Creeper Texture Override Help

MyNamesCharlie's Avatar MyNamesCharlie1/22/18 2:05 pm
1 emeralds 237 9
1/23/2018 9:52 am
oakar258's Avatar oakar258
To start off, I've succeeded in recreating SethBling's Zelda Bomb by using the same type of commands, but there's one issue.

Due to updates, when you try to summon a creeper with a fuse of zero and invisibility, the creeper can't stay alive long enough for the invisibility to take effect. So what I plan to do is override the texture of the creeper so that the creeper is invisible when it has a specific name given to him. However, I'm not entirely sure how to do it.

SethBling's video for reference.

I'm semi familiar with json format, but only because I used this video as a reference point as well.

Please let me know if what I'm doing is a waste of time or not. Any help is seriously appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

-MNC
MyNamesCharlie
Level 9 : Apprentice Warrior

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/22/2018 5:18 pm
Level 69 : High Grandmaster Artist
oakar258
You can always use optifine C8 feature
sp614x/optifine/doc/random_entities.properties

There's tag 'name' that give you ability to apply skin based on entity name :)
01/22/2018 7:26 pm
MyNamesCharlie
This might do the trick. I'll keep you updated to see if it works. Thanks :)
01/22/2018 8:07 pm
MyNamesCharlie
I think I've hit a wall here. I'm not sure how the properties document works, or what tag will change the texture of the creeper. If you can help me in any way, I'll very much appreciate it.
01/23/2018 9:52 amhistory
Level 69 : High Grandmaster Artist
oakar258
additional texture must be in
<RP folder>\assets\minecraft\optifine\random\entity\creeper , and must be named creeper2.png
now you have to create .properties file named creeper.properties
code in document should look like this:

skins.1=2
name.1=something

where "something" determites entity name and you can change it to whatever you want :)
01/22/2018 2:18 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Engineer
BartTheBart
I don't think the changes made to resource packs in 1.9 apply to mobs. The way they do it with items is give items with different damage values different textures. There is a possability that you can change the texture of a creeper who is fused but im not sure about that.
01/22/2018 2:34 pm
MyNamesCharlie
That's true. I have tinkered with damage values before with overriding item textures. Im still kind of hopeful that the same thing can be done with entities. For the time being, the creeper in my Zelda bomb project is surrounded by particles so that you can't really see it, but if a creeper is spawned normally, the particle effects still surround it even though it isnt about to explode, which causes the game to lag really badly.
01/22/2018 5:37 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Engineer
BartTheBart
then i reccomend just giving the particles to the zelda bomb creepers by giving those creepers eighter a name, score or tag to specify them with. for instance
/execute @e[type=Creeper,name=Bomb] ~ ~ ~ particle cloud ~ ~ ~ 0 0 0 0 1or
/execute @e[type=Creeper,score_Bomb_min=1] ~ ~ ~ particle cloud ~ ~ ~ 0 0 0 0 1
01/22/2018 7:38 pm
MyNamesCharlie
Just finished implementing the new command, and it works. I guess if the texture override doesn't work, then this will be a very nice backup for that. Thanks for your help! :)
01/22/2018 7:28 pm
MyNamesCharlie
I'll definitely give this a try. I'll keep you updated on my progress. Thanks!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome