Fractured Sky MC -- A server idea -- Tell me what you think!

BratzeliStudios's Avatar BratzeliStudios10/9/18 4:08 pm
2 emeralds 147 2
10/11/2018 10:03 am
BratzeliStudios's Avatar BratzeliStudios
Hey! I'm just wondering if this idea sounds cool. Here's a basic rundown:

Professions
On first join, players will be prompted to select a profession. Each profession has a point cost, and different abilities.
For instance, the Logger cuts down trees to level up. After selecting a profession, players may upgrade skills, such as Strength, Luck, and Speed. Also, each profession gets different skills upgraded when they level up!
Each profession also has a base number of claim chunks. This comes into claiming.

Claiming/Kingdoms
Players may start, join, and rule kingdoms! A kingdom has a total claim area equal to the sum of the base claim chunks of all of it's members. Also, claiming costs taxes -- so you don't have free claiming.

Raiding
If you want to attack an enemy kingdom, you can stick a banner outside their claim. This starts a Challenge. There are a few ways for the challengers to win a Challenge:
- If the Defenders agree, and the attackers kill enough defenders
- If, after 7 days, the attackers have been online a total of 70% more than the defenders, they win. This allows players to dispose of kingdoms that have sat dormant for a long time, while giving a chance to the defenders.

If the defenders accept the challenge, then, when there are enough players online on both sides at the same time, the attackers are given the ability to TP outside the defender's claim. Whichever side dies the most loses! If the attackers win, they get a bunch of the defender's money and the claim disappears.

Market
There is a server-wide market. Players sell items to the store, and also buy them. I'm pretty sure there's also a supply and demand factor.

Survival
This will not be vanilla. Custom monsters, animals, weapons, armor, and even food and structures will fill the server. The worlds will also not generate normally -- a custom generation system is currently in development.

Biomes
Each biome has specific upsides and downsides -- for instance, Plains can grow food the best and have the weakest monsters, but have access to only the weakest items. Deserts, on the other hand, have no food and powerful monsters, but access to the best items on the server!

Crackshot
Yes, there will be guns. And magic staves and wands, etc. It's just more fun that way.

Worlds
Each world will be specifically designed in a RP map style way. Of course, structures and things will be random, and the map will be immense, but you will be able to create a map for each world that covers all the biomes. This is mainly for ease of monster spawning, but has other advantages and disadvantages as well.

So, what do you think? If shooting Demonic Sheep with a laser shotgun or devouring tacos before battling a dragon with your flamethrower sounds fun, I think you'd like Fractured Sky MC.

Comments welcome!

Poll ended 10/23/2018 4:08 pm.

BratzeliStudios
Level 1 : New Miner