Looking for a server to be staff on.

CodingAndScripts's Avatar CodingAndScripts8/21/17 10:01 pm
1 emeralds 111 1
8/21/2017 11:23 pm
LatitudeNorth's Avatar LatitudeNorth
Hello! I am looking for a server to be staff on. I have been searching over the web for a good server and has not found one. I am 14 years of age and need a server. I don't want to be staff on a server that is not paid because it has a default ip. If you have a PAID server, message me or replay with the ip and i'll be happy to help!

-CodingAndScripts
CodingAndScripts
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/21/2017 11:23 pm
Level 44 : Master Birb
LatitudeNorth
I like your forward approach. However, here are some things to consider if you really want to be a staff member.

-Remember, even if you think that you are "above your age" in maturity or intellect, you really shouldn't judge that yourself. Also, a lot of servers prefer staff that are a bit older.

-Asking for a "Paid" server is like a girl saying she'll only marry over six foot. You have to start somewhere when it comes to servers, and sometimes sitting on a "0.0.0.0:25565" for a while is just the segway to a better server. Often times, people who stick with a server from that 25565 are the ones that are highly respected and considered the most likeable, because they put their time, effort, and determination into helping the server.

-Planet Minecraft is... okay for trying to get recruited, but if you really want to become a staff member on a server, I'd honestly recommend one of the following:
-Applying on a server's website after making an account on it and being active. Most servers I've been on have pretty big minimums on that (6 months to a year and about 8-ish hours per week) so this is probably one of the more time consuming, but most reliable, way to get a staff tag.
-Find a private group to work with. Friends, old coworkers/staff friends are usually a better way to score a spot in staff than just kinda asking. This does mean you do have to make friends, but places like discord (and here, but you do kinda have to be active for that) and other social networks can help you connect with people thinking about the same thing.
-Starting your own server. It's difficult, trust me, but sometimes starting your own server and seeing how hard it is to so much as get it running will help you develop a sense of the responsibility a server owner takes on, and why they would be looking for skilled and familiar faces for their team.

-Try to look professional. I'm going to be a tiny bit critical here because I've done some staffing before, but like I've mentioned above, owners and high-rank staff will want someone who's ready to argue their case with evidence and good grammar (the I in "I'll" should be capitalized, head's up). I would recommend, perhaps, expanding this article with maybe a few sub titles, and then a short paragraph-ish on your experience, responsibility skills, etc so that everything's organized. That way, if someone sees this article and decides they could use a new staff, they can jump to the title they think is most important and read from there.

-Experience is very important in moderation on a server. If you have some skills from, perhaps, drama, student body, etc. that can help raise eyebrows and get some more attention. Also, other servers and how long you worked there can tell a server owner how well you are at keeping and working at a job.

Sorry if I was a bit of a bore, but I hope this helped. ~Time
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome