Hegemony (RPG) - Content Balancers, Skin Artists, Builders, Writers

5 emeralds 10 replies 292 views | started 09/23/2017 5:12 am by Hegemony
Hello guys!

Apply by replying to this thread with your contact information (Email, Discord or Skype) as well as relevant examples of work and current skills as applicable to the roles you are applying for.

We're currently recruiting for the following positions:

- Content Balancer/Creator

Involves working with Excel and under guidance to balance various aspects of the economy and creating balanced shops, mob stats, mob drops and more. Basic training provided but a sharp mind is a must, existing Excel knowledge is an advantage.

- Skin Artist

Working closely with our writers and balance team to create skins for NPCs and humanoid mobs as required, existing understanding of colour palletes and hues a must, as well as shading ability. Would need the ability to adapt to the existing serve colours and shading styles due to consistency requirements.

- Writers

Familiar with collective narrative as opposed to the traditional hero narrative, bright minded, widely read with clear, concise and accurate thoughts. Must know the difference between showing and telling.

- Builders

Did not intend to add this but giving it shot.

WARNING: 99% of applicants thus far have been turned down.

We have a very specific way of building that requires high levels of expertise and natural talent in reading terrain, designing structures with the concepts of depth, detail and scale in mind.

We are not looking for pixellated builds.

About the Server

Its set in the Renaissance - Baroque period of a parallel world to Europe

and is heavily inspired by Runescape, with elements of Mount and Blade, Total War and EU IV and has a very friendly and mature community. Our team currently consists of ~15 development staff and we've been in development for over 2 years.

The project is also inspired by wanting to do some good in the Minecraft community

There's two aspects to this that we hope to achieve:

1. Promoting the elegant style of building where structures are in harmony with the terrain, are to scale architecturally inspired and not pixellated. This is a dying art as “pixel building” where the build only looks decent from very far and atrocious up close is more popular as it is easier to do.

Some videos of our beautifully crafted world (playlist):

Some videos of our unique features (playlist):

The second inspiration of the server is that most MC servers are quite toxic and you have quite young players coming out with their life problems made worse, schoolwork failing, issues with family and depression.

We hope to create a place where players can truly enjoy themselves and forge genuine friendships,be safe and come out a happier and better person. One way we do this is that on EACH of our 5,000+ custom items, there is a /examine text where it gives some trivia or real facts about the item and through that we hope players can learn something about this historical era.

More about our mission statement: http://www.hegemony.xyz/mission

We hope to inspire an appreciation for beautiful things, to hope to encourage creativity and friendship amongst our players. That is why we hold our concepts, updates and builds ingame to the highest of standards.
Posted by avatar
Hegemony
Level 27 : Expert Architect

10 replies

09/30/2017 9:03 am
Level 3 Apprentice Network
iWalker
Looking for a website by chance? I make professional looking websites from scratch, both front and back end design. If you're interested, pm me for a chat!
09/30/2017 5:05 pm
Level 27 Expert Architect
Hegemony
Did the post say we needed one?
10/01/2017 8:40 am
Level 3 Apprentice Network
iWalker
Do I care?
09/30/2017 6:24 am
Hegemony
Still looking.
09/25/2017 12:49 am
Level 10 Journeyman Artist
MrMagicBlox
Here is my experience as a builder. Feel free to message me if you are interested!

1. IGN: MrMagicBlox, Age:24
2. Contact: Discord MrMagicBlox, Teamspeak
3. Available Time: Weekdays (times flexible) I usually put in about 6-8 hours per week of Minecraft.
4.Building Experience: See PlanetMinecraft Profile for samples of my
work. My most recent project reflects my spawn building skills.

I have been building for about 2 years now. a year and a half ago I was hired as the Head Builder for Team Ceramix and held that position for one year. I've also worked as a builder for the KorraCraft (now Project Korra) build team. After that, I became the head builder/storyboard developer for the RPG division on another server.

Skills:
WorldEdit, VoxelSniper,WorldPaint, some plugins such as citizens, shopkeeper, essentials, worldguard, cratesplus, and intermediate command block knowledge.

Strengths:

Natural Terrain, Midieval Builds, Modern Cities, Map Making, Planning large projects (towns,villages,forests, etc)

Message me if you have any questions!

-MrMagicBlox
09/25/2017 2:32 am
Hegemony
Unfortunately your build skills do not meet our minimum requirements.
09/25/2017 10:30 pm
Level 10 Journeyman Artist
MrMagicBlox
If you are looking for something specific, I have other samples. The projects on my profile are small individual projects. I have some larger terraining projects if you would like to see those.

One of my main strengths that I listed above is RPG planning and management. If you would like assistance with quest writing and storyboarding I would be happy to do so. I can also assist with balancing the economy.

I understand you would like to be conservative with your selections, but doing so may result in your project never coming to fruition. Although if this is a passion project that you want to see done to the highest of standards, I understand your position on this as I have one of these myself. It is a long road, but well worth it in the end. Mine is about 50% complete in 1.5 years.
09/23/2017 9:31 pm
Level 1 New Miner
Lazybatman_
Hey guys! I am so happy i found this thread! I've always been in love with writing, especially fantasy. A couple years ago i found minecraft and it became second in my list of favorite things. I think it would be great to be able to put the two together. I am willing to write a sample for you if needed. I also have other pieces of writing that i can link to you. Underneath this i put simple contact info.
IGN: Lazybatman_
Discord: Lazybatman_ #4249
09/25/2017 2:31 am
Hegemony
Contacted for further trialling

Search

Browse

Site

© planetminecraft.com

Welcome