Redstone Traps

Nvite_'s Avatar Nvite_ β€’ 7/25/18 8:43 am
7/28/2018 12:43 am
Wildcard_Gamer's Avatar Wildcard_Gamer

Hello, my name is Nvite_, I have come to the PMC Forums inquiring some help from the Redstone Community.
I am building a temple/base that houses many traps to secure it's treasures. I am needing help on how to exactly craft up the traps listed below. I am playing Game version 1.13 Aquatic Update and many mechanics have been added/changed/removed from the game.

1. Poison Arrow Repeater (Trap that shoots arrows more than once; triggered by trip wire)
  2. Falling Sand Trap (Trap that makes players fall great distance; triggered by either chest or button)
  3. Potion Traps (Trap that drops potions on a players head; triggered by pressure plates)
  4. Fire Trap

These are the 4 traps I wish to place into my build. If any of the following is not possible to build anymore or involves items I cannot acquire easily, please tell me in your comment.

Thank you vary much, have a great day and I hope you all can help me.

-Nvite

Nvite_
Level 3 : Apprentice Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/28/2018 12:42 am
Level 55 : Grandmaster Programmer
Wildcard_Gamer
For fire there's a neat trick involving dispensers eith fire charges and netherack, look up fire lighting. Those explain it better
07/25/2018 10:42 am
Level 30 : Artisan Toast
mouse36
Falling Sand Trap
Dig down however far you want. Put double plants (rose bushes, peonies, etc.) all over the floor and cover them with sand. Repeat that until you reach the top, the uppermost layer having a different block in a 9x9 pattern. Delete everything below the uppermost layer of sand, be careful not to block-update. Place a chest in the middle of the spot that you left a block. There! I hope that works.

Potion Trap
In your entrance, make the floor dispensers facing up. Load them all with potions of your choice. Put pressure plates over that. Simple!

I don't know what you mean by Fire Trap, and I don't know the poison arrow repeater, but those two are the ones I know, and I'm entirely sure the potion trap will work. Hope the sand one does to!

_mouse36
07/25/2018 5:32 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Explorer
Nvite_
Thank you, I attempted the double plant mechanic and the sand decided to fall when I took away the plants. I will attempt it again because I think I did block update.

As for the fire trap it's basically using the fire starters that you craft using the nether materials.
The poison repeater I was thinking of using the repeating gate with 4 repeaters and a quick place and break of a redstone torch but I wanted it to work as a switch, if a player triggers the redstone it does like a FAL burst or something of the sorts and stops.
07/28/2018 12:43 am
Level 55 : Grandmaster Programmer
Wildcard_Gamer
You break the grass under the plants, not the actual plant
07/26/2018 8:34 am
Level 30 : Artisan Toast
mouse36
For the poison repeater, you could use ο»ΏVennoο»Ώ two observers facing each other. Place them in front of each dispenser you want to fire the poison with. So you don't need repeaters, just a piston that pushes one line of observers away, you get the idea. Like maybe a double/triple piston extender.
07/25/2018 9:28 am
Level 38 : Artisan Miner
Only The Best
Hey, if you have discord pm me: π•Ίπ–“π–‘π–žπ•Ώπ–π–Šπ•­π–Šπ–˜π–™#9595
Ill show you how to make them and show you what you need; it's too much to say in a comment! :)
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome