In need of ChatMods for a rapidly growing server!

Oytz's Avatar Oytz7/16/15 1:30 pm
7/16/2015 10:04 pm
nemssi12312's Avatar nemssi12312
This post may be long, but if you're looking for a serious server to have fun in and be apart of something potentially big, it's well worth the read.

Hello! I am one of two proud owners of a new, and quickly growing server. Our server is gaining popularity because it is one of a kind and players enjoy it. We average around 40 players, with a peak of 80 during mid day.

Although we are still implementing proprietary plugins and great new features, we are taken aback by the high player count. Our current established staff are finding themselves overwhelmed, so we need some extra ChatMods.

Perks of being a ChatMod:

- Join an awesome staff environment where the owners listen to you and you become apart of our staffing family.

- Become an integral part of a new, exciting, and popular Minecraft server idea.

- Learn how to assist players in a casual yet consistent and friendly way.

- Great potential to be promoted to Mod+

Essential Requirements:

- You must have Skype. Skype is our primary way of communicating and keeping up to date on all changes. All of our staff are in a Skype group for discussion. If you don't have a mic that is OK. I also completely understand if you are uncomfortable to physically talk with us.

- Maturity. This is perhaps one of the most important traits for you to have. Our ideal candidate is mature, and works well with other players and staff members.

- Knowing there is no black or white. Every situation in which you must give disciplinary action is a unique and different scenario. You will learn more and more about how to deal with certain situations.

- Experience. I've seen many people who have been staff on many servers do poorly, and people who have never been staff do great. It all boils down to the kind of person you are. When I talk about experience, what I'm saying is that it's important for you to know the basic functions of Minecraft, and you've been apart of this great game for at least 4 months.

- Have fun. As serious as any of this may seem, my main goal is give new staff members a rewarding experience, and to thoroughly enjoy themselves on the server. This is Minecraft after all, and by no means a job.

Here is a general application. Remember that this is to gather basic information and I ultimately judge on performance.

Minecraft username:

Age (optional):

How long you've been playing Minecraft?:

What do you think makes a good leader?:

Do you have a specialty with Minecraft(Art, building, programming, etc.)?:

Additional information (optional):

[color=#FF0000][b]If I accept your application, I will PM you here on PMC with contact information to me. We can then interview briefly and I can set you up with more information! Thank you so much for taking the time to read this.

Server IP: mc.grancraft.net

Please do not ask about your application in the server, thank you.[/color][/b]
Oytz
Level 38 : Artisan Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/16/2015 10:04 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Architect
nemssi12312
Please note that I am at my grandparents house and can't immediately contact you via Skype if the application is accepted. Tomorrow morning is when I am leaving for home and that is when I will be able to contact you. If by chance I have the time, I'll install the Skype app on my phone.

Minecraft username: nemssi

Age (optional): [b][color=#0080FF]16[/b][/color]

How long you've been playing Minecraft?: [b][color=#0080FF]I have been playing Minecraft since the early beta. So, before the actual release date. I've enjoyed playing both single player and multiplayer and I will continue to do so until I've had enough of it. (Which isn't even close to being soon)[/color][/b]

What do you think makes a good leader?: [b][color=#0080FF]]I personally think that if you're going to be a good leader you're going to need to be able to the following things.

• Handle a situation properly while remaining calm where most would get frustrated or angry and just jump to a conclusion that isn't even justifiable.

• Be a mature intellectual.

• A person that can talk to other people without getting angry immediately.

• A person that can listen to other people when getting them into trouble for something. What ever it may be, he should be able to tell which one should be punished and one that should be warned. Or both.

I could go on about it but that's is what I think makes a good leader.[/b][/color]

Do you have a specialty with Minecraft(Art, building, programming, etc.)?: [b][color=#0080FF]Sadly I do not have any specialty with Minecraft except for moderating and administering servers like I have been doing for a long time. However, I do like building fancy houses when I really want to.[/color][/b]

Additional information (optional): [b][color=#0080FF]As mentioned before I will not be able to access Skype until later tomorrow or Saturday. I really do apologize for that, but duty calls.[/color][/b]
07/16/2015 9:29 pm
Level 21 : Expert Pokemon
MinerBRJ
Minecraft username: MinerBRJ

Age (optional): I'd rather not talk about it (Yes, I am older than 10)

How long you've been playing Minecraft?: I have been playing Minecraft since 2012

What do you think makes a good leader?: A good leader is a visionary, open-minded person that never puts himself in first place. A good leader is friendly, mature and calm at times where the best of people would get angry or frustated. A good leader is intelligent and can do all sorts of things. A good leader would never let a teammate behind, and would give opportunities to everyone. He's also determinated and very secure about himself. He isn't jealous of other people.

Do you have a specialty with Minecraft(Art, building, programming, etc.)?: My specialty is moderating. I have been Mod and Admin at various servers with active players before, but I was never been a ChatMod before. I am average at Building, so I can help a little with that. I am terrible at programming, but in August i'm gonna start taking game design classes, and you also learn how to code games and Java. I am bad at redstone.

Additional information (optional): I am from Brazil, and I play soccer irl, so sometimes the timezone may be kinda confusing. Also, I can dedicate a lot of time.
07/16/2015 8:30 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
PotatoCat238
Minecraft username: Curiendros

Age (optional): 15

How long you've been playing Minecraft?: 4 years

What do you think makes a good leader?: The ability to put others before yourself, and the intelligence to make the best decision available.

Do you have a specialty with Minecraft(Art, building, programming, etc.)?: I'm not quite sure if this counts, but I'm capable of understanding new plugins fairly quickly. I can also use world edit.

Additional information (optional): While you said that experience doesn't always make a difference, I figured I may as well mention it anyways. I have been helper on 3 servers, and then promoted to moderator on 2.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and good luck to all the other applicants as well.
07/16/2015 8:16 pm
Oytz
I messaged a few of you, check your inbox!
07/16/2015 5:55 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Bunny
BeforeIDie
Minecraft username: Ellume, but I am going to be changing it when my 30 days is up in 2 days.

Age (optional): 14, I'm going to be a freshman in highschool.

How long you've been playing Minecraft?: since my 11th birthday, so 3 years

What do you think makes a good leader?: I think being a good leader includes the ability to keep a happy atmosphere around the community of players. With everyone fighting no one will have fun, Myself personally I am considered a peace maker within people i'm around, sure I have my moments when I fight with my friends, but that happens to everyone and I have the ability to get over it quickly. I can handle players who are being bad, or have done something bad with patience and calmness rather than being aggressive and rude. I know perfectly well not to let my personal experiences interfere with how I deal with players.

Do you have a specialty with Minecraft(Art, building, programming, etc.)?:
I pretty much suck at programming, but as for the art part of minecraft being a skinner I would like to say I excel there, Mostly skinning though. I'm alright at building, not great, not horrible.
Additional information (optional): I have what days I will be gone set up, I am a cheerleader and that takes up 2 hours of my day, but it is in the morning during summer and right after school during the school time so I will be able to at least get on for an hour during school days or a few during summer. I am typically able to get on for more than 5 hours a day, excluding Fridays during the school year when football games take up my whole day (other than school)
07/16/2015 5:45 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
ManUtdFTW11
Minecraft username: gpselfie

Age (optional): I'm currently 15 years of age.

How long you've been playing Minecraft?: I've been playing minecraft for a few years now - 3 and I've averaged a fair few hours a day.

What do you think makes a good leader?: A good leader is a person who can step up to the challenge no matter how hard or easy it is, I myself can do this and I take great pleasure in all my acheivements that I've accomplished as a leader.

Do you have a specialty with Minecraft(Art, building, programming, etc.)?: I'm good with minecraft art especially.

Additional information (optional): I'm 15 years young from a small country town in Australia. To keep my personal health balanced I play Rept soccer, aswell as for the district. I spend most day playing computer games like Minecraft, CS:GO and arma 2 aswell. I think that being a chat mod on this server will be a great thing for me, and I look foward to seeing you all In-Game if I were accepted.

Jordan.
07/16/2015 4:51 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Artist
Cobblerstone
Hi! My name is Braden, and I'll give it a shot!

Minecraft username: Cobblerstone

Age (optional): 17

How long you've been playing Minecraft?: Since Beta 1.7.2

What do you think makes a good leader?: I think that there are a lot of qualities that make someone a good leader. For myself specifically, I think what makes me a good leader is that I know how to keep morale up. I like to encourage people to keep going when the going gets tough. No project or task is too big to do, and that with determination, it can get done. Another important part of leadership that sets me apart is being part of the teamwork. When I get bossed around by a leader who doesn't do any work, I feel like there is no reason to work. I show people how to do something, for example build a bridge, and then I help see them through the final project. I will build with them, and not leave the person by themselves. No one should have to be told what to do by someone not working. Lastly, I think that what sets me apart in leadership is that you encourage others to be leaders. I work at a local arboretum, and we always need more leaders. We have lots of volunteers, and some of the current volunteer leaders, including myself, encourage the new volunteers to one day aim for a leadership position. This kind of care helps give people faith that they can achieve their dreams!

Do you have a specialty with Minecraft(Art, building, programming, etc.)?: I would say that I'm an all around Minecraft guy, but I enjoy building houses, spawns, towns, cities, bridges, railways, and subways. Building gives me joy!

Additional information (optional): I enjoy writing music in my spare time, and I also perform this music. Its nice to have Minecraft as a break!

Thank you!
Braden
07/16/2015 4:42 pm
Oytz
Thank you for the applications. I'm going to need about 5 new staff members!
07/16/2015 2:32 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
michaeljay23
Minecraft username: _Abusive

Age (optional): 19 (Turning 20 in December)

How long you've been playing Minecraft?: 3-4 years.

What do you think makes a good leader?: I am very visionary. I have the ability to foresee potential opportunities on the server and with making the community bigger and I also know how to motivate my followers to work towards a common goal or achievement. I have communication and communication is a very BIG key role in leadership. I know people aren't always going to get stuff right the first time, so you've got to help them through it and not lose your temper because people screw up. I personally display sincerity, integrity, and candor in all your actions. Deceptive behavior will not inspire trust. One thing I did find out is that confidence in all that you do. By showing endurance in mental, physical, and spiritual stamina, you will inspire others to reach for new heights. Take charge when necessary and make sure it is the right call as-well. I also show fair treatment to all people. Prejudice is the enemy of justice. Display empathy by being sensitive to the feelings, values, interests, and well-being of others.

Do you have a specialty with Minecraft(Art, building, programming, etc.)?: No, I am very good at doing coordination and planning events and helping people out in general.

Additional information (optional): Looking forward to hearing from you soon!
Sincerely Michael.
07/16/2015 1:41 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Explorer
BeMyDinoDouh
Minecraft username: SirTortilla

Age (optional): N/A

How long you've been playing Minecraft?: I have been playing minecraft for about 3-4 years and i've learned so much about it.

What do you think makes a good leader?: I think what makes a great leader is team work. The leader should work with the others and try to make a better community. A leader should be confident in his decisions and not regret them for the better of his people. He should be responsible and trust worthy of everyone that is with him. He should respect everyone and their decisions as well. He should be kind to his community and be mature about everything. He should work efficiently and quickly.

Do you have a specialty with Minecraft(Art, building, programming, etc.)?: I have a specialty with plugins and servers. I can configure about almost any plugin and I can configure the server. I manage,update and configure. I do pretty much everything in general in plugins. I am also going to be learning java.

Additional information (optional): Im not sure how the private message works. So could you add me on skype if I am accepted? Skype: anujpatel456
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome