Making a recourse pack any suggestions?

xXka3lXx's Avatar xXka3lXx7/5/17 7:10 pm
1 emeralds 425 4
8/7/2017 1:46 pm
Kick_Bass's Avatar Kick_Bass
hi everyone i'm making a new recourse pack and i'm just wondering if anyone has any ideas for blocks or splash screens. the only thing that i have changed is the anvil_base.png anvil_top_damaged_0.png anvil_top_damaged_1.png anvil_top_damaged_2.png (anvil) thank you for your answers!
xXka3lXx
Level 15 : Journeyman Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/07/2017 1:46 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Crafter
Kick_Bass
Hey!!
I seriously wish there was a resource pack that would use blocks like diorite and granite (that people rarely use) in a way that they would indicate when interacting with redstone (Signal strength would change the block color it is on, and other stuff like that). I have no idea if it is possible or practical, but you asked for suggestions so I gave it anyway
Cheers! And good luck with your resource pack.
08/07/2017 1:09 pm
Level 41 : Master Fish
kattopatto
Look to things you enjoy for inspiration. I< for example, have always enjoyed cartoons, animation, comics, ect. and that really reflects in my texture work. Watch movies you enjoy, read your favorite book over again, find colors and ideas in places you'd never look otherwise and you'll get a really unique, fresh pack.

Before you texture anything, it's a great idea to assemble an overall palette for the pack. This will not only let you see how all the colors you'll be using fit together before you put hours and hours of work into molding them into the textures you want, but it further reinforces whatever themes or moods you want in place for the pack. I usually work with 16/24/32 color palettes, depending on the complexity of the pack.

Make sure to have fun with it! That was always my biggest obstacle with art in general. I wasn't enjoying projects. My first attempt at a publicly available resource pack, "Bitlets", became extremely tedious and frustrating for me, since I wasn't yet capable of dealing with the limitations I set myself. I kept grinding away at the project for a time, instead of just realizing that it wasn't meant to be and just moving on to a more enjoyable pack. This doesn't mean to quit at the first sign of struggle, it's very important to see through that, but if you're spending the great majority of your work time on the pack unhappy, I'd say it's time to move on to something new.

Hope this helps!
07/14/2017 7:02 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
IronicOysters00001
I say get inspired by the new LoTR game, Shadow of War for some blocks like maybe sandstone.
07/19/2017 9:36 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Miner
xXka3lXx
thanks for answering it helps alot but could you put a link to it please. thanks!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome