Would this be OK to publish?

ASF's Avatar ASF4/29/13 8:48 pm
4/29/2013 10:21 pm
mommaCarole's Avatar mommaCarole
Hi, i was making a 64x64 texture pack. I was wondering if this would be alright to upload onto PMC, without it getting removed? (What is shown in the picture is basically what I'm already done with) https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5ga9T2-N67hUkZJWmRBR1cyRVU/edit?usp=sharing

EDIT: By it getting removed, I meant the fact that it isn't all the way complete. I'm still working on it, but I just wanted to get it out there for now.
ASF
Level 71 : Legendary Pixel Painter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/29/2013 10:21 pm
Level 54 : Grandmaster Witch
mommaCarole
I suggest you have it at least 30% finished (that means that at least a third of the textures have been completely redone by you in 64-bit) before uploading. That shows your users that you have made progress and you're still working on it. As well, make sure when you update that you have at LEAST another 20% done on each update, or the moderators will feel you're spamming updates to get on the popular reel. Make it a REAL update.

(But to become popular and stay that way, don't leave your work partially done for long. If you want to post an unfinished texturepack as a teaser, make sure you have it done within a month. We remove partially finished projects/texturepacks/mods if they haven't been updated in a certain length of time.)

Hope that helps.
04/29/2013 10:08 pm
ASF
04/29/2013 9:12 pm
Level 23 : Expert Network
-Kali-
Ever noticed those texture packs with: "20% complete"? THERE YOU GO
04/29/2013 9:08 pm
Level 42 : Master uwu
mrjrbacon
Personally I wait till I complete a project before I release it to the public because of the short amount of time you have to get onto the popular page. So you want to make a good first impression on the viewers. But I would say its safe to release it now afterall thats what the progress bar is about.
04/29/2013 9:12 pm
Level 46 : Master Blockhead
SilverKytten
It shouldn't matter if you're on the popular page or not... -.-
04/29/2013 9:04 pm
SilverKytten
Alex_Firefly96[I think to be on the safe side, you should just finish it then post it. I'll get it and maybe review it (if that's ok) when it comes out, but you should just finish it to reduce chances

The whole point of having status bars on projects and texturepacks is so that people can upload unfinished content, and get suggestions/hype for the final release......
04/29/2013 8:59 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Blockhead
Woodilicious
No, it would not be removed if it isn't done. There are many incomplete, Work in progress, texture packs on the site.
04/29/2013 8:55 pm
ASF
EDIT: By it getting removed, I meant the fact that it isn't all the way complete. I'm still working on it, but I just wanted to get it out there for now.
04/29/2013 9:02 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Explorer
Alex_Firefly96
I think to be on the safe side, you should just finish it then post it. I'll get it and maybe review it (if that's ok) when it comes out, but you should just finish it to reduce chances
04/29/2013 9:04 pm
Level 48 : Master Answer
-Rusty
To stay on the safe side he doesn't have to rush him self and be sloppy to get it done. He needs to either upload it now, and edit it as he goes, or finish it all in a timely manner and do it well.
04/29/2013 8:55 pm
Level 42 : Master Pixel Puncher
gnarmydesmo
post it
04/29/2013 8:54 pm
SilverKytten
If you have to ask, there must be something that you've done that you feel could be against the rules.

In that case, it most likely is, and you should just assume no.

==Edit==

No, if you're still actively working on it, there will be no issues with it being "incomplete."

What most texturepacks get taken down for are for claiming to be 100% finished, but only having a few things changed, and the rest default.
04/29/2013 8:53 pm
ASF
But I'm saying like, would a mod or someone take it down for "not being complete" or something?
04/29/2013 8:51 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Miner
xXPecuniamXx
Looks like a mix of a texture pack already out there, so yes I would report you if you did.
04/29/2013 8:53 pm
ASF
Erm, I made this...
04/29/2013 8:52 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Blacksmith
SkyTechKid
You'd have to show proof to report that.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome