Connected textures?

Ennen's Avatar Ennen12/22/12 12:09 pm
1 emeralds 2.9k 4
12/22/2012 11:34 pm
Paril's Avatar Paril
So, basically I have an idea for an awesome texture pack.
I want to be able to create a texture pack that consists solely of ctm files just like the "ctm.png" (featured image from "Faithful" 32x32 Minecraft texture pack) image file for connected glass blocks, instead of having tiled, alternate textures making up the Minecraft terrain (I don't want to spoil why, yet, though D: ).

SO ANYWAY...
I want to know if it is possible to do create image files like this for all blocks, or just glass.

Well...is it?
-----------------------------------------------
Ennen

[b][i]EDIT:[/b] Whoo! 100th post [/i]
Ennen
Level 51 : Grandmaster Artist

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/22/2012 11:34 pm
Level 88 : Elite Scapegoat
Paril
If you have your answer, why are you bumping..?

Look at SMP's 2263 for inspiration. He makes clever use of the Huge Mushroom data values to create over 20 new blocks.

-P
12/22/2012 11:25 pm
Ennen
Bump...
12/22/2012 12:12 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Network
Johnoboy
Here is your answer

Click to reveal
Connected Textures
ConnectedTextures is compatible with the original CTM mod, so if a texture pack already follows the ctm.png standard, it should just work.

In addition, you can use connected textures with any block. The format is the same as above, but just the glass part. Here's a template with simple black outlines.

Both block-based and tile-based methods are supported. Name the file /ctm/block<block id>.png or /ctm/terrain<tile number>.png depending on which you want to use. Also remember that the image needs to be the same size as terrain.png (256x256 for 16x texture packs, etc.).

You can also specify multiple ctm blocks from the same image. Create a file called /ctm/block<block id>.properties or /ctm/terrain<tile number>.properties. In it, specify the name of the source image and the list of tiles to use. There must be exactly 48 tiles listed:
source=/ctm/myctm.png
tiles=64-75 80-91 96-107 112-123
See this sample texture pack for an example. It applies CTM to dark red, greed, blue, purple, and cyan wool using the same image.

You can also use the .properties file to specify random textures or repeat a larger pattern over several blocks.
12/22/2012 12:23 pm
Ennen
Wow, thankyou!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome