Builder Recruitment [open] 🔎 || YouTube Series

Meraki Motions's Avatar Meraki Motions • 6/17/21 10:19 pm history
7/19/2021 1:50 am
FeldwebelCookie's Avatar FeldwebelCookie
Hello!

Yes, you read the title correctly. We are currently looking for builders to help build a set for a YouTube Roleplay series. But first, let me tell you a bit about who we are, what the project is, what we’re expecting of you, and what you can gain from this.

WHO ARE WE?

My name is Moon and I’m the director of Meraki Motions, a Minecraft RolePlay YouTube channel. This channel is brand new, created at the beginning of June 2021, and my team and I are working hard on our debut series. Once this series is complete and fully on YouTube, we will then begin planning and preparing for our next series. Our highest, farthest goal is to make countless Minecraft episodic and/or movie content for YouTube.

WHAT IS THE CURRENT PROJECT?

Our current project is Homeward. This project is a story about three adolescents trying to find a way back home through an unforgiving and unfamiliar world, all the while being hunted everywhere they go.

The world itself is a big water world with large islands as the foundation for the different civilizations. These civilizations vary rather vastly from each other but still follow the main components of survival - water, food, shelter, and trade.

Some of these civilizations are normal medieval builds, such as a volcano island with a thriving trade center at the base. Others are more terraforming and fantasy related, like enormous pillars with connecting bridges or a hollowed out island with people still living in the caverns. And so on…

PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE A JAVA ONLY SERVER! SORRY BEDROCK AND P.E. BUILDERS :(

WHAT ARE WE EXPECTING OF YOU?

We are in our crunch period. Our goal is to have everything done by the end of August, and if you can do the mental math and calendar counting, that means we only have six weeks left before that deadline arrives.

When you join the team, you will be asked for a gmail (we use Google Drive to access and edit the different documents that have civilization information), in-game name (self-explanatory), what time zone you are in (we have people in pretty much every time zone you can think of but we are primarily EST), and a time that you can commit to building on the server.

Let me explain that further. We’re asking for you to pick a time that works best for your life and schedule to work on the server. Whether that’s two hours every Saturday or a half hour every day or every other day, etc. You will be asked to always be on the server during that self-chosen time period. If you’re in the mood to keep building, we certainly aren’t going to stop you! We strongly encourage that you build outside your assigned time but at the bare minimum ask for you to commit to your chosen time to keep things moving and hopefully finish by August.

Side note* We have six civilizations and six weeks left. Every week we will work on a different civilization as a group. For example, this week we will focus on Society #1 and next week we will focus on Society #2 and so on and so forth.

WHAT CAN YOU GAIN FROM JOINING?

Unfortunately, I cannot pay anyone for their work. This is all volunteer effort.

However, there are some good things you can get from working on this project. For starters, you will be heavily promoted throughout the build process on our social media (YouTube, Instagram, TikTok, and Reddit). As you build you can take pictures of your creations and send them in to be watermarked and posted on social media. My hope is to give you every bit of credit you deserve and get you more clout on your accounts.

You will also be shown in the credits after every YouTube episode. This project can’t happen without the builders and you all deserve recognition for your hard work!

What else?

Practice. Experience. Friends.

You will get lots of practice with your building skills and styles, especially under such a short period of time. You will be doing lots of different builds and maybe even practice some terraforming.

Money can’t buy experience. You will get experience working under the clock, working different types of build styles, and working with a team of other builders.

While we have so many people in so many different time zones, sometimes we’re able to jump on a voice call with each other to chat and build. It’s chaotic, to say the least, but so much fun.

I WANT TO JOIN. NOW WHAT?

You want to join our team of builders? You’re ready to commit and deal with all the insanity? Sounds great! We could use some more victims-I mean volunteers!

Some requirements:

- You must be 13 or older
- You must be on JAVA
- You must have a Discord account
- You must have experience with Minecraft building

If you fulfill all those requirements, you can go ahead and fill out the application down below. I will then send you a private message and ask for you to send 3-4 pictures of your previous builds. I will share those pictures with my Lead Builders who will then decide to accept you onto our team.

Then let the chaos begin…

APPLICATION OPEN
Meraki Motions
Level 1 : New Crafter