MCedit and delete the offending command block. I fixed every other player's blindness, but my player is still blind even with the command block gone! I've tried drinking milk, but other than that I know nothing.

I'm pretty unfamiliar with potions and such as I don't play Minecraft too often, but when I do, I make some fantastic city rather than PVP or go on survival mode.

Does anyone have tips on how to remove this blindness!? It's super annoying and impossible to work with.

Thanks-
Anabasis
Anabasis
Level 1 : New Crafter