My resource pack got taken down

Modkiq's Avatar Modkiq4/21/14 7:59 am
4/21/2014 2:37 pm
Azie's Avatar Azie
Hello, today I woke up and found out that my resource pack (with over 2000 views in under a week) was taken down by a PCM moderator, appereantly because it only changed a small part of the game. My resource pack was in "Whats hot", and it got over 2-300 views every day, and about 5 diamonds a day, which I think is good. Anyways, my pack did not change any textures, but it changed a whole language, which I believe is a big part of the game. I made it so you could use the language pack together with another resource pack (because I didn't want to steal any textures). My language pack, as it was called by the title, changed everything from death messages to even enchantments, and most people seemed to like it (I didn't get one negative comment). I get that you guys would like me to change the textures, but I believe thats wrong, because texture packs aren't just textures anymore, they are also music, languages, renaming and even animations.
My pack almost lvld' me up to lvl 15, and I believe that it is unfair that it was taken down without any warning because it didn't change enough things, 1 whole language is actually a lot, and it took me a very long time make. I believe that people who makes resource packs that are meant to be used together with other resource packs should be able to do that.
Of course, if your language pack only changes a few of the names, you could consider it as spam, but my language pack actually changes a lot. The plan was that people could use it together with another texture pack, so they could use my language together with their favorite textures, animations or sounds.
PMC should let people making resource packs for this purpose be able to do that without taking it down right away. If you get to almost lvl 15 in 5-6 days because of 1 thing you made, its not spam... It means that people actually liked it, and downloaded it.
Modkiq
Level 1 : New Mage

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/21/2014 2:37 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
Seeing as how language isn't 50% of the user interface, it would be against the rules to post without more changed parts of the UI.

http://www.planetminecraft.com/rules/#r ... quirements

Do not post public complaints about moderation decisions. PM the moderator that banned you/removed your submission.

http://www.planetminecraft.com/rules/#b ... of_content
04/21/2014 2:31 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Explorer
CuteBlock
Modkiq ask a super moderator and tell him about this
04/21/2014 1:14 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Network
weakwizardsucks2
Can you send me a link to the resource pack on a media sharing site?
04/21/2014 1:01 pm
CuteBlock
I think i know why it got removed. Maybe because there isn't any "texture" in your resource Pack. You could have posted it in the forums.
04/21/2014 12:45 pm
This reply was removed by the poster or a moderator.
04/21/2014 12:49 pm
CuteBlock
A moderator always have a reason.
04/21/2014 12:44 pm
Level 26 : Expert Princess
Snowyfox
TheBlockWarIf its not on the rules, then i don't know whats happening. Apologize for my mistake.
Modkiq, ask a super moderator if you feel cheated. http://www.planetminecraft.com/team/Site%20Moderator
Oh and by the way Snowyfox, "Disclaimer: This rule system is new and the rules may change drastically and rapidly." It may change, who knows

*shrugs* I'm always worried about that little disclaimer. :p

Pig RepublicUmmm

You can change the language in-game.

Editing the language files lets you change any text to whatever you wish; it doesn't have to be a proper language, or it could be a language that's not in the language list. Or maybe you would like to refine Mojang's default text. For example, since my resource pack replaces bows with rifles and comes complete with plasma sound effects, I edited the language files to change "bow" to "Plasma Handheld Cannon" and "arrow" to "Plasma Cartridge".
04/21/2014 12:20 pm
CuteBlock
Snowyfox
TheBlockWarYour warning is the rules. And if you see "other" language packs and they don't get taken down, then report them. Moderators are humans like us.

Sorry, but what on earth are you talking about? I just checked the rules, there aren't anything against resource packs that modify the language files.

If its not on the rules, then i don't know whats happening. Apologize for my mistake.
Modkiq, ask a super moderator if you feel cheated. http://www.planetminecraft.com/team/Site%20Moderator
Oh and by the way Snowyfox, "Disclaimer: This rule system is new and the rules may change drastically and rapidly." It may change, who knows
04/21/2014 12:20 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Pixel Painter
Pig Republic
Ummm

You can change the language in-game.
04/21/2014 1:33 pm
Modkiq
I made my own language.
04/21/2014 12:52 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Cake
cakeface

He said he made a custom language.
04/21/2014 12:05 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Warrior
Official_Nathan21
Should not of been taken down.
Theres over 450 blocks/items in Minecraft
If you changed all the block/item names, thats more than 450 changes
Thats more than a normal resource pack.
Sounds awesome BTW.
04/21/2014 12:04 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Explorer
CraftinkingsYT
Huh, welp.... sometimes ya just 'dun goof.
04/21/2014 11:56 am
Snowyfox
TheBlockWarYour warning is the rules. And if you see "other" language packs and they don't get taken down, then report them. Moderators are humans like us.

Sorry, but what on earth are you talking about? I just checked the rules, there aren't anything against resource packs that modify the language files.
04/21/2014 8:42 am
Level 27 : Expert Taco
experttacobear
ModkiqHello, today I woke up and found out that my resource pack (with over 2000 views in under a week) was taken down by a PCM moderator, appereantly because it only changed a small part of the game. My resource pack was in "Whats hot", and it got over 2-300 views every day, and about 5 diamonds a day, which I think is good. Anyways, my pack did not change any textures, but it changed a whole language, which I believe is a big part of the game. I made it so you could use the language pack together with another resource pack (because I didn't want to steal any textures). My language pack, as it was called by the title, changed everything from death messages to even enchantments, and most people seemed to like it (I didn't get one negative comment). I get that you guys would like me to change the textures, but I believe thats wrong, because texture packs aren't just textures anymore, they are also music, languages, renaming and even animations.
My pack almost lvld' me up to lvl 15, and I believe that it is unfair that it was taken down without any warning because it didn't change enough things, 1 whole language is actually a lot, and it took me a very long time make. I believe that people who makes resource packs that are meant to be used together with other resource packs should be able to do that.
Of course, if your language pack only changes a few of the names, you could consider it as spam, but my language pack actually changes a lot. The plan was that people could use it together with another texture pack, so they could use my language together with their favorite textures, animations or sounds.
PMC should let people making resource packs for this purpose be able to do that without taking it down right away. If you get to almost lvl 15 in 5-6 days because of 1 thing you made, its not spam... It means that people actually liked it, and downloaded it.

You should probably PM the moderator who took it down.
04/21/2014 8:23 am
Level 51 : Grandmaster Dragon
samkee00
If you changed the whole language, but it still got taken down, did you forget to say that you changed the language? A moderator may have seen it and thought it was just the default. I had a pack that I just added a language.
04/21/2014 8:46 am
Modkiq
Well I had it all explained in the desc, that it was a language pack, and even what it changed in the language, like death messages, block names, enchantments etc. I have seen other language packs that have done about the same as I have, and they have been around for months without being taken down.
I have messaged the moderator who took it down, and asked him to explain why it was taken down, and if it would be possible for me to get it back.
I think it is really unfair that a resource pack that almost got me 15 lvls up just got taken down without a warning :L
04/21/2014 11:37 am
CuteBlock
Your warning is the rules. And if you see "other" language packs and they don't get taken down. Then reoprt it. Moderators are humans like us.
04/21/2014 8:12 am
Level 23 : Expert Cake
cjcool060199
This resource packs sounds amazing, if you are able to get this back up PM me a link so I can check it out!
04/21/2014 8:12 am
Snowyfox
Modkiqwas taken down by a PMC moderator, apparently because it only changed a small part of the game.

Using the language-editing feature of the new resource packs shouldn't count as even changing the game in the first place (well, technically it does like any other resource pack, but you're not actually bricking any vanilla client code like a mod does). Talk to the moderator?
04/21/2014 8:06 am
Level 48 : Master Baconator
SonicFan1011
If it actually changes something in Minecraft, I see no need for them to take it down....
Of course, moderators make mistakes. Perhaps send them a PM explaining your side of the story?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome