Looking for staff!

coolfunfunfun's Avatar coolfunfunfun3/22/16 5:07 pm
1 emeralds 109 2
3/22/2016 5:31 pm
Fetty_Wapp's Avatar Fetty_Wapp
Hi, my name is Alex, I am the CEO of DTR's Factions server. We are looking for some dedicated players who may some day be staff members!
Our IP:
dtfactions.mcpro.co
See you there!
coolfunfunfun
Level 16 : Journeyman Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/22/2016 5:24 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
10Moose10
Hello, everyone. My in game name is xMoose_ . I am here because I would like to find a server that is in need of administrators and the like. Now, you may be saying to yourself or a friend currently, "Look at this desperate guy, begging people for a position." However, this is not the case, guy with or without a friend. I am simply offering my skills to any servers in need. I am in no way pleading anyone for any rank whatsoever. So, now that I've cleared that up, here is my application:

Age: Alright. I know this may sound humorous, maybe even ridiculous, but I do ask you to hear me out beforehand. I am 14 years of age. This does not mean I am immature. In fact, I am a very mature and responsible person. I understand this is a very young age, and it is the standards of many that I be much, much older than this. I accept and understand this. However, it is my belief that age doesn't matter. Maturity does. Sure, most eleven-year-olds are very immature, always screaming when they lose a Call Of Duty round and whining when they do not get their way. This is not the case with me. I accept losses with dignity and respect. I do not whine, I do not scream, I do not complain. I simply accept it as a failure and work to turn that failure around. Because of this, I see no reason why age would be a factor at all in my case. However, I know when to stop and when I'm taking it to far. I know the difference between joking around and complete childishness.

IGN: My in-game-name is xMoose_ . This is because I had created this account when I was younger, and because I could not think of anything else. I had just decided to combine a nonsensical word with my name and my favorite symbol out came xMoose_. I have used this ever since.

What can I bring to this server: Oh this is quite the difficult question, the reason being that the normal "n00b" would say that they could make the server famous or cool. I refuse to say such a thing. Instead, I will give a sensible answer with reasonable explanations. Here it is:

Devloper, This also adds the fact of configurating plugins, I think the best place is to help servers grow. have many experiences with configurating plugins. As, I did with other servers. I can work for free, but if you wanna throw some cash your more than welcome!

One of the things that I could bring to this server is that I could bring a kind, respectful, and polite community. Please reread the sentence if you believe that it contradicts my previous statement. I am not saying that I could make this server popular or famous. I am saying that I could assist in creating a helpful community with polite and dedicated players that are just there to play, not to grief, troll, spam, scam, etc. Instead of these statements, I will have a community that thrives on the ideals of respect and kindness. I could help create a server with minimal rule-breaking whatsoever.

Another thing that I could help bring would be a superb staff team. Now, I do realize that administrators are not staff managers. There is a clear difference between the two. However I have recognized that administrators have a clear role in running and assisting in setting up a trustworthy, helpful staff team. I will assure the owner, co-owner, staff manager, etc. that this is so.

Experience: I realize that this is quite unexpected that a 14 would have experience as a staff member. However, as stated, I am not a typical child. I am far more mature than thy/oe average bear. I have proven this to other people. Thus, I have experience.

Experience as moderator: Most of my experience as a staff member is from being a server moderator. I have been moderator on several different servers in the past that either closed or I was forced to resign from because of either personal issues or because my schedule was already booked on other servers. These servers gave me much experience as a staff member and it helped me learn the ropes of basic commands. and a regular moderator on a few other servers. These do not cause any problems schedule-wise, and I can definitely squeeze another serer in there.

Experience as administrator: I have been an Admin on a few consecutive servers. Two of them were just starting, and closed a bit after its launch. However, it had given me the proper experience necessary for me to say that I had gained administrative skills. The next server was a decent-sized one, with a pretty good community of players. However, at that point I was slightly losing interest and decided to quit Minecraft for a while. However, that was a while back and my interest has greatly returned since. The next one I am still admin on and people love me that comes onto the server!

Why I would like to be an administrator/developer: First off, I would like to state that I do not want this job purely for commands. I want this job because I wish to gain experience as a member of staff, as well as assist a server in need. I wouldn't even bother creating this thread if all I wanted was commands. I want this job because I wish to meet new people, as well as interact with and assist a new server, or a server down on its dumps. I have realized a while ago that two people can't manage a server. That wouldn't work. They need loyal staff that would stay with the server through thick and thin. That's why I created this thread; to offer server owners in need the chance to hire an experienced, trustworthy, mature staff member who is willing to give his time to a server. Nothing more, nothing less. Also, I would like to add That configuration does take time and developing and administrator is the same thing, almost.

Skills that I have: The following are the skills that I have that are necessary of a staff member to have.

-Maturity: As stated throughout this application, I am very mature for my age. I know when to take problems seriously, and when to not. I am most certainly nota whiny brat who screams when he doesn't receive something that he wants. I don't feel it's necessary to divulge in this again because I've explained it in a detailed manner above.

-Responsibility: I am a very responsible person. I take my work seriously, and I always turn it in on time. I keep in mind my due date and I do my work every time I am tasked with it.

-Experience: As stated in its own section, I am experienced in several ranks of staff. I am not going to divulge in this either, as it literally has its own section.

-Helpfulness: I enjoy helping everyone, including "noobs". I find it quite intellectually stimulating having to think of the best possible solutions to the problem that the player has brought up.

These are just a few skills that I have, with plenty more.

Interpretation of the duties of administrator/developer: This is another difficult question. Most people would just say one thing that an Admin does, but the truth is that the number of duties of an administrator is uncountable. An admin is basically a jack-of-all-trades. They assist with running the server, with building, even helping moderators keep the chat clean. They do, to put it in basic words, practically anything. They are usually entrusted with access to the console, and when the Owner or Co-Owner is not online, the administrator is in charge. This is a summary of everything that an Admin does. Now, Developer is where I would take time and effort into making the plugins how you want them. It may take a while, but I can get a job well done.

Summarized information:

Minecraft Username: xMoose_
Country And Timezone: USA - EST
Previous server managing experience: CortexPvP, VoidCraft, and CraftMineRepeat. All of which had 50+ players and 25 or more staff members.
Why should I choose you to help manage my server?
You should choose me because I am one of the best out there. I can handle any and all situations from power abuse to death threats.

What would you contribute with?
I would manage the staff team, build, and help with customer support / technical issues.

How often are you able to handle occuring problems and administating the server? (Hours per day) 3+ on weekdays and possibly 8 a day on weekends.

Any plugin developing experience or coding experience?:
As of currently, no. I am however saving up to go to classes for it.

Customer support experience?:
I had a part time job with one of my friend's dad and he tought me everything I need to know and how to handle issues and situations very easily. I was the only one working there for the time being and was overwhelmed at some points, and since then I have found how to handle many things at the same time.

Thank you for taking the time to read my application. I spent several hours writing this thread so I do hope you take this into consideration. If you have any questions, please add me on skype: walkerfamilyusa
03/22/2016 5:31 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Fetty_Wapp
Nice, copy pasted.... I've seen this app on every single thread...
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome