Minecraft on the Moon

SketchyGeo's Avatar SketchyGeo2/11/18 12:41 pm history
7 emeralds 211
Hey! My name is Geo, and we are currently developing a factions server that is completely different that any other factions servers out there.

What's so unique to warrant a thread on Minecraft - Discussion instead of Servers?

Well, this is not an advertisement for the server. The server is not released yet and is still in development. I believe this is a concept that is new, and I need feedback on it, and ideas to improve it.

So, how does it look?

We have developed a test world which is 500x500 blocks to test out the landscape, and the materials generated, and here is a picture of how it looks. The world is perma night time, simulating the "dark" side of the moon where all the mysterious things happen.

Here is one of the mobs we are currently developing. I'm sure you can guess by now it is an alien. At the moment of writing this, we have more mobs, including that cow in the back of the picture. The cow is no ordinary cow. It is a mutated cow, which runs incredibly quick, and has a chance of blowing up like a creeper. There is also no vanilla mobs on the moon... no trees... no water...

So how do I survive? (Craft, farm, and other minecrafty things)

Glad you asked! At this time of writing this, we have developed one planet other than the moon. Earth.

Earth contains all the resources you need! It has trees, some food, grass, and water. But that would be too easy right? Walk up to earth and steal everything. Earth resets every 12 hours at the time of writing, and to get there, players will have to get 64 rotten flesh to get there. It will be changed to special items obtained from mobs from the moon, but for testing purposes we just used rotten flesh for simplicity. Other planets are also in the works, like Mars where redstone will be the theme, and TNT will be in abundance.

Once again, this will be a factions server, so the experience will be a lot different than before. Try making an underground base with sand everywhere falling on you. Dark and gloomy, it makes it a lot harder to get OP on the server, and build up quickly. Instead, this requires co-operation to build up against the environment first, then players could go against each other.

Server will be releasing on March 3rd, at an unknown time at this time.

To keep in touch with us, join our discord:

discord.gg/rhDvkjV
SketchyGeo
Level 11 : Journeyman Architect