Tipps for Grass Top Texture please.

projectgami's Avatar projectgami10/4/13 3:43 pm
1 emeralds 596 8
10/9/2013 4:34 am
SquircularKnights's Avatar SquircularKnights
Hey Guys I could really need some help right now. I am working on a new cartoon resource pack and a thing that is bothering me very much is the grass top texture. I have no idea how to do it. I used to make it like the Sphax texture but I don't want that. I want something more unique. So please can somebody give me tipps on how to make a good grass top texture?

Thanks.
-Echin44
projectgami
Level 15 : Journeyman Artist

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/09/2013 4:34 am
Level 27 : Expert Toast
SquircularKnights
Motion blur is also very useful.
10/07/2013 11:41 pm
Level 71 : Legendary Pixel Painter
ASF
You could have light shaded grass as the base, and maybe add some little cartoony triangles of a darker shade on top?
10/07/2013 11:34 pm
Level 27 : Expert Toast
SquircularKnights
The relief function might help you here. Just remember to scale it up 2 extra pixels before you apply it and scale it back down after you apply it. This way you avoid random black and white lines on the edge of textures. In paint.net it can be found in effects/stylie/relief. If it has too much contrast you can make the initial texture translucent, and that'll change the contrast.
Hope this helps, I can be a bit confusing.
10/06/2013 1:37 am
Level 40 : Master Fish
Nice7
A lot of people just do a sort of "rough" texture. Like there is a lot of grass.
Another idea is have those thick lines running across it, like you would see of a stadium field.
10/06/2013 1:29 am
projectgami
Bump please Help me
10/04/2013 7:18 pm
projectgami
It's not my first pack. As you might see my first pack (EchinsBMPCraft) became pretty popular. Here I am trying to get tills on what design I could use what color scheme I schould maybe use and stuff like that. Any thing that makes my texture look different but still good.
10/04/2013 4:06 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Artist
TheCreeperConquest
If you are wanting to make it cartoon style then maybe a paint brush effect? and alternate it to make it blend well?
10/04/2013 3:53 pm
Level 72 : Legendary Programmer
Sibogy
Just make it fit together? Or making a texture?

Fitting it together so it matches to another grass top texture is easy, just shade the outsides until it's looks good.

Making a good grass top texture is pretty simple too. Just add blur effects, noise, and such. Make sure the texture is black and white (So the colours change with biomes)

You can take a look at my Resource pack/s. Check out Zaurx Craft.

http://www.planetminecraft.com/texture_ ... om-sounds/
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome