Seeking A RedStone Expert/Educator

onelungx's Avatar onelungx2/17/18 7:39 pm history
2 emeralds 337 4
2/22/2018 4:01 am
onelungx's Avatar onelungx
I have just started to play with redstone about two months ago, so i am very new to it but have been extremely determined to learn all i can and improve and slim down my builds. I know most Basic Circuits and Clocks and what they do, just need tips on how to make them more compact and work with each other effectively with out being a giant sprawling mass of wiring and circuits for a basic contraption! im hoping someone might be intrested in do some builds with me and give pointers, or challenge me or help further my understanding in any way. to show some of what i learned ill pst with this a few photos, one of my redstone test world to give a glimpse of all the builds i have spent time on. and the other being my build im most proud of to date.... its a bit clunky, i know can be made way smaller by others, but i followed videos on this type of door that never worked and aftr 3 or 4 hours on this i came up with a totally custom made 3x3 falling sand piston door that works.... its slow but works! all comments welcome!
onelungx
Level 13 : Journeyman Taco

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/22/2018 4:01 am
onelungx
Wow to show how much of a noob i am and how one sided i look at things at times im gonna share what was my biggest accomplishment with redstone, i created a 3x3 falling sand piston door and lemme tell ya its not too small..... but i just had a crazy thought and tried to rebuild it 3 weeks later, and i tonight made a way faster working one... well in efforts to practice my video creating and to also show the builds well, i created a youtube video and have provided the link! check it out! youtu.be/NN8-7mk3oKk
02/18/2018 12:22 am
Level 57 : Grandmaster Engineer
ShelLuser
When starting don't bother with compact just yet, focus on making it work. Problem is that there really isn't a guidebook for compacting designs, because a lot depends on the kind of design you're working on. It often boils down to making logic circuits smaller, stuff like that.

You said you know basic circuits. Does that mean you know how to build them, or do you also realize how they actually work? There's a huge difference between those two.

Want counts the most for me is knowing your basics. Learn the ways of the red side of the stone and you'll achieve a power greater than any jedi... wait.. wrong movie :D

More seriously: strong powered vs. weak powered, knowing what delay a repeater gives in comparison to a comparator, why slabs are so useful, why wool is also useful...

At the risk of doing self promotion but I am busy preparing a redstone tutorial which should have the start somewhere upcoming week / weekend (no promise). It'll be a beginners guide and its going to work up from there,might be fun for you.
02/18/2018 1:49 am
onelungx
Hey thank you for your response! im new to the forums thing so bear with me lol... if youre willing id love to hop in discord with you and possibly show you all i have done with redstone and talk you through my basic knowledge... be a lot easier than typing it all out! lemme know if thats possible and all my server and discord info is posted on my profile if willing
02/18/2018 4:43 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Engineer
ShelLuser
I hardly mess around on Discord. While it might be easier on you it's my experience that depending on the sound equipment and environment it's often less easier on the viewer / listener. At best I sporadically use Discord for text chats, but that's it.

Also, when typing things out on a forum like Planet Minecraft you're also helping the community, there might be others interested in all this who could also learn a thing or two from it.

Either way, there should be plenty of good material to find. I also especially recommend the official Minecraft wiki because it's really well made and contains a ton of good information.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome