An island in the sea...directions_boat

Morrigan_A's Avatar Morrigan_A7/15/20 1:43 am
2 emeralds 146 3
8/8/2020 10:33 am
Herolden's Avatar Herolden
This random seed I typed in on a whim turned out to be really amazing! It's too amazing to not be shared.

The seed in question is "Outset Island" (type it in with the proper capitalization and no quotes).

At first, I thought it was just a funny coincidence that I started on an island with this seed, but the more I'm exploring, the more cool stuff I'm finding!

The island you'll spawn on has some trees and flowers-- it's not a big island, but I was able to make it work as a base. (One of the trees I planted grew with a beehive attached to it-- that was probably luck. Speaking of luck, turtles started spawning on the beach, but I don't know if that's random or not.)

Screenshot of my base
My base, complete with bee friend! :)

There are some other islands nearby, but nothing of note on them, save for one island to the northwest that has some sugar cane on it.

Past them, however? Wonders abound. I don't want to spoil it, if you want to be surprised, but I'll go ahead and list some of the things I've found in a spoiler below. It includes a screenshot of an incomplete map of the surrounding area.

You know, if you're curious.

Otherwise... have fun survivin' and explorin'!

Thing's I've found (so far)

Directly to the north of the starting island, there is an Ocean Monument. Like, it's really close by. I can't believe I didn't notice it on the first day!

A little bit to the northeast of that, there's a Mooshroom Island! I haven't explored it yet, but I'm hoping it'll be interesting.

Father to the southeast of the starting island, there appears to be a continent, consisting of mostly desert and savanna, from what I've seen (I've not bothered exploring it yet, either). There's a shipwreck on a small island along the coast of the continent.

The island is in a Deep Ocean biome (obviously), but near the northern edge of the continent, it turns into a Warm Ocean. There's a coral reef.

Here's my current map.

Morrigan_A
Level 5 : Apprentice Skinner