Minestad - A mature, long term, community oriented, Hermitcraft inspired SMP

Kejoko's Avatar Kejoko9/3/19 11:55 am history
4 emeralds 320 9
9/12/2019 4:28 pm
TheMaron's Avatar TheMaron
What is Minestad?

Minestad is a vanilla Minecraft survival server started by two life-long friends. Whether it’s griefers, servers becoming ghost towns, owners abusing OP powers, or just unpleasant experiences, we have seen and been apart of many communities that have fallen apart. We are looking to create not only a Minecraft server, but also a strong community around it. With Minestad we are hoping to create opportunities to make friends and enjoy experiences and create memories with one another.

Minestad’s goal

With Minestad we hope to provide more than just a server for you to get your quick fix of Minecraft. While being somewhat unrealistic and a largely unattainable goal, we strive for Minestad to be similar to Hermitcraft. This does not mean we expect players to stream or create videos (if that’s your thing, great! We will support it!) but instead we wish for a tight knit community and a long term server that continues to evolve and improve. Minestad is a democratic server, meaning that server wide issues will be settled with a vote. Although there are two creators of the server, everyone's voice and opinion is of equal importance.

Is Minestad for you?

Are you looking to get your quick fix of Minecraft before moving on to the next game? Are you the type of player who plays on a server for a month only to grow tired of playing and to never return again? If you answered yes to either of the above questions, then no, Minestad is not for you. Minestad is a supportive community and a long term server, where players will always have a home to return to. We understand that sometimes life gets in the way and sometimes you just burn out for a bit, and that is okay. However, burnout is different than giving up on a server and abandoning a community entirely. We don’t expect you to be playing every one of your waking moments, or even every day. Just be sure to return to the server or let your friends in the community know if something is up, or if your taking a break. Minestad intends to be a community based server of mature individuals who share a love for the game and wish to make friends and share memorable experiences with one another.

How to join

Minestad is a Whitelisted server, so you will need to apply and be accepted. Be sure to fill out the application form linked below and include your Discord name. We will reach out to you through Discord, so an account is a necessity! Please take your time and be yourself in the application, we want to get to know you! The number one thing we are looking for in the application is effort. We want to see that you really care. Give a thorough response and your chances are much greater.

Rules

On the Minestad server you are free to play however you please. If you like exploring the world and finding awesome terrain generation, do it! If you like to create mega farms and automation is your thing, go right ahead. If you’re a builder at heart and want to create a sprawling medieval kingdom, great! All playstyles are welcomed and encouraged, but with that being said there are a few rules to be enforced and a few things that are prohibited on the server. Failure to comply to these rules can, and likely will, result in your removal from the whitelist and Discord.

1.  Don’t be a dick - This is pretty self explanatory. Minestad is a mature community, where the players treat each other respectfully. Yes, “being a dick” is pretty vague, but we are all adults and know how others would like to be treated. Nobody wants to have their time ruined by someone mistreating them.

2.  No Cheating - Use common sense, if you think you shouldn’t be doing something don’t do it, or ask others first. No X-Ray, no glitch exploits or duping, play minecraft how it is intended to be played.

3.  If you have an issue, SPEAK UP - Communication is key. If you have an issue with the way someone is acting, tell them. We are adults, we can handle it. Conflicts arise when people keep their issues to themselves and try to take matters into their own hands rather than trying to work together towards a resolution.

4.  Not sure? ASK - If you’re not sure if you should be doing something, just ask. There is no harm in asking. Ask anyone! Minestad is a friendly community and people will be willing to talk or explain something to you if you don’t understand. If you have a major issue with something going on, or an idea that would be beneficial for the community bring it up! Minestad is a democratic community and server wide issues will be settled with a vote.

5.  Be Mature - Don’t go around building inappropriate objects everywhere and spamming the chat with offensive language. Most conflicts can be avoided simply by acting maturely. You may be asking, doesn’t this just fall under Don’t be a dick, and yes, it does. We just want to reiterate the fact that Minestad is a welcoming and friendly community.

6.  Spawn is for community projects - While we encourage people to stay somewhat close to spawn, don’t set up your base in spawn. Spawn and some of the area surrounding it will be used for community projects and builds. What these projects are, we don’t know yet. We will vote on the specifics as a community.

Links & Miscellaneous Information
        • Feel free to reply to this post, send me a PM, or send an email to minestad.mc@gmail.com with any questions or concerns!
        • The server is running version 1.14.4.
        • Minestad will be played on hard difficulty.
        • The server is located in Dallas, Texas.
        • The server is running on 8gb RAM and unmetered SSD storage.
        • A few data packs are being utilized. These are "AFK Display," "Anti Enderman Grief," and "Multiplayer Sleep" from Xisuma's Vanilla Tweaks.
          • Additional datapacks, as long as they don’t stray too far from the vanilla experience, may be added in the future if proposed and voted on by the community.
        • A few plugins will be used so we are able to detect suspicious behavior and improve server performance.
          • The suspicious behavior detection plugins will be very lightweight, as we are relying heavily upon the honor code.
        • The first ender dragon fight will be done as a server.

Important Note

While Minestad is currently up and running the server will be reset on Friday, September 6th at 7:00pm CST (GMT -5). This date will be viewed as the official start date. We are doing this for a couple reasons. The first reason is to ensure that everything is running as it should be. We are going to take a few days to test the server and give players time to test their connections. The second reason is to provide everyone with a level playing field. Nobody enjoys joining a server and struggling to survive the first night while people already have end game gear. We are trying to mitigate this because we believe it detracts from the enjoyable experience. We are waiting for whitelist applications to be submitted and accepted before we all start playing together.

Application: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe-m4ni8xDdlm1donOa8yl5Ux0hQBgcy7NXdeRbqw64ZYKVvA/viewform?usp=sf_link

EDIT: Updated “Links and Miscellaneous Information” Section to include information regarding data packs.
        Kejoko
        Level 8 : Apprentice Architect