Looking for players to help start up a semi vanilla SMP server for PC

elektropunch's Avatar elektropunch11/23/17 2:06 am
1 emeralds 497 4
1/22/2018 1:45 pm
PryzmTheDragon's Avatar PryzmTheDragon
Have been playing Minecraft since Alpha 1.2.6 and have had that desire to have my own server. Looking for players who still actively play PC Minecraft who would be willing to commit to helping another player out with starting up and running a dedicated server.

Experience wise:

I ran servers for several years in the old Minecraft Classic

www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH3QMUDY9Kc
www.youtube.com/watch?v=GefZ1fFeFzM

The two above videos are years ago, but they are servers that I ran and helped run with others. I have moderation experience in SMP. I even ran a SMP server for a few months with another player in 2013. Running a server is not my first rodeo, so I hope I don't come across as inexperienced. True, I could do it all by myself, but I want to form a group here and have some team effort.

Currently the server in formulation stages, its not up and running and I have not yet decided on a host. I am currently talent scouting, looking for players to help out with getting the server up and running and helping out with other aspects such as building.

Right now I am looking for people with technical experience running a server, performing maintenance, and have experience using a wide variety of plugins and also server software like Bukkit, Spigot, Sponge, etc.

I am also looking for experienced builders, players who have good experience with redstone usage, command block usage, and also social media ambassadors who would be responsible for server promotion, website creation/maintenance. I am also looking for players who have been staff (mod/admin) before, but I will say that there is a 18+ age range when it comes to that, sorry.

I am ideally looking for other adults here. I find my best experiences with running a server and moderation/administration comes through other adults. I have no issues with players under the age of 18 having other positions however.
Responses to this post should be descriptive. Please respond with the following

IGN:
Bio: (a bit about you, how long have you been playing, what platforms have you played on)
Position (what position do you believe you are capable of fulfilling)
Experience (provide listings of experience you have, it doesn't matter to me if its a current project or its a project from years ago, videos and screenshots help, links to places help as well, so do references)

I have a discord for easier contact as well Submachiner#5710
elektropunch
Level 25 : Expert Pirate

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/22/2018 1:45 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
PryzmTheDragon
Is your server still a thing or did you drop the idear already? I tried to reach you on Discord but i think i can only message you when you accept me. I am currently looking for a vanilla server. Well your posted server will not be completely vanilla but it sure got my interest XD. I would even apply for staff but im not someone who plays one game straight. Youd have to get along with me being not around for a couple of months sometimes. However i could be talked around in hosting a Discord server. Might grow big when your server starts off but i could try getting a bit more experience than running a small server for a IG guild i have. If i actually like your server i might even start being a Youtuber there. While i only have a pretty small Channel atm i hope i will grow one time. Tho im still looking for someone who would play togerther with me. Allone is not really my style sadly. Tho maybe i can do something like the Youtuber JackSucksAtLife if you`d let me to and ban/troll hackers one day XD. You will surely need a hacker cage then ;). Eh yeah anyway on to my original question. Can i be one of the first players to try out the server? I get sick of single player. Friends currently show no interest into mc.
11/25/2017 2:12 am
Level 1 : New Miner
Impossibleminecraft
impossibleminecraft
mountain
i have played since classic. i am a youtuber
I can be technical and map design
11/25/2017 1:16 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Network
almostanadult
hey!
IGN: hyungteo
Timezone: cst
Bio: Hello my name is Aeni (but in English I think its Annie) I've been playing since 2012, and I have built a lot, I am also a digital artist, and attend sva in NY, NY. I mostly played on computer the whole time and enjoy playing whenever I finish a long project and am bored or when I have nothing to do.
position: I'm not sure but I would love to help
Experience: I have done graphics for a lot of groups in other games, and I love to experiment with different things when building. I don't really do much but I could be of some help if you want.

~ Aeni
11/25/2017 12:51 am
Level 25 : Expert Pirate
elektropunch
Since I cannot edit my post here is an updated listing of information

Hello. Currently in the process of forming a team of people who would to long term or permanent positions on a server.

The server is not yet operational. Still in the process of finding people who will jump on board when the server becomes operational sometime in December 2017 or January 2018. Just making that clear right now.

I have a developer who is willing to provide service to the technical side of the server, its software and its plugins.

The server structure is still being decided on as well. Right now it will have a spacey type feel to it. Think of yourself as a explorer of an uncharted region of space, exploring an uncharted planet and its different biomes. This is not a roleplay server however.

The starting area where players spawn will be a space craft, which has hubs for shops, arena, creative, mob grinder, rules/information.

Players would exit out of that area, into a larger area that is much like a solar system. Each planet would link to a different biome. The Nether for example would be the Sun at the center. The end would be a black hole area situated somewhere outside of the solar system itself.

The server would be a mix of SMP and Anarchy. The main world would have a protected Anarchy free region where players can purchase areas of land and set up a residence, however anything outside of the Anarchy free region is well... Anarchy. Anything goes.

The server will have plugins and also custom plugins that are created and implemented by our developer.

However much more is needed. Before I can even get this server operational I need people who are willing to committ to positions.

I am currently looking for:

Players: People who would be interested in joining the initial beta phase of the server, once its operational. Your service would be rewarded with in game items. Looking for a limit of five people with this.

Builders: People who have experience building spawn hubs, spacecraft, planets, etc.

Redstone Engineer: People who are experienced with redstone engineering. Also people who are experienced with command block usage

Staff: Am in need of people who have experience and are proven to be reliable, honest, trustworthy, respectful and responsible when it comes to holding a staff position.

Staff on this server is broken into three groups

Archon: The server owner

Overseer: The server's administration team

Enforcer: The server's moderation team

I have a staff application for those who would be interested in applying and joining as Overseer or Enforcer. Please note that staff positions are limited players who are at least 18 years of age. Anyone younger than that will be automatically rejected.

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScZSo_GOtdnalxqwOUN8Ebk1FCe6v4TeZ_c2sDabYkjHR1yyw/viewform

For any other positions please respond with the following

Minecraft Username:

Timezone:

How often would you be on the server:

Bio:

Position:

Experience: (this is important, please provide examples of your experience with the position you are applying for, screenshots, videos, references, links to other servers, github, etc)

I have a discord for those who would like to chat easier. Submachiner#5710

A bit about me:

I am a male, 30 years of age, I live in the United States. I have been playing Minecraft Survival since October of 2010. I remember Minecraft when the Nether was non-existent. I have been on a variety of servers. Before I played Minecraft Survival I spent time playing Minecraft Classic. I ended up holding moderation/administration positions on a variety of Classic servers and even ran two servers myself:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH3QMUDY9Kc

www.youtube.com/watch?v=GefZ1fFeFzM

In 2013 I with another Minecraft player ran a server for a few months, however the hosting service we had flipped the bird and screwed us over. However I have been desiring starting up a new server. Which leads me to advertising around, looking for players with an interest in helping out form a team and start up a server.

When it comes to servers. I have played on several over the last seven years, and have played on a variety of different modes of gameplay. I started playing Minecraft with Anarchy/Factions servers, so this server would have a bit of that, as a throwback to my early years of Minecraft.

When it comes to moderation/administration and other mechanics, I am a fair person. I believe in equal rewards and equal punishment. I speak softly, carry a big stick. I don't believe in favoritsm or elitism. I also do not believe in the pay to win model that has overtaken many servers out there. This server would have donations of course, but the only thing a player would get out of donating is nothing more than a Thank You.

I also believe in putting the Community first. I actively make the community well informed on decisions and also offer their input, comments, suggestions, etc and possibly make decisions for the server and community themselves.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome