home Forumsplay_arrow Minecraft fiber_manual_record ResourcePacks

EDIT: Need help with Block Shading?

submitted 04/16/2018 2:11 pm by pokedude809
1 emerald7 replies91 views
Hello there,

I am working on a custom resource pack for my minecraft projects and require some assistance.

I'm wondering if anyone knows if there is a up-to-date resource pack creator/tool besides paint/GIMP etc that would make it easy and simple to create and modify textures. I would also like to be able to add connected and animated textures to the pack as well as new sounds and GUIs.

If anybody has any advice for me I would be extremely grateful. :)

EDIT: Ive started to create my new textures but I dont know the best way to make them look 3d with shading. Like is there a tool in paint.net that I can use to achieve this?

You can see here:
https://i.imgur.com/9cdSIdt.png

On the left is what I would like to recreate, and on the right is the progress ive made so far xD Not the best attempt I know.
Posted by avatar
pokedude809
Level 38 : Artisan Explorer

7 replies

04/16/2018 6:32 pm
Level 7 Apprentice Dolphin
agentdid127
If you go to your .minecraft folder and click on versions, you will be able to make copy of the jar file for your current version. Unzip that document and look at the assets folder. That has every asset that you are able to change for a resource pack. I feel that that is my most useful reference. For instance, if you need a animated texture, you need the .mcmeta file for it. Use the one already designed, but repurpouse the code for what you need.
04/16/2018 6:42 pm
Level 38 Artisan Explorer
pokedude809
Thanks, I think I know how animated and connected texture work now. They just take a lot of work lol. What I'm struggling with now is adding shading to the block xS Im kinda just getting into resource pack making, but once I learn how to do these certain things it will get easier.
04/16/2018 2:51 pm
Level 52 Grandmaster Artist
oakar567
For resourcepacks I'm personaly using paint.net graphic editing program that is perfect for quick and simple texture editing, it also supports transparency : )
04/16/2018 3:05 pm
Level 38 Artisan Explorer
pokedude809
Okay thanks, it seems I may have confused paint.net with the default paint that comes with windows my bad. xS

Do you have any advice on adding connected/animated textures? :o
04/16/2018 3:09 pm
Level 52 Grandmaster Artist
oakar567
Well, animated textures mostly i draw manually, for connected textures - optifine in his jar or somethere else after installation have template textures for it : )

Search

Browse

Site

© 2010 - 2018
planetminecraft.com

Welcome