My external ip won't connect to the server

2SurvivalGuys's Avatar 2SurvivalGuys11/20/18 10:22 pm history
12/4/2018 5:37 pm
2SurvivalGuys's Avatar 2SurvivalGuys
Hello, everyone,

BEFORE YOU READ THIS PARAGRAPH MAKE SURE YOU READ THE UPDATE BELOW IT IS CRUCIAL:
I have recently made a Minecraft server that runs on 1.12 Spigot. And I've been having some trouble getting it online. How I've been doing it is the report for doing with my router. I have port forwarded correctly multiple times, as I have done this successfully before a couple months ago on the same server folder and connected through external IP. We got a new router from the same brand Century link and this one had an ethernet connection and two wifi's (one 2.4g one 5g) instead of one. I have turned on firewalls in mac os system preferences and on my routers online settings the IPv6 and IPv4 firewalls on are enabled. I have traffic enabled to come in and out and have the security level low or off on both firewalls. When I try to connect it will connect for it a long time and will say this in the Minecraft log
I may give up soon. I have found a thread on the website called bleepingcompuetr.com on this thread this guy can't get his port open, I believe this to my case as well.
Please click the link and tell me anything you know!
Best regards,
2SurvivalGuys
2SurvivalGuys
Level 2 : Apprentice Crafter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/21/2018 3:12 pmhistory
Level 52 : Grandmaster Programmer
DarkEyeDragon
This has nothing to do with your router. It's most likely a firewall/anti-virus blocking the outgoing connection.
http://prntscr.com/llb1ng

You need to allow Java application (not just Minecraft as you might think) (see screenshot).
Edit: If it really isn't a firewall issue try disabling your anti-virus and see if that works. If it does, figure out how to whitelist apps on your anti-virus
12/04/2018 5:36 pm
2SurvivalGuys
I updated my thread
11/21/2018 4:07 pm
2SurvivalGuys
So you need to have your firewall on, but allow connection incoming from Minecraft? Also, is Minecraft the only application I should allow incoming connection from on my firewall?
11/21/2018 3:05 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
bisdakikobe
hey did you change your ISP ? if yes its possible you dont have an ipv4 or you havn't setup your config file or port forwarding properly or your ip has changed I am sure I can help you out just message me or add me on discord
BisdakiKobe#3503
11/21/2018 4:06 pm
2SurvivalGuys
No, I know my ip and when we changed we stayed with our previous ISP, Zyxel aka centurylink
11/22/2018 10:08 am
bisdakikobe
and your ip hasn't changed ?
11/22/2018 12:20 pm
2SurvivalGuys
now, my ip has changed to something slightly different. Is this because its dynamic? do you know how often it will change?
11/23/2018 12:42 pm
bisdakikobe
no one knows its up to ur ISP u will get used to it after sometime I can show you a work around though if you want
11/23/2018 2:39 pmhistory
2SurvivalGuys
what would work around be? is it a static IP? Message me for work around idea.
11/21/2018 1:37 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Modder
ComputerCraft32
I had the same problem, just let java through the firewall.
11/21/2018 2:44 pmhistory
2SurvivalGuys
If you mean this: comment on my post then I have done that and it doesn't work
12/04/2018 5:37 pm
2SurvivalGuys
updated my thread check it out
11/20/2018 11:51 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Engineer
ShelLuser
Depending on the router all you have to do is set up port forwarding, don't mess with the firewall. The only place where you might need to adjust the firewall is on the server itself; obviously you'll need to keep the Minecraft port open (25565 by default).

Keep in mind that not all ISP's will allow for this, it is possible that either the new router or your ISP doesn't support this anymore.
12/04/2018 5:37 pm
2SurvivalGuys
updated my thread check it out
11/21/2018 12:10 pmhistory
2SurvivalGuys
Would you know any online to that acts as an ISP checker so I could see if Minecraft is supported by that ISP? Also, I found Application Fowarding in my router settings (Zyxel) and Minecraft doesn't see to be in that list, by the M's its only Madden
11/21/2018 4:36 pmhistory
Level 57 : Grandmaster Engineer
ShelLuser
No, best option that I can come up with is to ask a friend to connect to your server. Use a website such as: https://whatismyipaddress.com/ to check, then sent that address to your friend and ask them to connect.

I'd definitely double check because some ISP's also don't hand out static ('never changing') IP addresses but often change yours.
11/21/2018 4:42 pm
2SurvivalGuys
So my ISP will change my external IP address if its dynamic?
11/20/2018 11:25 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Farmer
AwesomelyToad
You could also try this:

Open the System Preferences firewall page and click "Firewall Options" - Leave that open

Find your Minecraft application that you use to launch the game. Open it in finder, right click and do "Show Package Contents".

Navigate to : Minecraft > Contents > Runtime > jre-x64 > [Some java version - 1.8.0_xx] > bin

In "bin", drag java to the system preferences window to add it to the firewall whitelist. I have not grabbed somebody to test this yet though.
11/20/2018 11:08 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Farmer
AwesomelyToad
Maybe try this? https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3761905
If the suggested link doesn't work I can test a bit myself - Good luck!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome