Resource Pack Trouble, Please help!

Banagher_'s Avatar Banagher_8/15/17 8:17 pm
1 emeralds 133 5
8/15/2017 10:34 pm
KrissieFox1's Avatar KrissieFox1
I have a resource pack i'm having issues with. (I use MAC) I made a simple resourcepack (just some items, mobs and sounds) a while back that didn't get approved. Because of that i have nowhere to post it.

Right now i have it in my google drive (it seems to be the only place it can go for other people to use it)

But whenever one of my friends downloads it, the pack never appears on peoples screens so they can turn it on.

Idk what to do anymore, please help i'm all out of ideas on how to fix it
Banagher_
Level 37 : Artisan Unicorn

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/15/2017 10:34 pm
Level 46 : Master Nerd
KrissieFox1
I know that sometimes when I unpack a zipped resource file, it will have an added subfolder of the same name. I don't think Mine-craft will recognize it unless the directory reads as minecraft/resourcepacks/(nameofpack)/(this part will need to have assets, pack.mcmeta, and "pack" image file). So, you may want to have your friends check to be sure the asset and mcmeta files are immediately within the initial resource pack folder. I hope I worded that in an understandable way.
08/15/2017 8:32 pm
Level 27 : Expert Taco
Noah
When you say that it doesn't appear on peoples screens. Do you mean that when they put it into there resource pack folder they don't see it so they can enable it?

If so then one theory I have is maybe they have it zipped up from when you put it into google drive. If that is the case they will have to use something like 7zip or WinRar (I prefer WinRar) to unzip / zip it. If it's already unzipped then try zipping it and putting it in. Vice Versa if it's zipped.
08/15/2017 8:34 pm
Banagher_
Yes, it doesn't show up on their screens
08/15/2017 8:36 pm
Banagher_
also yes it is in a zip folder, but when its unzipped and people put it in, it doesn't show up
08/15/2017 9:37 pmhistory
Level 74 : Legendary Artist
Gealx3
Does it have a pack.mcmeta file in the first folder (or zipped along with the assets folder)?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome