It's serious?

1 emeralds4 replies69 views
created 05/16/2019 3:34 pm by Warrior814
last reply 07/01/2019 6:34 pm
I see ugly servers with 50-100-200 players that just dropped some downloaded buildings for the maps, unconfigured and bugged plugins, and it's done, with 14-6 yrs old owners..
We made our servers about 3 yrs, well-configured, nice builds, (yes some areas need to be finished), and after 2 months it have 3-4 avg players daily.

I think I see now.
Make sh*t -> you'll be the king.
Make something nice and unique -> nobody care about.
We wait a week for it then if it not changed we close all servers.

- StormLands Staff.
Posted by avatar
Warrior814
Level 6 : Apprentice Network

comment Login or register to post a reply.

4 replies

07/01/2019 6:34 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Network
MissAlexandra
See, my take on it is, the main thing you need to do is get a basic server function running then worry about everything else later on... you can't expect 200 players overnite.

Also, I'd dout you have the capacity to hold those people reliably.

Also, small servers and networks don't mix
1. You don't have a playerbase to warrent the network.
2. the staff team will get overworked with server work as you havea network of servers.
3. If you have a small playerbase 1-10 people and you have 3 sub servers they usually drown the players.
4. waist of money as you could've used it to buy premium plugins ect.

Making servers is a learning curve and you will need to learn what works.

For me I have found somthing that is trending and I have been quick to open somthing playable. my main priority was releasing the server and build the playerbase whilst configuring extras. You may ask that you would need to keep reloading and restarting though plugman does an exelent job most of the time.

I have made around 7-8 servers and failed each time, Somthing keeps drawing me back to make a good server and this is the best i've gotten. I am a one woman team(Fornow) and it is good.
I get on average 2-3 people on daily. Yes not much but you have to bare in mind they are working as beta testers also(kinda lol)

If you would like to sell the servers DM me a price and i'll think about it
05/17/2019 8:40 am
Level 54 : Grandmaster Dinosaur
DinowCookie
Just putting something out there that works, even if stable or unique, is not going to grant you a player base out of the blue. To achieve that, you need to promote your server, enthuse people, have a network and be findable. Set-up is just one side of that coin, people and community is just as important.
05/17/2019 1:35 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Network
Warrior814
Sure I know but everybody write in forums that there's all the servers are same and nobody make something unique.

I think its unique, we started to grow a community and huge advertise, and nothing..
05/17/2019 4:06 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Network
MissAlexandra
So from what I can tell with businesses and servers is that once you have somthing playable/functional you should release it ASAP and everything else you can fix along the way. You want to get people on and playing the server

Planet Minecraft

Browse

Site

© 2010 - 2019
planetminecraft.com

Welcome