Anti grief suggestions

AGTRigorMortis's Avatar AGTRigorMortis7/18/19 4:39 am
3 emeralds 157 4
7/19/2019 5:17 pm
AGTRigorMortis's Avatar AGTRigorMortis
I have a suggestion for Mojang which I posted on the Minecraft feedback dot net community forum for their bedrock edition server application when it is in final build and out of alpha/beta.

This topic is about measures for servers that have rules on them, this obviously wouldn't matter for anarchy based servers, however some people like myself want this for strict anti grief servers where players are conditioned to respect the work of each other and where the host has likely taken measures against griefing such as backup files and whitelisting.

Here's how it goes in simple terms. I've asked for an advanced logging feature to be implemented, so coordinates and inventory items of each persons gamertag can be traced so the host will have a way of knowing where exactly everyone went on the server world and at what time.

The log file should record activity such as placed or removed blocks and have it all indexed so it is all easily searchable, this way the host of the server can keep a surveillance over people on the Minecraft world and determine who is deliberately causing problems for others, making ban procedure fair.

Griefing when done to players who clearly do not want to be a part of it is not funny, it's childish and moronic,
if people like that sort of thing, then they should either join an anarchy/public server or create their own,
not force others to adhere to their troublemaking.

People who get banned for griefing servers with clear laid out rules on them get no sympathy from me,
in fact I'd want their gamertags (including changes they had made to their screenmame) made public so I'd know who to avoid.
I'm pretty sure many others feel the same way, if I wanted to do griefing I'd join a public server, not a private non anarchy one.
AGTRigorMortis
Level 11 : Journeyman Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/18/2019 5:21 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Artist
lizking10152011
A solution that works for both Java and Bedrock Editions of the game would be nice if implemented by Mojang for Minecraft, and technically this is possible. Java Edition has shown this via third party programs and mods. I took a look at the Worldguard recommendation, and features from this being in standard vanilla Minecraft servers for both Bedrock and Java Editions would be fantastic.

I also note additional features from a Youtube video that was recently shown off via testing on Java Minecraft's oldest Anarchy Server 2b2t by Youtuber FitMC. While I am not a fan of anarchy servers, seeing some of the unorthodox creativity that comes from this server is amazing, and it was shown that a bot user can adapt and escape 2b2t's spawn, and I noted that it tracks the bot's movement from beginning to end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFlc_jizgl0

The fact that this tracking is possible for a bot profile also makes it possible for human players as well, and this should be implemented to vanilla Minecraft servers so an Admin or Moderator can track player movements during playtime on the X,Y, and Z axis on each login and logout. So if people can do so with third party programs, It can definately be implemented by Mojang.
07/19/2019 5:17 pm
AGTRigorMortis
And like I said making it possible to tell who did what and at what time would make the ban procedure fair so we can avoid falsely accusing the wrong players of causing problems on a non anarchy server.

I've had to remove 4 people off my creative realm due to nobody confessing to doing damage. It was a tough choice but I can't take that chance anymore as I told chandlerklebs, although he is still a member of that realm. He was never the problem though.
07/18/2019 1:57 pmhistory
Level 20 : Expert Network
LegendOfYukari
All ready done: CoreProtect. Mojang dosent need to implement this
07/19/2019 4:38 pm
AGTRigorMortis
The point is we shouldn't have to mod our games and forfeit the ability to earn achievements if using bedrock edition just to keep griefers from touching what isn't theirs.

The developers ought to be held accountable for this also, they're the ones who designed their game to not have the options in place to prevent other players from removing or destroying blocks they never placed, they could easily patch this with an update.

The simple fact is if servers aren't anarchy ones then people should respect the rules laid out for them the moment they joined.
If they violate those rules and get banned, then tough, their fault.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome