☖Minecraft Frontiers☖ ~ Interactive World, Now Recruiting

MinecraftFrontiers's Avatar MinecraftFrontiers2/21/15 4:05 pm
1 emeralds 1.1k 40
1/25/2016 5:47 pm
MinecraftFrontiers's Avatar MinecraftFrontiers

Don't play, be alive.

http://www.minecraftfrontiers.com

So you are here looking for something interesting and new? You are in the right place! Read on and get to know our idea - an idea that will not only completely change the way people play Minecraft, but will bring back what many videogames are missing.

GRAND OPENING THIS SATURDAY

Reserve your place now!

About us:
I'm Tom, 23 years old, studying Psychological Research (you know, reading people's mind and stuff). I love a good story, enjoy games and meeting people from all walks of life. The number one thing that makes games fun for me is immersion - if it can make me believe I am there for just a minute, I'm sold.

Quite a few people were interested in my idea and now we have a team of about 8 people working on and off, trying to deliver this beast of a project! We have Matt, a champion at everything from organising staff to managing plugins. Thokie, our awesome builder, has been placing blocks into some pretty neat formations (screenshots below!). We have a couple of lore writers thinking up impressive stories that are both original and make sense. It's all blending together great - and there is always space for new talent.

So that's our passionate team, here to create a bold new frontier.

The Project:
Think of an RPG server with classes, quests, levels and a storyline that guides your character from a nobody to the savior of the world.
Now throw that idea out the window!

When we sat down to design this experience, it was instantly obvious that majority of games out there are the same old thing, just slightly different settings. Our goal is to make a player experience that is like nothing you've played before. We call it a living universe.

What is a living universe?

• Plays on its own - it lives without the need for a single player. Farmers plant crops to make a living. Bakers buy the wheat and sell their bread to others in the marketplace. Politicians make big decisions for citizens and collect taxes. Warriors explore the wilderness and defend trade caravans. It is constantly interacting with itself, resulting in a completely dynamic experience.

• Smart NPCs - so the above sounds like the smartest NPC system there could be, right? Well there is more. NPCs chat with each other, share their experiences and knowledge. Did a thief steal from a caravan on the other side of town? Well the other trader won't know about it - unless someone told him! The goal is for each NPC to have a meaningful life, making decisions on a daily basis - possibly being "smarter" than most players!

• Expanding towns - if a city prospers and the villagers are happy enough to make love, politicians will start thinking about expanding the town. If you don't log in for a month of two, chances are you will come back to a very different place - full of new buildings not created by the admins, but planned and built by the NPCs!

• Dynamic economy - the town economy goes beyond supply and demand. If warriors bring back rare weapons, the old iron daggers will drop in value - but that's not it by far. A player set up a new bakery that makes tastier and cheaper breads than the old bakery in town? Locals will quickly realise and start enjoying the new yummy breads. Shame on the old greedy baker who is now out of a job!

The Players:

So we have a world that lives on its own. Where does the player come in? That is the beauty of it all. You log in and have a meaningful decision to make! Who will you be? There are literally hundreds of possibilities and our team is here to let you be who you want to be. Through systems promoting roleplay and interaction, we let you blend into the already living world.

You not only get to explore this rich universe, but since everything is dynamic, you also get to change it! Things you do and the way you spend your time really makes an impact. No more RPGs where you log in with level 1, stop playing a month later and no single soul cares. As soon as you log in, the world has already changed!

We keep our fellow roleplayers at heart, letting you do things like:

• Write your own lore - and if you ever get in trouble, don't be surprised the elected senator can dig the local library to find out records on your character.
  • Own valuable property - no endless plots. If you want to own a building at the heart of the town, you have to work for it. But if you are lucky enough to own that tavern in the town square, you bet all those NPCs will flock to your events!
  • Be known - both players and NPCs will get to know you over time. If you feel like it, you can even dabble in politics to really stir things up.

Community interaction:

Our team is here to make each player feel at home. This can be as simple as the ability to a chat with our staff, or as unexpected as getting a surprise care package through post (provided players leave us their address).

We are fully dedicated to both running regular events that bring people together, but also supporting players to run their own. In the end, we are not making this for the happy NPCs, but for the players!

We are not in it for the money, but because we are confident in our ability to deliver something groundbreaking!

Who we need?
Anyone who is interested in this idea! The more talented people we get on board, the better project we can deliver. We seek motivated, active people that want to get involved. That said, there is no need for staff members who will not be directly contributing to the project - if you simply want to "be a mod", there is no space for you on our team.

Builders - you enjoy working with new settings, creating builds that are usable and functional. You are not perfect at everything, but can deliver to a certain standard of quality. Your builds promote exploration in players and are detailed enough to offer immersion.

Lore - you love everything about writing. Whether it is a small biography for an NPC, or a detailer history of a region, you are happy to dream up unique, but believable stories. You can work on your own, but also are able to share your progress with others regularly.

Community Team - you are excellent when it comes to interacting with others. Posting on the forums is a hobby and you love to keep track of various social media channels. You are good with words and professional enough to represent our brand in a way we can depend on.

Interested in any of the roles? You're in luck, we are always recruiting! There are no requirements, only to be passionate and good at what you want to do!

If you love the project, but don't want to apply for our team, then make sure to stay in contact with us! Head over to our website at (http://www.minecraftfrontiers.com), signup for our newsletter, register for our forum, and read our blog posts! We send out information often!

If you skipped any of this thread, you are missing out! This truly is a revolutionary project not only as a minecraft server, but as a community platform in general. If you are interested in being part of this, drop us a reply and we will get in touch!
MinecraftFrontiers
Level 2 : Apprentice Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/25/2016 5:47 pm
MinecraftFrontiers
We are looking for one or two mature (preferably 18+) community team members.

As the project is constantly growing, with new features added regularly, we are looking to form a dedicated community team. The tasks would mainly include contact with players, running and scheduling bi-weekly events, forum coordination and interaction with the other teams.

If you are interested, please do get in touch. We are a tight knit, but fairly professional team. Working on Minecraft Frontiers is an extremely rewarding experience, so don't hesitate to let us know!
12/15/2015 1:00 pm
MinecraftFrontiers
I have a huge update for everyone who has been following us over the years!

Our server is having a grand opening this Saturday. We have an impressive list of features lined up for the opening, including:

• Politics, elections, taxation.
  • Plot ownership, 9 unique player houses, 16 town buildings to construct together.
  • NPC dialogues - a custom system allowing for dynamic conversation.
  • Economy, goods export, banking.
  • Fully custom combat, with NPC integration.
  • Crafting custom items, dynamic harvesting, recipe experimentation.
  • A large land for you to explore, with several dungeons and points of interest.

We are excited to finally start sharing our work with others. If you are interested in joining us for the release event (Saturday noon PST), or simply play around in our sandbox universe, visit our beta registration thread.
09/02/2015 1:45 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
gill8672
Is this dead or still being worked on?
06/17/2015 1:45 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
PespiKnight
I would love to do some lore-writing if you wouldn't mind! May I please be tested or become a lore-writer?

If so, my IGN is PepsiKnight, and my skype username is also PepsiKnight... My email account is also PepsiKnight@outlook.com

Thanks in advance!
06/17/2015 1:11 pm
Level 1 : New Network
Saphiria
We are still looking for people!
04/06/2015 7:37 pm
MinecraftFrontiers
The team is growing steadily, but still has space for a few more members. Particularly builders!
04/05/2015 5:32 pm
MinecraftFrontiers
Our plugins now use central databases, meaning we can fit more NPCs onto the server than we originally planned!
04/03/2015 5:57 pm
MinecraftFrontiers
Always looking for new builders. If you are interested, get in touch!
03/31/2015 5:55 pm
MinecraftFrontiers
We have just released an interview with Sam, our head lorewriter. Every wondered what it takes to design a gripping setting for a video game? Read our post now!
03/30/2015 7:58 pm
MinecraftFrontiers
New newsletter coming out tomorrow! Sign up on our website and don't miss out on any exclusives we might send out.
03/22/2015 10:21 pm
ToNoobForYou
If I wasent interested I wouldn't be checking up on my application, but alright thanks for your time. I'll resign my application.
03/22/2015 9:33 pm
Pro_SuRRoGate
Hey guys, i know you are really busy, I've joined your forums and introduced myself on there as well as join the mailing list, hence I'm really interested, and i have no other applications anywhere else, i was wondering, when you guys get the time, who i can talk to, to join the team in this.

Thanks in advance,

Chris
03/22/2015 10:00 pm
MinecraftFrontiers
Hey Chris,
you seem like a really nice guy. It would be nice to chat about the project.
I actually added you on Skype a couple of hours ago. If you didn't get the request, feel free to add me directly (Skype: sixmonthsinaustralia)
03/22/2015 8:41 pm
ToNoobForYou
Okay, so I'm assuming I didn't get the job. Alrighty
03/22/2015 8:48 pm
MinecraftFrontiers
We have been quite busy over the past few days, hence your application not being processed yet.

That said, we are only looking for truly interested people. When a person applies to many servers at once, it means you are not interested in our server specifically. For that reason, we can not accept you at this time.

If you would like, I suggest you join the mailing list on our website to stay updated on our progress and join as a player once we are ready to release!
03/22/2015 8:06 pm
MinecraftFrontiers
Wonder what is unique about our currency system? Read up on our latest blog post to find out!
03/20/2015 1:37 am
ToNoobForYou
03/20/2015 12:58 am
Pro_SuRRoGate
Hey! I'd love to join this amazing sounding project!
My name is Chris,(IGN: Pro_SuRRoGate), and I am a 20 yr old combat medic for the National Guard, going to school to be a music producer, currently a sophomore at Full Sail University Online. Id like to be part of the lore team, and if you need help with building i can do that as well. My experience in helping with servers dates back to 2012 as an admin on a few servers, a mod on a few servers, a Co-owner on 2 different FTB servers, and a helper with plug-ins. My experience in writing lore isn't too extensive but I'm currently working on a dōjinshi for Dragon Ball, called Dragon Ball Ascension, once the first chapter storyboard has been drawn i'll send it to you.

Thanks in advance,
Chris

P.S My Skype is Chris.becker10, my email which is easiest way to contact me is BeckerMusicUnlimited@gmail.com
03/15/2015 7:59 am
MinecraftFrontiers
coolalexguy7-snip-

MegaKid22-snip-

All positions are open, but as we've recently had a lot of lore writers apply, space is limited to only the best of the best. I'll add you both on skype.
03/15/2015 4:06 am
Level 1 : New Network
Psyx
Hi,
this actually sounds interesting, and I would love to see this server grow and progress. Although being a lore-writer is my preferred choice, if you have too many writers, being a member of the Community Team would be great.

Details:
IGN: SSND
Experience: Other than writing papers for school, not much.
03/15/2015 3:43 am
Level 1 : New Crafter
LemonEater
Hi my name is Tyrone, I'm a 14 year old Australian guy that thinks this is an awesome idea! I have been playing minecraft since I was 11 and would be exceptionally happy if you would add me to skype: tyrone005

I am an experienced builder and I am also good with people I am interested in helping anyway possible!

~ Tyrone
03/15/2015 3:19 am
coolalexguy7
Do you still have any openings for lore writing? I've always loved just thinking up ideas for a stories and this really is something I'd be able to enjoy. My Skype name is alex.hicks86.
03/14/2015 5:30 pm
Pro-Backup
Love your project idea, please add me my skype is kristijonas.zaleskis .
A little about myself and how I would like to help:

IGN: Pro_Backup
Interests: Helping others, Photoshop.

If you still need members on the Community Team and or you just need help in general I would love if you considered me for joining this project. Also a quick question, if you become a community member can you still play on the server as a normal person?
03/14/2015 4:30 pm
MinecraftFrontiers
BREAKING NEWS: Minecraft Frontiers Update

Senator Pertentus has just been found dead. The Senatorial Auditor has given a speech regarding his death... Read about it now on our forums! This is one of our first public lore releases, so scour it for clues about our upcoming world.
03/13/2015 11:53 am
MinecraftFrontiers
XxStormcrafterxXI'm sorry I just noticed that you replied to my comment last week.

Welcome to the team!
03/12/2015 11:31 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Explorer
XxStormcrafterxX
I'm sorry I just noticed that you replied to my comment last week.
Here is my contact information:
Name: Will Ashworth
Please contact me soon, I would love to be apart of this amazing opportunity!
Also I would like to either just be apart of the staff team or a builder if you still need some, I'll send you screenshots over skype if you need them.
03/12/2015 11:09 am
MinecraftFrontiers
Breaking News: Minecraft Frontiers Update

Do you like raising taxes on your citizens? Do you enjoy balancing budgets and constructing new town buildings? Are you a politician at heart? Well go check out the new post on our website! If you want instant updates about when we post new content, sign up for our mailing list. We also give away free gifts to subscribers of our list and reveal secret information... add your email address here.
03/08/2015 9:44 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Dolphin
willis1450
This honestly sounds like my dream server. I love writing, and this server seems so organized and AWESOME!!

IGN: Willis

You can message me on here, or Kik me: will_broda
I also have an email: williambroda@yahoo.com.
Thanks!
03/09/2015 4:33 pm
MinecraftFrontiers
Hi Willis!
Our primary means of communication is text chat on skype, so it would be really helpful if you had that as well. You can pass your details along to me in a PM if you'd like. However, I'd also recommend that you sign up for our newsletter and register for our forums on our website http://www.minecraftfrontiers.com so you can stay totally up-to-date. Look forward to hearing from you!
03/09/2015 4:49 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Dolphin
willis1450
I created an account! Add me! My username is: willis_wizodd
Can't wait to chat with ya'!
03/08/2015 8:33 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Farmer
Onishii
I would lovelovelove to join! I love writing, and this seems like a wonderful opportunity to do so!

And it sounds supersuper fun <333
03/08/2015 8:41 pm
MinecraftFrontiers
We would love to have you on board!
Could you pass me your contact details (Skype preferably)? That way I can forward you to our main lore writer - a really friendly guy. He would be happy to tell you how we writes and how you can help him out.
03/08/2015 7:39 pm
MinecraftFrontiers
Make sure to read our latest post on the lore of the server!
03/08/2015 5:13 pm
MinecraftFrontiers
Our latest blog post discussed ore mining and why that is an important feature to tackle the right way.

Read more about our planned system here.
03/06/2015 9:55 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
ArcaneInsanity
This honestly looks amazing, if you are still accepting staff, where can I apply?
03/07/2015 4:58 pm
MinecraftFrontiers
XxStormcrafterxXI would love to play something like this, what is the IP, and what can I do to help?

Really glad to see you guys interested in the project! We do not have a publicly available server yet - there simply isn't a polished enough experience for people to play in at this stage.

That said, we are always looking for more team members!

Could you reply to this forum thread, stating which team you would be interested in (Builder/Lore), what your Skype is, and briefly mentioning some of your relevant experience? This is to keep a record of the application so it can be processed by relevant staff members.

Looking forward to working with you soon!
03/06/2015 9:50 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Explorer
XxStormcrafterxX
I would love to play something like this, what is the IP, and what can I do to help?
03/06/2015 9:40 pm
MinecraftFrontiers
Boy, the project has really picked up speed over the last three weeks!

We have a new lore-writer, who has been pumping out quality lore on a daily basis. No professional writer would have to be ashamed of the pieces we have waiting for our players!
The builders have made a push to finish Elpida, the city at the core of our experience. It is shaping out great. The town is full of personality, important property and hidden secrets for players to explore.

I have been working on our gameplay and plugins. We now have over 12 custom plugins and the number is rising every day. These inclue fully custom crafting, adaptive ore respawning, taxation and requisition shipping, custom books and items, basic implementation of our NPCs, statistics published to our website in real-time and much more. The next step ahead is putting together our towns plugin, which will allow players to literally shape the world everyone plays in - increase taxes, build new production chains, resell property, schedule economical goals that NPCs will follow and more.

The website has also gotten a makeover!

There is a new blog post just published on some of our locations. Expect more to come very soon!
Make sure you check out the website and sign up for the newsletter if you haven't already - it will pay off, trust me.
02/24/2015 10:57 am
MinecraftFrontiers
Quite a lot of work has been happening on the project lately. Our builders have started making a shady part of town for those that do not exactly love the law. Not only will this add more life to the town, but will present the players with a range of new options.

Will a player try to have a high standing with the town, being respected by those in power? Or will the player decide to live in the shadows where they get to make their own rules? Every choice has a consequence though, and every player should understand the weight of their decisions. If the city state sees you as a criminal, it is unlikely they will let you use their port to trade goods. On the other hand, taking the official route will mean you can't ship in goods that are seen as illegal.

Players will have to work together to, be smart and come up with creative ways to navigate the political system.
02/23/2015 8:10 pm
MinecraftFrontiers
A blog post about harvesting and mining will be coming out soon. Expect a pretty smart system that promotes exploration and rewards those that venture into the unknown areas!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome