LOOK OUT FOR FAKE RESOURCE PACKS!

Borrops's Avatar Borrops4/25/14 11:56 am
4/25/2014 10:15 pm
Jack's Avatar Jack
I recently got a permanent ban because of this!
I downloaded a fake resource pack of which I didn't know it was fake, and a virus uploaded a resource pack containing a virus via my account.

RESEARCH BEFORE YOU DOWNLOAD SUSPICIOUS RESOURCE PACKS!
Borrops
Level 13 : Journeyman Narwhal

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/25/2014 10:15 pm
Level 49 : Master uwu
Jack
yeah locking this now, you make threats, you get punishment.
04/25/2014 2:59 pm
Level 25 : Expert Cowboy
Aethroz
Tanasmmo
Aethroz
Tanasmmo
Its just hard to believe, I mean yeah I've seen Paril going 'round on the forums, but not much otherwise. Now Cyprezz? I'm unsure. [Not on the deleting part, the screenshot part] I have yet to see something Cyprezz has talked on..

Cyp doesn't mingle with us mere mortals. Especially on something like this. He already dealt with it. If he says Borrops uploaded a virus, then Borrops uploaded a virus. If Midnight says it was Cyp's screenshot, then it was. I have yet to see a mod lie on PMC and I don't think they are going to start. Especially not about a virus. It's done.

Wasn't saying anyone was lying, just saying that its a bit hard to believe.

Sorry if my anger seemed directed at you. I did not mean it in that sense, at all.
04/25/2014 2:54 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Farmer
Mishkia
Aethroz
Tanasmmo
Its just hard to believe, I mean yeah I've seen Paril going 'round on the forums, but not much otherwise. Now Cyprezz? I'm unsure. [Not on the deleting part, the screenshot part] I have yet to see something Cyprezz has talked on..

Cyp doesn't mingle with us mere mortals. Especially on something like this. He already dealt with it. If he says Borrops uploaded a virus, then Borrops uploaded a virus. If Midnight says it was Cyp's screenshot, then it was. I have yet to see a mod lie on PMC and I don't think they are going to start. Especially not about a virus. It's done.

Wasn't saying anyone was lying, just saying that its a bit hard to believe.
04/25/2014 2:50 pm
Mishkia
I don't think that'll work, sir. And last I checked threats don't do anything.
04/25/2014 2:15 pm
Borrops
-Snip-
04/25/2014 2:10 pm
Aethroz
119patmanl it started posting random threads on my minecraftfourm account

Not uploading resource packs.
Mercer444
It opened your chrome/ie/firefox/whatever
It went to planetminecraft
It moved to the "Submission" part.
It added a description, a download, a title, a picture and all.
ON PLANETMINECRAFT.

I've already mentioned the difficulty a developer would have in forcing his way through an upload. Plus, he would know its gonna be gone soon. Not worth his time.
04/25/2014 2:08 pm
Aethroz
Tanasmmo

04/25/2014 2:06 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Network
119patman
I have also been infected by the same thing but on a server website. [Storyline] I joined this cool server and was doing pretty well untill my base got raided *sigh* I asked the owner is he could do a backup but he said only if i downloaded the server program/app as a noob i was i downloaded it and opened the ClickMe.exe thing and it diddnt do anything untill it started posting random threads on my minecraftfourm account like fake texturepacks with the ClickMe.exe in the .zip file same with mods. So I dont know how to accessed my googlechrome to view my passwords and login to my minecraftfourm account but :/ Also it created this "Mod" Called No-Lag mod 1.4.7 (thats when it happend) it surprisingly got over 50 downloads i feel very sad for them poor people :l
04/25/2014 2:03 pm
Borrops
TanasmmoIts just hard to believe, I mean yeah I've seen Paril going 'round on the forums, but not much otherwise. Now Cyprezz? I'm unsure. [Not on the deleting part, the screenshot part] I have yet to see something Cypress has talked on..There's probably a Forum post out there somewhere, and I just haven't seen it yet..but still. [Edit was a spelling error]

Cyprezz didn't tell me anything. Midnight sent me his screenshot.
04/25/2014 2:01 pm
Mishkia
Borrops
TanasmmoOkay, but I somewhat don't believe it but okay.

You're not the only one.

Its just hard to believe, I mean yeah I've seen Paril going 'round on the forums, but not much otherwise. Now Cyprezz? I'm unsure. [Not on the deleting part, the screenshot part] I have yet to see something Cypress has talked on..There's probably a Forum post out there somewhere, and I just haven't seen it yet..but still. [Edit was a spelling error]
04/25/2014 1:55 pm
Borrops
TanasmmoOkay, but I somewhat don't believe it but okay.

You're not the only one.
04/25/2014 1:54 pm
Mishkia
Borrops
TanasmmoOne question to anyone, how does this make sense at all? Cause it doesn't much...If it is viewable by moderators only, then how did he even take the screenshot...?

I didn't take the screenshot. Cyprezz did.

Okay, but I somewhat don't believe it but okay.
04/25/2014 1:54 pm
Borrops
TanasmmoOne question to anyone, how does this make sense at all? Cause it doesn't much...If it is viewable by moderators only, then how did he even take the screenshot...?

I didn't take the screenshot. Cyprezz did.
04/25/2014 1:53 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Miner
GenCedric
What still doesn't make sense to me is why you think that someone would upload a virus that just "makes other people upload it". If I was someone distributing viruses, I'd just steal your banking information or something.

If so, it would be a bot network or something
04/25/2014 1:51 pm
Mishkia
Borrops
MGB_Also, where is this "deleted tab." I can't seem to find it anywhere.

I think it's viewable by moderators only.

One question to anyone, how does this make sense at all? Cause it doesn't much...If it is viewable by moderators only, then how did he even take the screenshot...?
04/25/2014 1:47 pm
GenCedric
!votekick Borrops
!votemute Borrops

What, who started that vote?? *quick everybody press F1*

Gotta love that tf2, MEDICCCCCCCCC!
(Or is that g-mod? Same thing )
04/25/2014 1:46 pm
GenCedric
B: You uploaded somebody else's virus.(Plagiarism)

Ikr, its not fair to the creator of the virus when you steal what he/she worked on, stealing viruses is bad xD
04/25/2014 1:44 pm
Borrops
AethrozA: You uploaded a virus.
C: I think it's very polite of the Mods to even let you in the Forums at all.

A: I didn't intend to do that.
B: I didn't intend to do that.
C: That's not a reason.
04/25/2014 1:43 pm
Aethroz
!votekick Borrops
!votemute Borrops

What, who started that vote?? *quick everybody press F1*

Borrops. This has been dealt with. Mods have said aren't going to change their minds. Jesus himself is the one that banned you. Nothing will come from arguing this. Goodbye.
04/25/2014 1:16 pm
Level 22 : Expert Crafter
Killertoad
Aethroz

...xD that's two illegal activities in one
04/25/2014 1:08 pm
Aethroz
A: You uploaded a virus.
C: I think it's very polite of the Mods to even let you in the Forums at all.
AzieYou don't get unbanned after doing that, period.

04/25/2014 12:56 pm
Borrops
MGB_Also, where is this "deleted tab." I can't seem to find it anywhere.

I think it's viewable by moderators only.
04/25/2014 12:48 pm
Level 44 : Master Gent
Sir_Awesomness
As a resource pack creator I can tell you that they should definitely NOT contain exe's. If you are unsure about an executable file, don't execute it, scan it with an antivirus program then delete it with ccleaner if the antivirus can't.

Perhaps you can appeal the ban as it was an honest mistake, email the admins directly.

Lastly, be careful on the internet, use common sense.
04/25/2014 12:59 pm
Borrops
I've already sent PMs to a bunch of moderators, but I think they'll let me wait 10 years.
04/25/2014 1:03 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
You uploaded a virus. You don't get unbanned after doing that, period. Not to mention that you admitted to intentionally uploading something that wasn't yours as well.
04/25/2014 1:39 pm
Borrops
I didn't intentionally upload anything. And what did I admit?!
04/25/2014 1:47 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
I just re-read your OP and realized my mistake about uploading something you didn't create.

What still doesn't make sense to me is why you think that someone would upload a virus that just "makes other people upload it". If I was someone distributing viruses, I'd just steal your banking information or something.

Also, if your computer is infected with something that would do this, which I doubt, why would we unban you and risk the distribution of more malicious content?
04/25/2014 12:43 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Artist
PKMNlegendJAMES
Yup, because clearly something that has the word 'Injector' into something as simple as a resource pack isn't going to send a virus through to your computer
04/25/2014 12:22 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Architect
KingPsychopath
Mac's get viruses...
04/25/2014 12:21 pm
Aethroz
I have dealt with viruses.
I have dealt with lots of viruses.
I have dealt with 100's of viruses.
I have never ever ever seen a virus that logs in and posts something, using such an extensive process as PMC's uploading process (no offense Cyp/Paril, but it isn't "easy"). Its not a text box you just add text into.... Seems a bit much for somebody to go through all that trouble just to mess with PMC, especially when they know how quickly PMC deals with it.
04/25/2014 12:26 pm
Borrops
I also have no clue how someone could access my PMC account and upload something like that, but I still hope you believe me! First look at this: http://i.imgur.com/UcxzCXc.png
And then look at the stuff I posted.
It's not even the same style! And why would I use a Steve skin to take screenshots of it?
04/25/2014 12:21 pm
Borrops
Here's the file that caused it all. (Don't panic! It's just a screenshot!)
http://i.imgur.com/LRwJ7Du.png
04/25/2014 12:15 pm
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Terraformer
Reer123
All you have to do is drag and drop and you're to lazy to do that.... *facepalm*
04/25/2014 12:09 pm
Jack
If you have been protected from the exe (which btw, never open anymore) then it wont have activated the virus and thus you would have had to put the pack on pmc yourself.
04/25/2014 12:12 pm
Borrops
Well, I thought: "Derp. Windows always does this, screw them.", and I downloaded anyway. Also I'm too lazy to simply install resource packs manually.
04/25/2014 12:09 pm
GenCedric
An installer for a recource pack? watttt?
04/25/2014 12:08 pm
Borrops
Also, when I try to open the .exe file from the fake pack I downloaded, Windows protects my computer from it. I just thought it was an installer...
04/25/2014 12:07 pm
GenCedric
(just get a mac so you dont get a virus)

I'm so careless when im downloading, i recently did a virus scan on my mac and found out i had a bunch of trojans and malaware
04/25/2014 12:23 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Warrior
Aniiko
Lol same here I found 300 "suspicious items" on my computer after doing a scan
04/25/2014 12:07 pm
Jack
Resource packs have more than 1 file and they do not have .exes
04/25/2014 12:06 pm
Borrops
The resource pack that was posted by the virus on my account: http://i.imgur.com/UcxzCXc.png
04/25/2014 1:35 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Birb
Karrfis
look at cyprezz's buttons of ultimate control
04/25/2014 12:45 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Cake
CalPal_
10 years? Dayum.

Also, where is this "deleted tab." I can't seem to find it anywhere.
04/25/2014 12:06 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Architect
Anon666
He got banned for posting a recourse pack with a virus in it, but he's saying that he download a fake recourse pack which had a virus in it, which put that recourse pack up on his PMC account for download, or at least thats what I think he said
04/25/2014 12:05 pm
GenCedric
Well, mabye he didnt know, but idk
GenCedric
Lol this is the guy who's complaining because he added a virus to a texture pack and uploaded it

That means he downloaded it and he now has a virus? nahhh

Recource packs have .exe's?

Oh, i dont know about recource packs, i only use the default
Level 51 : Grandmaster Pixel Painter
TheMightyWaffle
i downloaded a similar resource pack. it didnt give me a virus (as far as i know) but it crashed my computer and deleted a bunch of my stuff. ill probably find a link to the pack asap.
04/25/2014 12:04 pm
Jack
No Theblockwar, he did not get banned for downloading a file that had a virus, that would be stupid
04/25/2014 12:00 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Explorer
CuteBlock
Wait you got perma banned because you downloaded a file that you didn't know had a virus?
04/25/2014 11:59 am
Jack
And where exactly did you download this file?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome