Help Wanted! - Convergence Discoveries SMP

Kraxous's Avatar Kraxous8/26/12 12:30 pm
1 emeralds 71
Convergence Creations:

On the 26th of August, 2012 - Kraxous decided to recreate a server; not like iCraft though where that just eventually got boring, no not this time. The 'Planning for the future' section of the server listing will explain what is to come in the future and make the server better to the public. A problem that I have occasionally come across is the fact of not having a plan in place to structure things out so that section will explain things in depth. Now the server is only open to friends and acquaintances interested but we are looking for some job roles to be filled. I, Kraxous, will be the only admin on the server for the time being until it expands and we have a daily population of around ten people; then I may think about recruitment.

Planning for the Future:

So here I have composed a list that explains in depth what I will do over time. There is no rush to get anything done except for the ones marked with a red asterisk (*):

• *Spawn - This will consist of a boundary (like castle walls or village walls), which marks the area that will be used. Inside the stronghold/garrison/town/city, there will be:

- Shops (used to sell or buy items without crafting (which will be used with iConomy)).
- Spawnpoint (where you spawn upon entering the server for the first time or from death).
- Townhall/Castle/Main Gathering Point (used for the starting/ending of events).
- Decor (simply to snazzy the place up).
- Arena (used for PvP or MobArena).

• Plugin Development - I will be developing all of the plugins to use for the server. Me alone can get them done a lot faster since I know what I need/don't need. However, if you do want to help me develop plugins, let me know.

• Daily Events - Such as lottery, manhunt, capture the flag, etc. It just keeps the server going and moving on. I'm sure it will bring much fun for everyone.

• ? The Mystery ¿ - Now this will be fun to do... Let's just say: God' vs. Peasants. Can you guess what it is? Keep it to yourself though! Some people may or may not know .

So that's the plan set out for the time being! I'll attempt to update it weekly or every two weeks - depends on the servers progress and my own.

Recruitment:

You're probably wondering by now: 'How does one go about helping or becoming whitelisted?' - pretty simple actually. Just add me on Skype (username is Kraxous) and we'll get chatting. Now I am specifically looking for architects mainly to build a spawn and for them to just generally be creative. You will be working with other people no matter what your role is, whether your role is an imagery designer, you need to speak with architects to get a good image. As an architect, you will be speaking with everyone to tell them where to build, what they can help with, etc. But where do I come into this? Ahh you see, I will be developing plugins and giving the occasional feedback on the project.
Kraxous
Level 22 : Expert Engineer