Kingdoms of Resdayn [1.1][Survival][Whitelist][iConomy]

Darkelfguy's Avatar Darkelfguy10/28/11 10:07 pm
6/30/2012 10:11 am
Darkelfguy's Avatar Darkelfguy
Kingdoms of Resdayn

Server IP: 46.105.237.103

About Kingdoms of Resdayn:
The server is now approaching it's seventh month of operation. We have a small, dedicated player-base, and we're growing in size, but at a decent pace. We're now Multi-World with two whole functioning worlds (an old 1.0 world, with about 4 towns) and our new 1.2 world (mostly empty with only 2 major settlements) which you can switch between at will. You can join an existing town(or towns), buy/sell buildings, go out and build your own town or build a house out in the middle of nowhere, or start a shop, or just explore for the fun of it. There are only a few restrictions on what you can do, mostly we just want you to go out and have fun. Once you're white-listed you're automatically a 'Regular' member with all the permissions you'd expect (including 7 /sethomes, which you get automatically), there is no wait time to become a 'Regular' member and you can go out and do what you want right away.

Our goal is to create a fun, but mature, survival server with a friendly small-community vibe (we're not really looking to become a big server). To that end, we do have a white list to help prevent griefing and to ensure we stay moderately sized (in keeping with a small community). But this is a server to have fun front and foremost, there's no hard (set in stone) requirements to join, and no building standards you have to meet before you can start, we're just looking for friendly and mature people.

In addition, we try to engage our players in a number of community activities, including build competitions, writing competitions, and an open Server Blog that any player can join as a contributor. Build Competitions happen every two weeks, and players are challenged to build a particular type of building using their own supplies. The winners of these competitions get free indie games and in-game rewards (such as diamonds, currency or special blocks). Likewise, we have Writing Competitions once a month, which utilizes the installed BookWorm mod to write and distribute books, and the winners of these Writing Competitions also get free indie games and other in-game rewards. As for our Server Blog, it's open to any would-be Blog Editor looking to write articles about Minecraft or about the Server. We're an open and friendly community, and we want to encourage players in their creative pursuits.

As an additional incentive for writers, who may or may not be interested in our writing competitions, we're now offering a new promotion. For every 5 (in-game) pages of quality (i.e. not just spammed) writing you do and send to the library (via /mailbox send Darkelfguy), you'll be rewarded with a diamond. So for example, supposed you wrote a 15 (in-game) page book and sent it to the library, you'd get three diamonds. Each in-game page is only about a paragraph long, so this isn't a particularly difficult challenge, but does encourage creative writing.

We've also started doing treasure hunts, where players are given a riddle describing a location. When a player solves the riddle, they find a treasure chest filled with a random assortment of goodies.

If this sounds like a server you'd be interested in, just post your In-Game-Name(ING) for Minecraft below and I'll pm you when you've been added to the whitelist. I will be doing a quick-background check beforehand, so if you've been banned/black-listed from another server it's best to disclose that information ahead of time.

Or, if you'd rather wait, we also have No-Whitelist-Weekend events where we take down the whitelist for the weekend and anyone can join (these events start on Friday afternoon and end on Sunday night). If you obey the rules, you'll then be automatically added to the whitelist.

Schedule of No-Whitelist Weekend Events (subject to change):
May 4th-6th.

Screenshots:
Bodrum (Spawn Town):
Night at the Docks
Evening on the cliffs
On the Edge
Build Towards the Sky
Lumber Mill
Woodland Residential District

Riverwatch (Old Spawn Town):
Night
Dusk
Day

Redaynia Village:
Town East-side
Night
Docks
Desert View
Outskirts
Gardens
Night 2
From the Sky
Farm

The Wasteland (WIP):
West Tower
West Tower 2
South Tower
Cerkal NPC Village

Lye'mora:
Dawn
Night
Night 2
From the sky

Fort Nerevarine:
Night

Ken's Landing:
Day

Server Information:
32 Slots
4.7gb Dedicated RAM
2.2gb Burst RAM (extra RAM)
100mbs connection
Hosted By: Redstone Host
Using CraftBukkit

Additional Server Information:

Server restarts once every 6 hours for optimal performance.
World saves every ten minutes.
A world backup is created once every 8 hours.
We also use rollbacks in case of griefing, in addition to world backups.

Plugin List:
AntiCreeper (Creepers still kill you, but not your creations!)
Dead Man's Chest (you won't lose items when you die)
Essentials
iConomy (Money!)
CommandShops (Create shops and buy/sell!)
Lockette (Protect your stuff!)
LogBlock (Reports griefers!)
WorldGuard (Anti-griefing mod)
MobBounty (get money from killing mobs!)
WorldEdit (Admin Use Only, required for WorldGuard)
Minequery (used for listing the server on MineStatus)
MultiVerse (multi-world support)
MCMMO (For skills, abilities, party chat, and item repair)
BookWorm (Write and read books!)
dynmap (live server map!)
PTweaks (memory management)
MailBox (send items by mail)
Wireless Redstone
Colored Signs

Important Rules:
NO GRIEFING!
Coarse and rude behavior will not be tolerated (No trashtalking!)
No stealing
No player-killing

Banned Players
ceribralninja - Banned on November 5th for griefing
Glarfugus - Banned on January 6th for griefing
metalhead726 - Banned on January 6th for griefing
cooltot101 - Banned on January 7th for player-killing and minor griefing
Rayes264 - Banned on January 8th for player-killing

For a full list of banned players, visit our Ban Page: http://kingdomsofresdayn.wordpress.com/the-ban-list/

Server Blog: http://kingdomsofresdayn.wordpress.com/

Server Forums: http://www.kingdomsofresdayn.com/forums/

Server Map: http://www.kingdomsofresdayn.com:8123/

Staff:
Darkelfguy (Admin and Server Owner)
Fizban (Admin and Tech Support)
Semparo (Admin)
Jackallock (Admin)
JoeAuriun (Moderator)
AikoHana (Moderator)

We are looking for more staff! Positions available include Moderators (max vacancy: 2). Please note, if you're interested in a staff position the important thing to remember is to NOT bug us about it! We're looking for mature, courteous and sensible individuals for our staff, and that means we need to get to know you first before we'll make a decision. Don't just ask for a position and expect to get it!

Also, we are looking for more blog editors for the Server Blog. This is open to any players on the server interested in contributing content. This content can be anything Minecraft/Server related, such as builds on the server, stories, personal opinion pieces about Minecraft, tutorials, player spotlights and interviews, etc… If you're interested, just let me know!

Thanks for taking the time to read about our server! We hope you like it!

EDIT: Updated post to include new mods and server upgrades.

EDIT 2: Updated post to include the newest mods.

EDIT 3: Update to include new Server Map and Forums

EDIT 4: Updated everything!

EDIT 5: More Updates
Darkelfguy
Level 5 : Apprentice Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/30/2012 10:11 am
Darkelfguy
Quick Update: We're running a No-Whitelist Weekend promotion. Everyone's welcome to try out the server between now and Sunday morning.
04/22/2012 10:25 am
Darkelfguy
Hey guys, we're just now re-opening the server to recruiting again. A few updates are listed below:

- New 1.2 world (works alongside our 1.0 world)
- New Competition: Treasure Hunts (solve riddles to find treasure)
- Sethomes increased to 7
- New Promotion: Get diamonds for writing books!
03/20/2012 9:00 am
Level 1 : New Miner
Tarnsman
IGN:tarnsman
03/20/2012 8:54 am
Surenkun
I would like to join the server

IGN: Surenkun

Past experience: I have never been banned, though I have been an Admin/Op builder on a server a little while ago, but sadly they had to take it down.
03/19/2012 1:50 pm
troglesnoff
Just wondering if i could join the server. My IGN is troglesnoff
02/10/2012 1:10 pm
Darkelfguy
Another quick update, we've upgraded the server up to 4.7gb of dedicated RAM and this appears to have ended the lag issues we were having before.

Also, between now and Sunday we're running our "No Whitelist Weekend" promotion, so anyone can come onto the server and check us out!
01/12/2012 2:24 pm
Darkelfguy
Server Notice:
Mojang released a new update today and naturally the server can't be updated without sacrificing our mods until Bukkit releases a new version that supports 1.1. So please, if you want to keep playing on the server, do NOT accept the update! Before you launch Minecraft, I'd also suggest making a backup of your Minecraft jar file (usually located under C:\Documents and Settings\New User\Application Data\.minecraft\bin) so if you do accidentally accept the update you won't be completely screwed.

If you do update by accident, check your Minecraft folder (located under C:\Documents and Settings\New User\Application Data\.minecraft\bin or whatever your computer username is) and check and see if there's a file called minecraft.old.jar or minecraft.backup.jar or minecraft.original.jar. If there is, simply rename that file to "minecraft.jar" (replacing the other minecraft.jar) and run Minecraft, it should reverse the changes made by the update and you'll be able to get on the server again.

If you can't find a backup jar file, get in touch with us on our forums and we'll help you as best we can: http://www.kingdomsofresdayn.com/forums ... ?f=6&t=307
01/06/2012 12:46 pm
Darkelfguy
And, we're back! After nearly two months, we are now accepting new players again! A lot's changed in the last couple of months, we changed Spawn (twice), built new cities, installed new mods, etc, etc...

And to celebrate, we're opening up the server to everyone this weekend. Between now and Sunday evening, anyone can join the server and check us out!
11/23/2011 2:44 pm
Darkelfguy
Server Update Information:
Alright, so it's been about 6 days since the major version 1.0 update to Minecraft and the server's still running on 1.81. We haven't been able to update yet because we'd be sacrificing our mods if we did, however, it's looking more and more likely that we won't be able to update the server at all for at least another week, probably longer.

I know most of our players cannot currently login, so I'd like to propose a question to the players on our server. Do you think we should go ahead and update the server and sacrifice our mods (keeping in mind that we'd regain access to them in about a week)? Please, if you could, go vote about this matter on the blog (link: http://kingdomsofresdayn.wordpress.com/). If, by Saturday, there is enough demand, I will update the server and sacrifice our mods (albeit temporarily).
11/18/2011 2:45 am
Darkelfguy
Important Server Notice:

Regarding the server and tomorrow's Minecraft Update, Kingdoms of Resdayn will NOT be updating right away to the new Minecraft release. The reason for this is because we have to wait until our mods get updated before we can go through with an update. This might take about a week. So please, if you're planning to play on the server, don't update your Minecraft client right away.

In other news, we'll be starting the third "No Whitelist Weekend" event tomorrow. Anyone can come and check out the server over the weekend without being whitelisted.
11/13/2011 11:30 am
Zenteer
Theres No PVP Right?
11/13/2011 4:55 pm
Darkelfguy
Well, no we don't allow PvP, but yes it's enabled. The reason why it's enabled is because we're moving over to a PvP Arena mod (which limits PvP to a small selected zone), but any players caught murdering other players (right now) are actually breaking the rules and need to be reported.
11/13/2011 11:30 am
Zenteer
IGN;Zenteer
11/11/2011 5:51 pm
Darkelfguy
Third Server Update: We now have a forums and server map for Kingdoms of Resdayn! You can find the forums here: http://www.kingdomsofresdayn.com/forums/
And the Server Map here: http://www.kingdomsofresdayn.com:8123/

In other news, "No Whitelist 'Why Are You Here Instead of Playing Skyrim' Weekend" has begun! Up until Sunday night, you can join the server without being whitelisted and try us out.
11/09/2011 2:06 pm
Neways
IGN: Neways

And a question: No TS/Vent?
11/09/2011 2:30 pm
Darkelfguy
Alright, you've been added to the whitelist! If you have any problems logging in, or just general advice/suggestions, let me know!

And to answer your question, no we don't have TS/Vent yet. It's something a couple of our other members have asked for, so I'm looking into it. But I probably won't have anything up for another week or so, at the earliest. Priority right now is to get a webhost and a forums up and running (which will hopefully be finished by Friday). Sorry about that, I'm mostly a one-man team at the moment and there's only so much I can do at once, but I will try to get that feature installed as soon as I can.
11/09/2011 6:28 am
Darkelfguy
Second Server Update: We've installed three new mods to the server that really help bring out some new RPG-lite mechanics. The new mods are Citizens (which allow us to add npcs to the server), BookWorm (write and read books! I cannot recommend this mod enough, every server should have it!), and the oft-requested MCMMO (which adds skills, abilities, party-chat and item repairs). Next up on our list of mods to install is mob-based arenas, PvP arenas, and dynmap.

Now with these new mods, the biggest change is going to be in how we handle quests, since we suddenly have quite a few more options than before. We're going to keep the current sign-based quests for now, but all future quests will be added using books and NPCs instead of those tedious signs. We'll have more updates on how the new questing systems work in the near-future (after we've gotten some more quests running using books and NPCs).

We also concluded our first "No Whitelist Weekend" Sunday night. Overall, I think it went fairly well. We did have one griefer (ceribralninja), but thanks to logblock and rollbacks, they were easily dealt with. We added several new names to the whitelist from this event, but if you weren't one of them, be sure to check us out again this weekend and we'll see if you fit in.

And yes, we are doing "No Whitelist Weekend" again this weekend. I'll announce the exact times at a later date (not that there's going to be much turnout, because, you know, SKYRIM!). If you're interested in checking us out but don't want to commit to a whitelist right away, feel free to investigate the server over the weekend.

BrianMessinaIgn: BrianMessina
No bans to my knowledge, hope to join you guys, looks like fun!

You already know this, but just to make it official, you've been added to the whitelist! Yay!
11/05/2011 6:56 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Explorer
BrianMessina
Ign: BrianMessina
No bans to my knowledge, hope to join you guys, looks like fun!
11/04/2011 3:12 pm
Darkelfguy
Quick server update (for 11/04/11):

The big news this time is the opening of a brand-new town and quest hub, Redaynia Village, and a new weekly event we'll be trying out for a while.

First things first though, I haven't really covered how quests work in Kingdoms of Resdayn yet so let's go over that. Basically, right now we have 3 types of quests players can try or create for other players. The first type of quest is your basic dungeon-raiding quest where you get a quest challenging you to beat a dungeon and collect the reward (usually found at the "end" of the dungeon). The second type is a simple fetch/puzzle type quest where you're requested to find an object or sometimes a hidden stash. The third quest type are settlement quests, these are mostly offered by Server Admins to encourage settlement of a particular area. Basically, settlement quests request a player to build a town or small village either at some specific coordinates or anywhere in a particular region. For the player to collect the reward for these quests, they have to meet specific requirements (eg: the number of buildings to be built) and there are additional bonus rewards for meeting secondary objectives like using creative building architecture and implementing a wide variety of color. These settlement quests are meant to be challenging (and recommended to be done in groups) but carry immense rewards for those who complete them.

Redaynia is a frontier town, hugging the border between a mountainous wilderness, grassy plains, and the Kimper'Fa Desert. It is the last stop of civilization before the endless desert wastes and the hostile vertical climbs of an expansive mountain range. It's also home to a number of quests, ranging from dungeons to settlement building. The Wasteland Settlement Company is actively looking for new workers to build trade routes through the desert and to settle new towns on the far side. One can find and accept such quests at their offices in Redaynia and in the nearby NPC Village of Cerkal. Searching through the wasteland desert, you can find an array of dungeons, from pyramids to ancient ruins, beckoning to be explored. For those less keen on dungeon-raiding, Redaynia Village has a Dungeon Shop where you can buy supplies to build your own dungeon.

Quests can be found on quest-boards located in towns or out in the wilderness (typically along a road).

*New Screenshots added to the top post*

On to our new weekly event, we're trying something called "No Whitelist Weekends", which will allow anyone to get on the servers from Friday afternoon until Sunday night. This is so people can come on and see if they like the server before committing to a whitelist (which isn't really a big commitment, but ah well). We do have logblock, worldguard, and a number of other mods to prevent griefing, so hopefully this won't be an issue.
11/01/2011 11:51 pm
Darkelfguy
Server Update! We've upgraded the server up to a 32 slot with increased performance and RAM.
We've also installed some new mods, including Mob Bounty, WorldEdit, and Minequery.

lmaciasIGN: lmacias 14

Alright, you've been added to the whitelist! Thanks for checking us out and if you have any problems logging in, or have any suggestions or advice for improving the server, just let me know.
10/30/2011 11:55 pm
lmacias
IGN: lmacias 14
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome