Feedback on this texture pack?

ASF's Avatar ASF3/21/14 10:05 pm
1 emeralds 5.1k 38
4/8/2014 12:57 am
ASF's Avatar ASF
Hey guys!

I wanted to know what you guys thought about my texture pack, Arcility! http://www.planetminecraft.com/texture_ ... ility-64x/
I haven't gotten too much in depth feedback, so I don't know if there's anything that needs changing/improving.

If you have any suggestions for the texture pack, please let me know! Big suggestions and little suggestions are welcome!

EDIT: I'm saddened that this topic has gotten over 3,000 views, and only about 20 of those viewers have even replied to the topic. Please, if you view this topic, leave some feedback!
ASF
Level 71 : Legendary Pixel Painter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/07/2014 9:21 pm
Level 45 : Master Theorist
Averli
I really like it! I like smooth textures and medieval texture packs.
04/07/2014 8:22 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Ranger
GhillieStorm
OMG! This is amazing! Just subscribed to you! In my opinion, don't change much of the textures! They look great!
04/07/2014 8:14 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Network
irritatedCat
This looks really good! The only thing I would improve on is not making the resource pack too realistic!
04/07/2014 8:04 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Emccall
I think it looks great, likes others, my one complaint would be the leaves. Can't wait to see the armors and other unfinished things! Love the wood and sand! Good job
04/08/2014 12:57 am
ASF
Thank you so much! Yeah, the leaves are getting changed right away, before I work on the icy nether. If there's anything else you think should be changed, just let me know

errorknThis looks really good! The only thing I would improve on is not making the resource pack too realistic!

Thanks! I was starting to think of adding some cartoony (not too cartoony) things into it, like, the things that wouldn't be in real life (blaze rods, ghasts, etc.) would be really like, out of this world, you know what I mean?

GhillieStormOMG! This is amazing! Just subscribed to you! In my opinion, don't change much of the textures! They look great!

Thanks for subbing, it truly means a LOT to me! I'll try and keep the textures relatively the same xD

SwiftN3SI really like it! I like smooth textures and medieval texture packs.

haha thanks! I really want to hit that "Medieval and Faithful" feel that I think some texture packs are lacking. Mine might not be as good as the big name texture packs, but I think it's better in it's own unique ways

Again, thank you guys so much for the feedback, I really do appreciate it!!
04/06/2014 11:43 am
Level 27 : Expert Taco
experttacobear
I''ll bump this again for you. :p
But really you should focus on doing all the things you haven't done yet and then go back and make them better.
04/06/2014 11:06 am
ASF
It kind of sucks that this thread has about 4000 views, yet there have only been a VERY FEW people giving me feedback. If you see this thread, please leave some feedback, because I need to know what needs to stay and what needs to go.

Also, bump.
04/05/2014 10:29 am
ASF
Dang, another bump.

If you have suggestions, as always, please let me know! You can love the texture pack, or you can completely hate it!

If you do view this, PLEASE comment something!
04/02/2014 5:16 pm
ASF
*static* "Hostile BUMP inbound"

*whistle*

*BOOM*
04/01/2014 8:35 pm
ASF
Super Ultra Mega Spaztastic BUMP!
03/31/2014 8:28 pm
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Cyborg
Knightsundere
I think I've told you this in chat before, but make the stone a bit more prominent, add some lines n stuff to change the texture from flat gray. As mentioned, the diamonds could be more shiny. The pack itself is pretty good, complete, which is a rarity nowadays.
03/31/2014 9:48 pm
ASF
Thanks! Yeah, I think you told me in the chat about the stone already. I'm working on that, and then the ores.
03/31/2014 8:23 pm
ASF
Cowabumpa.
Any more feedback? All of it is appreciated
03/30/2014 12:41 pm
ASF
Bump.
I'm going to start work on an icy nether. I think it'll look awesome!
03/29/2014 6:13 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Crafter
PixelBeam
Magicman88999

Thank you! Regarding the ores, i'll probably have to lower the frequency of them, but I'll still keep 'em spiky

Exited to see the result
03/29/2014 1:58 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Gent
fase
I love the spiky ore, the crops, and the kewl wood!
03/29/2014 1:50 pm
Level 24 : Expert Nerd
Fluffyponyy
Very beautiful and scenic! Love the wood! Amazing!
6 out of 5 stars
03/29/2014 1:47 pm
Level 27 : Expert Taco
experttacobear
Maybe if you could make a 32x32 texture pack of Arcility. My poor pc can't handle those big graphics very well lol.
03/29/2014 3:25 pm
ASF
Maybe I can do different resolutions once I finish the texture pack!

CreepersLikeToGoBoomVery beautiful and scenic! Love the wood! Amazing!
6 out of 5 stars

Thanks! Glad that you like it

Phase_I love the spiky ore, the crops, and the kewl wood!

Thank you! Regarding the ores, i'll probably have to lower the frequency of them, but I'll still keep 'em spiky
03/29/2014 1:06 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Skinner
cyanturtl
wow it looks great.
03/29/2014 12:55 pm
PixelBeam
Pretty cool!

It is clean and high resolution and still has a vanilla Minecraft feel to it. Works awesome with shaders or without shaders, with modern builds or with medieval builds.

My only complaints have already been expressed: the leaves and the ores.

Anyway, good job!
03/29/2014 12:59 pm
ASF
Thanks! I know that the leaves aren't too great, and what should I do to improve the ores?
03/29/2014 1:14 pm
PixelBeam
Just making them feel less spiky, less abundant and shinier, maybe? I don't know, maybe it's just me
03/29/2014 1:46 pm
ASF
Good suggestions. Now that I think about it, it's kind of weird showing a lot of ore in a block when you're only going to get one (unless you have fortune, of course ).
I'll work on that when I get a change, thanks again for the suggestions!
03/29/2014 12:48 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Network
Redified
Its really good, I can't really think of anything you would need to improve.
Nice job, diamond, favorite and subbed.
03/29/2014 12:42 am
Level 33 : Artisan Nerd
LegoSpidermanFan
it looks pretty cool
03/29/2014 12:38 pm
ASF
Thanks!
Do you have any suggestions on things that could possibly be improved?
03/29/2014 12:41 am
ASF
Meh, bump. I don't now if anyone else has some feedback, if you do, then great.
03/25/2014 9:26 am
Level 45 : Master Sheep
ToadDan
It looks great, except for the leaves with the sorta...stripe of no leaves. The leaves don't look very clean and natural because of this, and I'm sure that was what you were going for.
03/25/2014 4:48 pm
ASF
Thanks. yeah, I was trying to go for something a little bit more natural, but it turned out to be a stripe of leaves like you said, with just a bare patch. I'm working on getting this fixed.

Thanks again for the feedback!
03/25/2014 9:12 am
ASF
Bump.

Why have so many people viewed this, but so little have actually given feedback?
Please, if you see this thread, give me a little bit of feedback.
03/24/2014 8:59 am
ASF
Bump again.

Please, let me know what you think about the texture pack. Good and bad is welcome! You can love it to death, or absolutely hate it, just let me know!
03/23/2014 12:28 pm
ASF
Bump.

Does anyone else have some feedback, good or bad?
03/22/2014 7:07 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Artist
KazakenHD
I used the wood in my private pack is that ok?
03/22/2014 11:24 am
ASF
I'd rather you didn't, since in my texture pack it specifically says "You may not use any part of my texture pack for your own/other texture packs, whether it be for private or public use. ".
03/22/2014 5:23 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Farmer
56RVG6H
The texture pack just from the pictures it seems pretty cool.
03/21/2014 10:28 pm
Level 27 : Expert Dragon
argentum alae
I honestly can't think of much that needs improving. A couple things come down to personal taste for me, but I don't like the way that the mineral blocks don't have a shine. I feel like the iron and gold blocks should have a shine to them, and that the lapis block needs a unique texture from diamond as it's texture is the only good thing about lapis. The diamond could also use a more crystalline texture. Chiselled sandstone is not different enough from smooth sandstone. I'm being intentionally harsh because I really can't find much wrong with it and you wanted in depth. You have great technique and I don't think you could do a bad texture. I love the way the gravel is like a nicer version of the pre 1.3 texture, I love the better looking bedrock. My favorite textures are brick, stone brick, and sandstone, they are very well done. If this isn't the kind of feedback you wanted, I apologize, I'm not an expert texturer and I could probably take advice from you, but I do have experience looking at texturepacks. As for suggestions, I think you know more about texturing than me, but tall grass should probably have some priority as plains biomes look strange right now. I love your texturepack and it's one of the texturepacks I usually have it in my resourcepacks folder as one of my frequent texturepacks to use. Sorry for the block of text, but you did want in-depth. Thanks for making and sharing this awesome pack.
03/22/2014 12:47 am
ASF
I like how you went in depth with your concerns and compliments for my pack. I do agree that things like the ore blocks, sandstone, and tall grass definitely need improving. Thank you for the good criticism, and thank you for liking me and my pack; it really means a lot to me!

EDIT: If anyone else has more feedback, feel free to comment!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome