I have a space-themed server idea... read more

JokerSlays's Avatar JokerSlays11/22/17 1:41 pm
1 emeralds 401 1
11/22/2017 3:01 pm
ChunkyJr's Avatar ChunkyJr
Hello! My name is Joker (not my real name) and I have been going back and forth in my head about this server concept for the past month or so and I would like some feedback. However, I would first like to briefly introduce myself to you all.

I have owned two successful factions servers before. The first was the co-ownership of a server called LegionMC, a Roman-themed factions server that, over the course of 3 months, brought in over 8,000 unique players and maintained a steady 20-25 player base during most of the daytime hours.
My next server was the sole ownership of SolidusMC, a smaller affair that unfortunately ended after about two months due to problems with my hosting service and my general disinterest with the game as a whole. My (potential) new server will not be my first go at it and I'm sure that I will be able to procure a unique, grade-A factions experience.

Now for the actual idea:

I want to make a space-themed factions server that will set the player as a space explorer tasked to explore and conquer the newly discovered earth-like planet. The server itself will not be extravagantly built, but rather will be quite minimal with careful attention to detail as I would like to keep it simple and allow the player to enjoy a raw factions experience, almost as if they were literally discovering a new world for the first time. The spawn would be designed as the interior of a spaceship with portals to essential locations (a small world spawn, a pvp arena). I would like for the server to have a stable economy, not harsh but certainly not one where anyone can become a millionaire in a week.

As for ranks, because obviously donations are necessary, I hope that people will be open to purchasing ranks that do not contain OP armor, items or commands. Obviously, they will be worth the money but I want to keep balance in the server and not allow it to become pay-to-win. I want to give new players a chance to be able to become the 'gods' of the server based on how hard they grind, not how much they pay.

I have so many more cool ideas for this server, but I don't want to reveal too much right now. I'd love to read some of your thoughts on my idea regarding whether you would be interested in playing on the server or even helping me create it. I will likely need a good staff.
JokerSlays
Level 1 : New Miner