Good idea for a server, don't have the money to start. [Looking for Partners/Staff]

TF547's Avatar TF5479/9/18 12:59 am
9/21/2018 5:46 am
raidarr's Avatar raidarr

Here's my pitch:

Have you ever wanted to play survival but want something unique and fun? Well I do, I'm planning to create a server that has realism and uniqueness. There would be no ranks to abide the EULA but there would be cosmetic features like, tags, pets and others. There would also be a lot of quests for the players to complete to get resources. There would also be jobs to earn money to buy things from our: Limited shops, it would only have crops, mob drops, and some building materials. Wherein people can buy and sell the stuff they grinded. Lastly, silk spawners, so people can find dungeons mine the spawners, and make a XP Grinder.
TF547
Level 12 : Journeyman Archer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/09/2018 3:06 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Taco
TastyLemonade
Firstly: your idea is great but sadly it isn't a new unique one. You'd be surprised about how many servers are similar to your idea. I would do some more research first.

Secondly: if you don't have the resources (i.e, money) you shouldn't attempt to own a server. Trust me, I've tried and it never took off and it was a waste of my money and time. If you want to start a server you can't rely on someone else to pay for you or expect for the server to run smoothly with a small amount of money. Luckily I've fixed that problem myself.
09/09/2018 9:17 am
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
raidarr
How is this unique or realistic? RPG elements such as quests are getting rather popular (refer to the various servers posted recently that are doing quests as well), jobs that are very common, shops that are the same thing with restrictions, spawners that have been used for years, and XP grinders that defy all sense of uniqueness and realism in a server.
09/09/2018 10:17 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Crafter
_Puppymuffin
Don't be rude. Any type of server or idea can be unique to someone no matter what. Maybe the ideas that TF547 came up with are unique to him but not to you. I'm not saying your a bad person. I just saying you should think about the other perspective on this say "conflict". I mean honestly those ideas sound pretty cool. SO TF547 you don't have to listen to Nitwick because they're not in charge here, you are.
09/09/2018 3:02 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Taco
TastyLemonade
It may seem new to OP but frankly it's not a unique idea. Nitwick can critique TF547's idea, he is providing insight.
09/09/2018 2:52 pm
raidarr
I am expressing clear feedback to an idea that does not have the resources to begin; thus, it is an idea in its initial feedback stage. If you think it is rude critique, then that is your problem, and you are free to ignore it. The OP can indeed do whatever he wants and ignore these comments altogether. His loss,or gain, as he sees fit.

The comment was in part made hoping the OP would be open to an alternate opinion, which is of course up to him to accept or dismiss. Going on the premise he would at least read and consider what was posted, I attempted to use a more widely acceptable scale of what is considered unique - how many times particular features and cumulative gameplay appear in the community at large. The features themselves are quite common, and I'm afraid on the scale of unique that I mean - a scale that regularly adventuring players g oing around servers would probably see - the features are not unique at all. You can live in a village and consider a city a unique development if you go nowhere else, but that does not change the fact that a city is quite a normal occurrence and that the city you're trying to piece together has the hallmarks of a fairly regular city when most of the people passing by the village have seen many cities.

The other claim I addressed, and was not rebated on, was realism. Put simply, there appear to be no functions to encourage realism when the pitch implied that would be a key element, and the most related element that stands out is actively working against the idea of realism. If the OP wants to continue just because, that's cool. I would hope that this post would inspire some form of 'hmm, maybe that's not so realistic' as a response, or make him go 'well, maybe, but this is how I want to do it anyways', which would make him more firm in his ideas and make the server more firm as a result considering he'd be able to justify his features. And you know what? If he still wants to do it that way, great. There's enough owners who simply are unable to justify why they do what they do. In that respect the OP could well go ahead of the proverbial curve.

If this is all rude, sorry, I'm a career rude individual and I will continue to rude people every so often.
09/14/2018 9:44 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Mage
Xenku
I think the kiddo just really wanted to share their idea for a server, and possibly talk about the actual DETAILS of said server with like minded players. Why is everyone having such large debates over what makes a server unique or not here? Silly.
09/14/2018 9:42 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Mage
Xenku
Ignore what the others are saying and focus on the creative details behind all of these things. Players harping in the comment section over this or that plug not making the server a unique feature are silly. That is like saying that no build in Minecraft is unique simply because we all have to use the same blocks and colors. Good luck TF547. :3
09/21/2018 5:46 am
raidarr
Did you actually read the features proposed? Creative details would be notable if they were actually mentioned or if there was a statement of how to make those details creative, not if they are simply thrown out there like so many other servers do without any indication of executing them uniquely.

'course, there has been no dialogue from the OP in a week, so the point is moot.
09/14/2018 7:20 am
Level 53 : Grandmaster Baconator
dajakos1
PM me, can possibly do something
09/09/2018 12:16 pm
Level 1 : New Network
Chicken negget
Hey TF547 You can use the website I use to host my server server.pro! and if you tell me the ip i can advertise it on my server!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome