Connected Textures - Optifine HELP

Mers's Avatar Mers2/14/15 5:12 am
1 emeralds 10.3k 4
2/15/2015 8:06 am
Mers's Avatar Mers
hi guys,

for about 4 weeks now i am building my own medieval city on my rented server. I use the Conquest resource pack (without the 3d addon). I really love this one because of the nice images and the details, but i have found some irretating stuff and i cannot handle it so i would be thankful if someone could help.

By surrounding streets and houses with some customtrees i recognized an error message at the bottom of the leafblocks. it told me that i have to use mcpatcher or optifine to get connected textures. So i go to optifine - downloaded the latest version and installed it. I checked if the textures where connected and hey - it works. BUT...
the white clay walls i use instead of white wool on my houses were fitted with textures to implement damages and agings - and that is not what i wanted to have.. It looks like there was war and no one took care about repairing the walls. I changed the clay to wool but if i place i.e. 4 wool blocks the wool is surrounded by seams - not a nice wall instead. When i place a flowerpot to decorate my interior and try to place a tulip or another fitting plant there is no tulip. The tulip looks like a short vertical crossed rod made of the same texture the flowerpot is.

Is there a way to make sure that the oakleafes are connected but other things not?
Or is it all-or-nothing? I tried to change the graphics options for connected texture from off( no connected leafes) to fast and finally to fancy.. no acceptable solution

Best regards

Mers
Mers
Level 1 : New Miner