Resource Pack Help!

xDGmz's Avatar xDGmz5/31/14 6:22 pm
1 emeralds 315 7
6/2/2014 10:18 pm
SquircularKnights's Avatar SquircularKnights
I need some help creating a resource pack, I want it to be called xDCraft, I'm not very good at making them, and I'm hoping someone can make it for my YT channel, which i will give them credit, I promise.
xDGmz
Level 1 : New Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/02/2014 10:18 pm
Level 27 : Expert Toast
SquircularKnights
I tried making a 512 pack. It would probably be close to or finished by now (9 months since I started) if I hadn't chosen to work on animation instead. With a lot of big art projects the makers lose heart halfway through, so maybe try something a little smaller than a full texture pack first, to see how you like it.
Also try developing some techniques to quickly make textures, or find some other people have made, in the tutorial sections of blogs, or in youtube videos.
Just sayin'.
06/01/2014 12:42 pm
Level 1 : New Network
xDGmz
Oh don't worry, Rushing is not in it, Which I'm actually trying to make one
05/31/2014 6:35 pm
Level 22 : Expert Pony
Zephen
This can take up to 24 months for a GOOD POPULAR texturepack. Do NOT rush it. Attention to detail is important
06/01/2014 12:54 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Necromancer
creeperinmyhouse
I agree that making a texture pack shouldn't be rushed but i think the 2 years thing is a bit exaggerated. 2 years is a long time, maybe 6 months for a texture pack is more reasonable but 2 years seems like a waste of time lol
06/02/2014 6:58 am
Level 39 : Artisan Pixel Painter
insomniac_lemon
Actually, it's not that much of an exaggeration, specifically if you're newish to art, specifically textures.

When I first started my pack, I had done work in Photoshop, but that was it. I wasn't real big on art (aside from messing around in Photoshop), and it was my first time making textures for a game.

3 years later, I'm still working on the same pack, and it's still not done. Most packs don't get 100% done, either, because there are TONS of textures in the game. I don't just mean blocks/items, either, I'm talking every last bit, including mobs, armor, paintings, particles, GUI stuff, misc stuff, etc. The problem here is that when you've still got to do more textures, you're redoing older textures to make them better, sometimes multiple times.

As far as my pack goes, it is fairly complete. most blocks/items are done, probably about half mobs, and most of the other stuff. I'd still like to redo many things, though. My pack may not be 100% complete, but custom sounds, improved vanilla shaders, CTM, CIT, custom models (snapshot feature), etc. more than make up for it.

My pack also didn't do so well in the first year. It got around 500 downloads on MCF, which was quite low. Granted it was quite bad at the start (I shouldn't have released it so early), so I have been improving it over the years in an attempt to improve its usage. It's doing quite well here on PMC, decent on Curse, and hopefully my numbers will keep increasing.

TL;DR: 'tis hard work. Don't expect a fan base or even people who use the pack as a main overnight. It'll be just you for a long while, so you better like be making it for you and like it
05/31/2014 6:28 pm
Level 42 : Master Dragon
CrafterDragon
Making a texture/resource pack takes time, especially a quality one thats not rushed. I think people are gonna need a bit more than credit to make one
05/31/2014 6:25 pm
Level 71 : Legendary Nerd
Irish
It takes a lot of time to make a TP.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome