Need help with 3d model for sticky piston

BRASHEXODUS's Avatar BRASHEXODUS2/26/16 2:46 am
1 emeralds 588 5
2/26/2016 9:17 pm
BRASHEXODUS's Avatar BRASHEXODUS
Hello I got bdcraft cubik pro and need help making a 3d model for the sticky piston. where you lay it down on its side and it expands out into a wheel without the bottom half showing.i would like to know how to make this work with the sticky piston. make a wagon wheel like how the westeroscraft wheel looks. is it possible? need help as soon as possible. thanks for viewing
BRASHEXODUS
Level 46 : Master Baconator

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/26/2016 9:17 pm
BRASHEXODUS
alright sweet. I'll take this into consideration. thanks for your help man learning lots today
02/26/2016 4:16 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
AGearBeast
As you see it has an custom model now that i changed the blockstate and exported an json
http://i.imgur.com/VcVoE3t.png

Example Download https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/158306665/Temp/Example.zip
02/26/2016 4:05 pm
AGearBeast
The program is very easy, there is just a learning curve as there is to learning a new skill. The model can be as big as the grid shows, you can use the middle mouse button to move the camera to see more of the grid.

when you look at the piston_head.json from the blockstates folder you can see there is facing which is what direction, the type is it plain or sticky. "model": "example" is the name of the json file you exported to models/block/ and the x,y are rotations so you can rotate the model without having to make a new model facing a different direction.
02/26/2016 1:57 pm
BRASHEXODUS
I'm a bit lost on what you mean from 1-3. im trying to import the regular sticky piston 3d block or file and it wont come up it says it needs to be a mesh? also how would i know how big it would be? this program is very complicated and it said it was easy.
02/26/2016 3:05 am
AGearBeast
0. i would suggest going to .minecraft/versions/1.8/1.8.zip and extract it to an folder and put it somewhere else or leave it there.

1. Then go to assets/minecraft/blockstates/piston_head.json and there you can change models for the different directions of the piston head.

2. Then you can save the blockstate file for the json into your resourcepack by making a new blockstate folder for it if you haven't already.

3. create the wheel model that your happy with and export it to minecraft/models/block/ and save it as whatever you would like to name it. ( it really doesnt matter if you change the blockstate file to the appropriate name) then change the blockstate file.

Hope you understand what im saying
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome