Noob Question, Please help!

phorkz's Avatar phorkz12/23/12 2:08 am
12/24/2012 1:55 pm
Doggle's Avatar Doggle
Hi, just wondering, if i am using a custom texture pack(R3D Craft 512x512) does adjusting the "video settings" inside minecraft change anything, ie, i;m talking about the ones such as "grass: fast or fancy" etc etc.
I understand that there is definently options in there that will change the image quality, but im not sure on the fast/fancy types of ones, i cant seem to notice a difference with them on fast or fancy, though does seem to run better on fast?

Thank you for your time
phorkz
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/24/2012 1:55 pm
Level 47 : Master Lad
Doggle
DaizyCat
phorkz
DoggleThey change very minimally.

So in with a 512x512 pack, do people generally use fancy, or fast?

It depends on how fast someone's computer speed it. If they get lag, then they would use fast.

Basically, it changed the time it renders each block, so depending on the fast/fancy setting, it will take longer/shorter time period. So, people tend to use fast if they run slowly and fancy if they have a decent fps. It really depends on your situation. I suggest, for 512x texture pack, to use fast. Because it would already be considerably detailed. It would give you a slight fps boost too!
12/23/2012 4:16 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Dragon
DaizyCat
phorkz

It depends on how fast someone's computer speed it. If they get lag, then they would use fast.
12/23/2012 2:19 am
Level 1 : New Miner
phorkz

12/23/2012 2:17 am
Level 47 : Master Lad
Doggle
They change very minimally. The fast, renders them quicker, with less digital processing whilst the fancy takes time to render it making the process slower, but more precise.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome