Am I allowed to..

DavidTheDude's Avatar DavidTheDude4/30/13 1:33 pm
1 emeralds 262 9
5/3/2013 2:09 am
SquircularKnights's Avatar SquircularKnights
Am I allowed to remix MY OWN texturepack into a new zelda themed pack or does that copyright zelda somehow? Just wondering. I am going to draw It by hand. But It will look zelda themed.
Don't want to make a texturepack unnecessarily.
DavidTheDude
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Sailor

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/01/2013 7:39 pm
Level 68 : High Grandmaster Nether Knight
Vrezh
As long as you change it enough that it's not simply a recolor or minor edit of your pack, and as long as you do not use textures created by another user (even with permission, and even as a placeholder).
05/01/2013 7:36 pm
Level 48 : Master Blockhead
Happs
In conclusion...

.You can indefinably make a texture pack that is themed. I know this because there are many themed texture packs, but if you wish to reassure yourself ask a moderator before posting it.
04/30/2013 2:02 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Pixel Painter
TheBigEnderGuy
Nothing bad will happen.
04/30/2013 1:49 pm
Level 42 : Master Pixel Painter
telamonianajax
photoshop, but that costs money.
04/30/2013 1:46 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Architect
myles_away
just wondering how do you draw something then put it in to a texture pack (hand drawn)
05/03/2013 2:09 am
Level 27 : Expert Toast
SquircularKnights
There are many ways. Paint.net software is probably your best bet. Scan your drawing, orient it properly and use the remove noise function.
Oh, and then scale it down to whatever resolution you want it.
04/30/2013 6:36 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Engineer
socksmusicalcat
You just have to edit the default texture files in any raster graphics editor, be it Photoshop, Gimp, Paint, Paint.NET, etc. There's some more specific formats and stuff, but there's the Minecraft Wiki for that.
04/30/2013 1:42 pm
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Sailor
DavidTheDude
I am not going to copy the textures. I am going to hand draw them but It will remind people of zelda. But thanks for the answer
04/30/2013 1:39 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Engineer
socksmusicalcat
I doubt you'll get in trouble. Majora's Craft practically copies textures from the N64 games, and it's still around. If you're remaking your own personal work, there should be no problems. I do video game-themed stuff all the time, and I've never come close to having any problems.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome