How to remove italics on renamed items, no resource pack required

Thunder_Clap_0's Avatar Thunder_Clap_01/27/18 4:31 pm
1 emeralds 18.4k 2
1/28/2018 12:21 am
Thunder_Clap_0's Avatar Thunder_Clap_0
1/27/2018

Use a command to create items which aren't italicized, or have alternate translated names instead.
This doesn't require resource packs, mods, or even special knowledge of commands. Works as of Minecraft 1.12.2

Instead of using the display:{Name:"<custom name>"} tag in the item nbt, use display:{LocName:"<custom name>"} to localize the name. this allows you to assign custom text as the name, without putting it in italics:
/give @s minecraft:chicken 1 0 {display:{LocName:"ChIkeN"}}

You can also use this to change the translation identifier, for example:
/give @s minecraft:chicken 1 0 {display:{LocName:"deathScreen.title"}}

Callout:
If anyone knows how to apply custom colors or formats to the item text in this way (besides using resource packs), PLEASE share, as this is valuable knowledge and we'd be grateful for it.

However, for anyone needing a way to customize, color, and format item names, block names, etc. in Vanilla Minecraft with a custom resource pack (Java & Bedrock editions only), you'll need two things:

1. Formatting Codes: https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Formatting_codes
2. A custom Lang file: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6XGgdDnIiA
(to edit minecraft's default U.S. english language to
automatically change the item name, instead use "en_us.lang" as the file name)
IMPORTANT: unlike in the video, all filenames must be lowercase (as of 1.11)
Thunder_Clap_0
Level 1 : New Crafter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/27/2018 10:57 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Engineer
ShelLuser
I'm missing out on a quote function but I guess this will have to do:

"If anyone knows how to apply custom colors or formats to the item text in this way (besides using resource packs), PLEASE share, as this is valuable knowledge and we'd be grateful for it."

Use functions. Those will allow you to apply color codes. However, you need to make sure that you're either saving the file in UTF8 without BOM format or, if your editor doesn't support this, then you'll need to 'escape' the normal § (alt-21) character with this: Â (alt-0194). With 'escaping' I mean placing that other character in front of it.

My server has fully moved to functions for generating custom items. Have one on me:

give @s minecraft:spawn_egg 1 0 {EntityTag:{id:"minecraft:donkey",Tame:1,Temper:1,ChestedHorse:1,SaddleItem:{id:"minecraft:saddle",Count:1,tag:{display:{Name:"§e§l§oDoubleSaddle",Lore:["§3Doney special","§6§lSpecial Server Stuff","§b§l§oUnbreakable"]},ench:[{id:71,lvl:1}],Unbreakable:1,HideFlags:4}},Items:[{id:"minecraft:skull",Damage:3,Count:1b,Slot:9b,tag:{SkullOwner:{Name:LBoss9001,Id:"b7670ff5-5f4e-4f89-a86d-aaf19ce8a683"},display:{Name:"§e§lLBoss9001's head",Lore:"§5§lStaff head","§6§lSpecial Server Stuff","§4§oCursed!"]},ench:[{id:10,lvl:1}],HideFlags:1}}]},display:{Name:"§3Doney the Donkey",Lore:["§e§oLBoss9001 pet","§6§lSpecial Server Stuff"]},ench:[{id:34,lvl:5}],HideFlags:1}
01/28/2018 12:21 am
Level 1 : New Crafter
Thunder_Clap_0
Cool, I didn't think of that. I like the pet donkey

Now I can freely color text, thanks!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome