Working on a survival friendly modern texture pack. Feedback appreciated!

2 emeralds 12 replies 127 views | started 03/11/2018 1:28 pm by Springstof
Hey! I'm working on a texture pack for 1.13, with a full set of completely survival friendly, realistic, modern textures. So far, these are the textures that I've done. I would love to hear some feedback! Do you think they look good? Would you use something like this? What kind of textures would you like to see?

In order (l-r, t-b), the textures are:

nether bricks, bedrock, polished andesite, andesite, polished diorite, diorite, polished granite, granite,

nether quartz ore, glowstone, stone, coal ore, diamond ore, iron ore, iron block, diamond block,

netherrack, oak planks, spruce planks, birch planks, jungle planks, acacia planks, dark oak planks, bricks,

cobblestone, podzol, grass, coarse dirt, dirt, gravel, red sand, sand,

still water

Posted by avatar
Springstof
Level 64 : High Grandmaster Demolitionist

12 replies

03/15/2018 5:00 am
Level 1 New Explorer
StormyParakeet
Oooh! This looks so nice so far!
03/15/2018 9:09 am
Level 64 High Grandmaster Demolitionist
Springstof
Thank you very much!
03/14/2018 9:08 pm
Level 21 Expert Nerd
SJcat810
I really like the look of the wood planks! also the sands look really smooth and wavy.
one thing i would point out is the nether brick might no be very recognizable.

overall really love it! am always amazed by the beautiful texture packs people make :D
03/14/2018 9:50 pm
Springstof
Thanks a lot! And I Agree on the nether bricks. I want to add modern touches to the pack though, and these blocks have stair variants, while many others don't. I may change them later though!
03/14/2018 3:41 pm
Level 14 Journeyman Engineer
lavaie
Nice, but i thing it's too smooth somewhere, and the ores can be better. And the ore should look more vibrant, isn't it? Btw, the planks are nice
03/14/2018 6:47 pm
Springstof
Thanks! I wanted to go for a somewhat smoother pack, but I agree that some of the textures are maybe a bit too smooth. I will see if I can add some more noise in some of them! I also agree on the ores. I may redo those later on. I'm not sure if I want to make them vibrant, because I want to try to make them somewhat realistic. I will probably have a second look at them at some point though! And thanks! The planks were for another project, and I basically got my motivation to work on the entire pack from creating them!
03/14/2018 9:45 pm
Level 14 Journeyman Engineer
lavaie
I understand you wanted to make something smoother, but in my opinion the stone bricks is too much. And when i said the textures will look better while vibraint, i mind their colours may be more contrasting, deeper, or something? Example - adding some shadows on a diamond'n iron ores, some contrast won't be bad ;)
(I've just got that quartz and iron ores look like bacon)
03/11/2018 6:12 pm
Level 51 Grandmaster Artist
oakar567
Looks good in my opinion :)
03/11/2018 6:36 pm
Springstof
Thanks!

Search

Browse

Site

© 2010 - 2018