Question for server owners

LightlySaltedBuilder's Avatar LightlySaltedBuilder8/14/17 11:09 pm
1 emeralds 135 4
8/17/2017 12:10 am
Brendann's Avatar Brendann
How much does it cost to run a server? I'm not planning on making a server right now, since I don't have any way to fund it without breaking into my piggy bank(I don't want to use savings to fund a server because when those run out the server would probably go down). So I'm just wondering how much it costs to run a high-speed or minimal lag, 20 player server. And also, how much would it cost to run a private server, if I don't want to host it from my computer?
LightlySaltedBuilder
Level 53 : Grandmaster Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/17/2017 12:10 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Ranger
Brendann
Depends as a former server owner, I can tell you if you want a good server, some custom features to make your server stand out and not be bland. Around 20 dollars a month maybe more if you pay for a dev.
08/17/2017 12:07 amhistory
Level 35 : Artisan Explorer
ChitterChatter_
It also depends too on if you wanted a bungee server with several other servers in your network or just one server with different worlds. You would need to have a rough idea on what you want, how many players, how many plugins etc. There are a lot of options out there - shop around and find what suits your needs and price ranges.
08/15/2017 3:30 pm
Level 27 : Expert Taco
Noah
To figure out how much money a server would cost you would want to know how much players you would have on, what type of gamemode, and if there would be any other gamemodes on the same server.

Assuming you're going to use a survival server with simple functions like tpa, sethome, msg, etc. (essentials) you would need to probably pay around 10 dollars a month for a server that would upkeep a constant 20 players on a server. My reason for saying this is because players on survival roam around al bunch, roaming around with 20 players would make a heavy demand for chunk loading.

Overall different server hosting companies will make you pay more per GB so it depends on the hosting company. Looking up and comparing prices and ratings will help you choose the best server hosting experience for you.
08/15/2017 4:11 am
Level 1 : New Miner
fudgecakeking
It depends on the host. They go up from £6 for a decent host
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome